Disney Visa $200 question

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Jennifer in MI, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jennifer in MI

Jennifer in MI DIS Veteran

I just got my card yesterday (actually, dh got it - I already have one) and used it. Will they automatically send me the $200 gift card? And, how long does it take? I'm hoping to have it in time for our cruise in September. We leave on the 11th. What do you think?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ljcraw555

ljcraw555 DIS Veteran

They automatically sent it to me within about a week from my first purchase. :cool1:

4. Jennifer in MI

Wow! Nice!!! I was hoping it wasn't one of those 10 − 12 week things. Was it a week from the purchase or a week after you made a payment?

5. marshallandcartersmo

marshallandcartersmo DIS Veteran

They automatically sent DH his....I haven't ever got one with mine (have had the card about a year), but my points are adding up with each month.

Maybe different cards have different plans?

6. abcboys

abcboys DIS Veteran

I've had mine about a year and never automatically received anything either. I currently have 312 on mine. Probably gonna cash out next month for our october trip

7. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

I just got a $100 credit on my card, nothing in the mail. But, it was $100 free, so I'm all good! Oh, and it was credited right after I used it for the first time.:goodvibes

8. MagicalMawMaw

MagicalMawMaw DIS Veteran

After my purchase it was about a month before my $200. gift card arrived.

9. amy-momofthree

amy-momofthree DIS Veteran

Mine arrived within a week. Watch your mail carefully, the envelope that the gift card came in could've easily been mistaken for junk mail!

10. Hardy

Hardy Mouseketeer

My dh and I each got one, they arrived a couple of weeks after we used them, no bill had arrived yet even. They come in a plain white business envelope that say reward something or other in the corner, can definitely look like nothing important!

11. Jennifer in MI

Cool! Sounds like we'll have it in time for our trip!

ABCboys - this is different than the rewards you earn. This was a bonus for signing up for the card. When you need to cash out the reward dollars, yes, you need to call.

12. meggybear17

meggybear17 Knows she never says anything interesting enough f

Mine came in about a week or less from the purchase time as well! And no we had not paid the bill or even received a bill yet. And ditto the previous posters, it came in a plain white envelope that could easily be tossed aside.