Disney Stock

Ryansdad0727

DIS Veteran
With Disney stock plummeting like it has over the last few months what is the overall mood of us Disney fanatics who own stock. Do you by more or do you get out while you can. Please elaborate on why. I will give my opinion after a few people have answered.

I'm continuing to hold. But I bought in at $17. So, I'm not buying more, but I'm not selling either.

I really don't own enough of it to worry too much about price fluctuations. I thought the 120 price level it reached a couple of times in 2015 was really optimistic, but I don't have that big of an investment that it nudged me to sell at a high price. Conversely, the current price drop doesn't bother me much. I'm confident it will eventually recover. I expect the entire stock market to have a rough 2016, Disney included. If the price drops down into the 80's for awhile in the next couple of weeks, I might try to find some extra money to invest but there are several really solid companies that have "cheaper" stock right now that I'd also like to buy.

Buy low, and sell high. Never sell low. I'm not buying, and I'm not selling. Adjusting for all the splits over the years, my cost per share is $8.34, so Capital Gains taxes if I sold would be a bigger concern than the current stock price.

Well Disney stock is certainly no the only stock in my portfolio that's down. The market as a whole is down quite a bit. // We're holding for now.

The market has always had its ups and downs. For me, it's a long term investment. I am not purchasing any more DIS stock, but I am diversifying into other companies.

I'm continuing to hold. But I bought in at $17. So, I'm not buying more, but I'm not selling either.
I'm in the same boat. Even with the drop its still significantly more than we've ever paid so I'm still okay with it. I really wouldn't mind if it didn't drop a bit more and I'd buy more. I always regret not buying more when it was at $20.

I'm in the same boat. Even with the drop its still significantly more than we've ever paid so I'm still okay with it. I really wouldn't mind if it didn't drop a bit more and I'd buy more. I always regret not buying more when it was at $20.
Me too!

I by Disney stock for my sons to build their college fund. I wished i had started buying sooner but the average price for my 6 year old is $58 per share. I got the bulk of it when it was in the 30's. My 2 year old is not as lucky but i bought several shares for him at $88 last week. I don't plan on touching any of it until they start college so i have a decade or more for growth. I hope it splits at some point. Short term for me would be a hold but i'm betting that buying what i can now will pay off long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter