Disney Treasures wave 3 pre-orders

forgetyourtroubles!

Mouseketeer
I placed my order today for the Disney treasures wave 3. I'm wondering if you think there is much chance that they won't be able to fill all the orders. I saw that both the Mickey and the Donald dvd's were on the best-seller lists and they haven't even been released yet. Ebay prices are very high for the Mickey in Living color pt. 1...perhaps I should not worry about it? Any thoughts? There will be 125,000 of each.

I wouldn't worry about it... The first two waves had the same type of response, and they were redily available for several months after release. Now, if you were in my situation (the movers lost a box of DVDs, including all the Disney Treasures DVDs), you might have a problem and have to pay the E-Bay prices, but for a pre-order you should be in good shape.

Sarangel

oh, no. Will the movers insurance cover it?

I think there are 150K in each set, btw, not sure though.

There should be plenty to go around initially, but you can't wait around forever. I'm glad to see the quality of the Treasures sets improve from year to year as well. Wave 3 should be a real treat.

oh, no. Will the movers insurance cover it?
At the moment we're arguing with them over that very point. They charged us $247.00 for "insurance" that turns out not to be insurance and they're saying that since we didn't note one little box missing on the day of the move (3 movers to one pregnant me) that they must have delivered it. We've protested, but had no response yet. We may end up going to small claims, but it's not likely to be fun.

And in the mean time, we're slowly working to replace our discs. :p

Sarangel

Oh I am honestly so sorry.

If you find yourself really missing something that you can't find a replacement of, I'm sure someone here will have it for a copy at least.

I was just curious where are you pre-ordering from?

Amazon looks like you can preorder:

"Availability: This item will be released on December 2, 2003. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives."

but the DisneyStore website, says:

"Coming Soon -- ''Walt Disney Treasures -- Walt's Tomorrowland'' DVD Item #: 29599

Price: $24.99
We're sorry. This item is currently unavailable."

Thanks for any info!

Amy

Hi, Amy
I ordered from Amazon. I've done a pre-order before like this. You go ahead and place the complete order and your card isn't charged until it ships, but assuming you don't change or cancel the order, it will ship to you as soon as they get it and your card is charged without you doing anything. Sometimes, you even get the item a little bit early, maybe a day.

The Disney Movie Club currently has the Series 1 Treasures as a set. If you find a promo code that requires only four fulfillments instead of the regular six, the Treasures will take of your obligations.

I did this a few days ago, and got three "free" DVDs in addition to the four Treasures for just under $130 including S&H, which is a steal if you consider that the Treasures alone sell for more than that an eBay.

As for Wave 3, I will buy the at the store. I have had terrible experiences with Amazon my last few orders, and am hesitant to trust them with any collectors items in the future. I'll pick an an extra copy of the Front Lines and Mickey Mouse sets, which I hope to trade for the wave two treasures I am missing once they, too, go OOP.

Wow, thanks for your info. I looked at the Disney Movie Club and I couldn't find the walt disney treasures series 1 on there. I wonder if you had a more complete list somehow? Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll be using it!

The movies you can see prior to signing up are what's called "enrollments", i.e. these are the movies from which you can choose your three free ones. Once you submit that order, you'll get access to the main site within a day or so, which also lists the titles that are available to fulfill your contract. The Treasures, which fall under that category, can then be found under the Multi-packs category.
Just be sure to read the fine print and search for a good promo code (the DVDtalk forums are good for this). These movie clubs are tricky sometimes.

"Walt Disney Treasures 4-Pack
Order this rare collectible now for family and friends. Includes 4 volumes: Silly Symphonies, David Crockett, Disneyland USA, and Mickey Mouse: In Living Color. Available now all together for a limited time only. Each limited-edition DVD comes in a collectible tin case. Order them before they're gone! (Offer good while supplies last). VOLUMES NOT SOLD SEPARATELY. Plus $6.95 for shipping and processing."

All wav3 DVDs are now on Amazon with write-ups. They are 23.99 each. You get free shipping on orders more than 25 bucks. Get 'em all and you should have them by the 4th. Just in time for Christmas gifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter