Disney Vet one day Solo. Want to do it all. Have a PAP. Please help.

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
On September 10, 2015, I will be staying at Poly Villas before moving to GFVs.
For one night, September 10, I will be solo. My dh/ds will be home, dd in college. I'll be moving to GFVs to meet my mom.
On September 10 or September 11, I would like to do all four parks. I don't need to ride all
the attractions but I would like to try to hit all four parks. I have a PAP. I have a 5 pm at Cape May (all my friends are laughing at me since I'm going alone) and had hoped to be done with all four parks before my dinner. Should I try to do this on September 11? Should I try to do all parks on September 10? I'll be arriving about 12:00 pm. I have Ohana at 8 pm.

What should be my strategy. Right now, I do have my first set of FP for AK on September 11 since I figured that is the furtherest park.

Thank you very much.

Anyone? :(
Thanks all :)

Sorry, just catching up.

You have opened one of my favorite cans of worms, so just remember, you asked for this. ;)

I did 4 parks 1 day this year and had a great time, but there's no way I could have been done with my goals in time for a 5 pm ADR - and my goals weren't all that ambitious. I would seriously plan on doing a park after dinner. I looked at the crowd calendar on Easy WDW; Epcot has evening EMH on 9/11, and is the only park not recommended for that day. It was the only non-recommended park on my 4 parks day (am EMH) and wasn't a problem, and my overall crowd level was more than projected for your day. I don't think I'd even try doing a 4 parks day that didn't start till noon.

The big question is: what do you actually want to do? I wanted to do a few favorite things in each park and get my photo with Mickey and Minnie to track my progress. I wanted lunch at Tangierine Cafe in Epcot, I wanted to use my FPs for MK so I could ride 7DMT, but I wanted to ride TSM at DHS, too. Here's what I did:

Rope Drop at DHS, hit TSM and Star Tours, got my pictures with Phineas & Ferb, Sorcerer Mickey, and Minnie (this is when the Mice were still in the Animation bldg).
Boat to Epcot
Lunch at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco, photos at character spot with Mickey, Goofy & Minnie, walked around and looked at Flower & Garden fest stuff/topiaries.
Bus to AK
Photos with Mickey & Minnie. Rode Safari with a surprisingly short standby wait, walked Maharajah Jungle Trek (tiger trail). (Really wanted to make the Nemo show my AK activity but the timing didn't fit.)
Bus to MK
Photos with Minnie & Daisy (first thing I did at MK, and I think it was right about 5, maybe after, when I finished that), photo with Mickey, Move it Shake it, dinner at Pinocchio's, 7DMT and Buzz with FPs, Monsters Inc, IASW... Can't remember if there was anything else, but I ended with Wishes.

I would strongly advise that you use your FP at MK, whenever you choose to go there, because IMO you'll get the best use of them there. Depending on what you want to do at AK, you really don't need them. You can ride EE single rider, do the walking trails, see any of the shows (FOTLK, Nemo, Flights of Wonder) without FP.

No one has am EMH on your day. I'm not concerned with relative locations/distances between parks, more interested in what things I most want to do and when are the best times to do them (eg, if I want 7DMT, I really need a FP booked in advance, which means RD if I want to do TSM as well).

Sorry, just catching up.

You have opened one of my favorite cans of worms, so just remember, you asked for this. ;)

I did 4 parks 1 day this year and had a great time, but there's no way I could have been done with my goals in time for a 5 pm ADR - and my goals weren't all that ambitious. I would seriously plan on doing a park after dinner. I looked at the crowd calendar on Easy WDW; Epcot has evening EMH on 9/11, and is the only park not recommended for that day. It was the only non-recommended park on my 4 parks day (am EMH) and wasn't a problem, and my overall crowd level was more than projected for your day. I don't think I'd even try doing a 4 parks day that didn't start till noon.

The big question is: what do you actually want to do? I wanted to do a few favorite things in each park and get my photo with Mickey and Minnie to track my progress. I wanted lunch at Tangierine Cafe in Epcot, I wanted to use my FPs for MK so I could ride 7DMT, but I wanted to ride TSM at DHS, too. Here's what I did:

Rope Drop at DHS, hit TSM and Star Tours, got my pictures with Phineas & Ferb, Sorcerer Mickey, and Minnie (this is when the Mice were still in the Animation bldg).
Boat to Epcot
Lunch at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco, photos at character spot with Mickey, Goofy & Minnie, walked around and looked at Flower & Garden fest stuff/topiaries.
Bus to AK
Photos with Mickey & Minnie. Rode Safari with a surprisingly short standby wait, walked Maharajah Jungle Trek (tiger trail). (Really wanted to make the Nemo show my AK activity but the timing didn't fit.)
Bus to MK
Photos with Minnie & Daisy (first thing I did at MK, and I think it was right about 5, maybe after, when I finished that), photo with Mickey, Move it Shake it, dinner at Pinocchio's, 7DMT and Buzz with FPs, Monsters Inc, IASW... Can't remember if there was anything else, but I ended with Wishes.

I would strongly advise that you use your FP at MK, whenever you choose to go there, because IMO you'll get the best use of them there. Depending on what you want to do at AK, you really don't need them. You can ride EE single rider, do the walking trails, see any of the shows (FOTLK, Nemo, Flights of Wonder) without FP.

No one has am EMH on your day. I'm not concerned with relative locations/distances between parks, more interested in what things I most want to do and when are the best times to do them (eg, if I want 7DMT, I really need a FP booked in advance, which means RD if I want to do TSM as well).

Thank you very much for such a detailed report! I so appreciate it! I printed it out and will take with me and do as you say LOL
I'll try to change my FP now after I get off the dis.

I decided this week to cancel my DDP. I really only like to eat one meal a day and try to stay fit so I was just eating to make best use of the plan. I'll
just eat when I want and pick up a salad somewhere so I don't have to be tied to an ADR. I was only doing the plan since I was trying to do things
I wouldn't normally do with my family, but that was just silly of me LOL Thank you VERY much! I really am so thankful!

Thanks - Now, I still think you need to make your own plan based on your priorities! You probably have your own "must-dos."

I've never had the DDP - it just doesn't suit me. I still eat plenty, but I'd rather just eat what I want when I want and not have to follow the rules or worry about getting "value" from the plan.

I've never been in September so I don't know how weather may play into your day (I've never been when it's hot). Good luck, be ready to go with the flow, and have fun! Tell us how it went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter