Disney-themed Jewelry: My First Attempt!

BellesLibrary

With a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in
Hi, all!

After my first little Mousekeeter was born last June, I needed something non-baby to focus my attention on while she was napping. Since Disney makes everything better, I figured what better to keep my creative juices flowing than a new Disney-themed craft or two.

Out of that came these projects:

A headband for me --Minnie is my favorite!
MinnieHeadband2jpg_zps80b90c2c.jpg

The only thing better than Mickey necklace is a glitter Mickey necklace!
MickeyGlitter1jpg_zps86f6211b.jpg

I made this necklace because Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom.
HauntedMansionNecklace2jpg_zpsd5591671.jpg

I started to mess around with resin and loom beading with this necklace. Resin is difficult to get right!
BeadedMinnie1jpg_zps276b6330.jpg

More resin, plus some Hollywood Studios love:
SorcererHat3jpg_zpsad745ecc.jpg

I love hair accessories, so I made some beaded Mickey and Minnie hair pins.
MickeyMinniePins1_zpsecbe5a56.jpg

Even the baby got in on the action when I made her a beaded mini-headband.
MickeyMinnieBaby3jpg_zps78c37215.jpg

My husband, who isn't obsessed with Disney like I am, hasn't given me a solid opinion on these yet, so I figured I'd go to people who knew about Disney! :) What do you think? Is it worth my time to keep playing around with the beads/ jewelry making?

Somebody's been having fun with their beading loom :)

How'd you make the glitter necklace?

I've never beaded in my life before my daughter was born, but I was itching to do something pretty easy and creative during her naps--I found a little beading loom at our local craft store and fell in LOVE! :love:

The glitter necklace was actually the easiest out of all of them--I ordered some super cool Mickey glitters online (from the UK, I think. Mickey glitter is IMPOSSIBLE to find!), then layered resin/ glitter/ resin/ glitter to get that 3-D effect. I thought it turned out really well, even though I hadn't done much with resin before I made these necklaces!

I've never done anything with resin, I'll have to look into it, thanks :)
It's not easy to work with (the room you're working in can't be too hot or too cold, you have to make a pretty large batch, and you have to make sure that dust or dirt doesn't get into the mixed resin), but the results look SO cool!

It's self-leveling, too, so you get that cool domed effect on whatever you're making. Share if you decide to try it! I'd love to see what you come up with!:cheer2:

The headband is super cute!
Thanks, maddiebee! It's one of my favorites. I initially set out to make it into a thick cuff bracelet, but during my planning, I thought, "This might be cool as a headband." I love how it turned out! It also looks super cool on. My DD (the baby in one of the pictures) and I will definitely be sporting our Disney headbands on our December trip to WDW!:)

Those all look great. I am in LOVE with HM necklace!:love:

Thanks, redhed7588! It's one of my favorites, too. When I was brainstorming about different necklaces to make, I figured I HAD to do something with the HM because it's one of my absolute favorite rides at Disney!

Fantastic! I love the Haunted Mansion one!

Thank you! Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite rides, so that was one of the first things that I thought about when dreaming up ideas for the jewelry! It was fun making it, and I can't wait to wear it during our trip to WDW later this year! :)

Super Cute! I like how you incorporated the Beading into the Resin jewelry!

My favorite is the Minnie headband too! Very cool all around tho!

:cool1:

Those are super cute!!! It has inspired me to try my hand at something new. Thank you for sharing!

These are all very nice - a lot of work was put into these creations - definitely continue making these. The hairpins are adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter