Disney, Universal, Christmas, Flights....

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by 101disneyfan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. 101disneyfan

101disneyfan Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

Alright, experts!
    What I would like to know is if there are any sorts of packages (Disney-related, Universal-related, or third party) that would include:
    • a flight to MCO
    • a hotel with shuttles to/from the airport, and the 4 WDW theme parks, and the 2 Universal Orlando theme parks
    • theme park tickets

If anybody has any ideas, please feel free to leave them here, and if any other travelers can benefit from this thread, then I'm happy to share the information with another!

Thanks everyone!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Can tell you for certain that the Universal packages are RARELY worth it.If you can swing staying onsite at one of Universals hotels, it will give you the Express pass for resort guests which gets you almost to the front of the line ( it is like instant fastpass) for all rides, as many times as you want, EXCEPT- Rip Ride Rocket, Pteranodon Flyers, Harry Potter Forbbiden Journey and Ollivanders Wand shop.If you are considering traveling Christmas week, you will want the express pass since universal is just as packed as Disney and waits can be over an hour for attractions.If you do not stay onsite, you can purchase the Express pass, BUT it is only good for one ride per attraction( resort guests have unlimited) and is a cost in ADDITION to park tickets.The cost of express pass depedns on the projected park crowds for the day, the largr the crowds the more expensive the pass and they can run out of them( I have seen the pass as much as $70 per person ).Each pass is DATE SPECIFIC and PARK SPECIFIC. so if you wanted to visit both parks, you would need 2 separate express passes.Head over to the Universal forum for more info

4. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

I would just book direct with Disney. That covers the whole Disney part of it and has transport. For universal you could just pay for a shuttle or taxi there. :)

5. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

If you decide to stay at one of the Universal hotels I would recommend doing the WDW portion of your trip first. We did US/IOA first and stayed on site. My kids got used to the unlimited express pass and were very unhappy standing in lines at WDW after that (even though we had a great touring plan and made use of fast passes and never ended up standing in line very long).

6. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I can see why..I said the same thing after Unversal..I can't go back to Disneys Fastpass , I am spoiled..LOL