Disney Vacation Club and Omni?

Applemomma

DIS Veteran
I need to knowledge from those in the "know". My best friend just bought into Omni last week while in Cancun and she was told that they could get rooms "in Disney World" which she took to mean "on property". Is this the case? Can they book a DVC with Omni or is she stuck with ChampionsGate (or whatever it's called)?

World Passport Collection has a few properties listed in Cancun, but I don't see anything listed as Omni.

If it trades through II and a DVC member wants it, then she would have a change to trade to DVC.

In theory any II owner can trade into DVC. It's actually not nearly as hard to do as most members seem to think. About 6 months of the year a 1 BR or smaller is actually quite easy for most times, a 2 BR is workable for many times. The Omni in Cancun is quite a nice resort and likely does have enough resort quality rating to trade into DVC. I know it was on the DVC trade list at one time but I can't get into it right now to double check if it is now. One misperception that many people have with II trading is that many wrongly believe that the DVC II listing works both ways. But it's not so, any II member can potentially trade in to DVC, not just those on the DVC II list and actually those resorts on the DVC II list have no real advantage trading in over those not on the list other than potentially being better rated resorts.

HUH??? Example please :teacher:
DVC lists some 500 II resorts of the 2000 or so in II total. DVC members can only trade to the 500 or so resorts but owners at ALL 2000 resorts can potentially trade into DVC except for those located close to certain DVC resorts like HH and Orlando. There are DVC members that erroneously think that only members of those same 500 resorts can trade into DVC or that they have an advantage because they are on DVC's trade list and this is simply wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter