Disney unions accept contract

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Jun 7, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Disney unions accept contract

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mwehttam

mwehttam Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch...

Good to see that is was passed.

Interesting that less then 1/3 of the membership voted. Apparently not many cared one way or the other what would happen.

-Matt

4. NUHuskies#1

NUHuskies#1 My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it m

Good to see as we are arriving on June 20th!

5. OrlandoMike

OrlandoMike <font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i Moderator

The unions represent every CM, but not every CM belongs to the union. Only members are allowed to vote.

6. mwehttam

mwehttam Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch...

Well that is just moronic. You represent me but I can't vote on what you do. Just one more check mark in the column of "Unions have no reason to exist in the 21st Century."

-Matt

7. OrlandoMike

OrlandoMike <font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i Moderator

If you want to vote join the union.

Kind of like living in the USA. If you dont like the rules register and vote!

8. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Not only is it Union Members only who are able to vote, but it is Union Members who are full time. I have been a CR for almost two years and have been a union member and gotten mailings from the union, but have never been given any opportunity to vote.

9. jackskellingtonsgirl

jackskellingtonsgirl <marquee><font color=deeppink>Jello Shot Chick</ma

Hmm. That's interesting. Do you feel like it is worth it to pay union dues if you don't get anything in return?

I will say if I was full-time and depended on those health benefits and so forth I wouldn't want part timers voting on the proposals. No offense. I just wouldn't want votes being cast by folks who weren't entitled to the benefits being voted on. Unless you actually have the insurance and understand the costs I don't think you should vote to approve or disapprove of changes to cost of coverage.

DH used to have HMO coverage that we loved, but the premiums were really expensive. Now we have PPO coverage (different employer) that is pretty cheap for premiums but costs us a boatload of money out of pocket. DH is not affiliated with a union - the corporations make the decisions without any employee input, but if there was a union I wouldn't expect them to allow part time employees to vote as they wouldn't have the same understanding of the costs as a full time employee would. It would be hard for a part time employee to understand the impact of the changes on a full timer.