Disney Vacation - sort of.....

Missec

Mouseketeer
*Not sure if I posted this in the right area or not. But here goes...

I started working at WDW in Cosmic Ray Cafe in 1997. While I was there only a week. I was very excited about working for the mouse.

I had a Mother and a daughter come up to me with tears in their eyes. "I was like can I help you?" They both looked at each other and and looked at me again. Nothing out of either one but tears. Standing there not knowing what to do, I ask another CM to get a manager. The manager shows up and asked if they are ok, the mom says our son...... and the daughter says, he passed last week. She said looking at me... he looks just like my brother. The mom hands us a pic of her son. Sure enough I looked like him. I was a bit taken back that we did look so much alike. The mom said that she prayed to see her son one last time, and it came true, true at Disney. She smiled and we talked for awhile. As they started to leave, the mom and daughter hugged me and said thanks for making our dreams come true.

That just gives me the shivers. That was awful kind of you that you gave them a hug and didn't just brush them off for the next person in line.

( as far as where you've placed this thread; it might even be appropriate under the YOAMD thread, even though it took place so long ago).

What a nice story. :thumbsup2

saschab said:
That just gives me the shivers. That was awful kind of you that you gave them a hug and didn't just brush them off for the next person in line.

( as far as where you've placed this thread; it might even be appropriate under the YOAMD thread, even though it took place so long ago).

What a nice story. :thumbsup2

It is a very nice storoy, but I agree with saschab, I am going to move it to YOAMD, with a link still at the Trip Reports Board.

Thanks for sharing.

Ohmari
Moderator Trip Reports Board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter