Disney Springs Town Center Grand Opening Mega Thread!!

Has anyone had a recent experience using a WP+M ticket at DisneyQuest? I read on here that they'll accept it up until closing even though it's not officially included, but then I called Disney and asked, and they said no, it's not included.

Figure I'll try anyway, but I'd like to hear from someone who's had recent experience. Might save us the trip.

Not sure when your trip is, but we'll be visiting DQ (w/our WP&M tickets) the week of memorial day. I can post back either way.

I've seen mediocre, overpriced burgers and bad logistics
I thought the burgers were reasonably priced for being at Disney. $11-12 although that doesn't include fries that's still not terrible. Reviews have been fairly positive so far from what I've seen.

Anyone have a review of the shopping stores?

Not that I'm overly concerned...but it is in fact a shopping complex.

So far bad burgers and bus lanes seem to be hot ticket items...the cheese gods would not be pleased ;)
I don't have a review, but I am getting ready to post a full video tour of all of the stores so that you can at least see what they look like. Many of the chains stores are slightly upgraded versions of the stores you might find in a mall. However, there are definitely some unique ones. The Ugg store is pretty cool and has huge LED screens behind much of the merchandise that show tropical views that change slightly as you look at them. The Under Armor store is pretty cool too in that it is pretty big and has a huge wrap-around staircase at the entrance.

There are some other stores that are pretty unique too. I'll post the video a bit later.

Last edited:

I'm a bit disappointed. The blue-springs area looks fantastic, but the Spanish-style shopping area look like a generic high-end shopping center..doesn't feel Disney to me. Still looking forward to trying the food offerings though.

Good shooting. If I remember you said you are using an iphone 6.

Here's something to help to stabilize your shooting

You can get it at

B&H photo
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
If you click on the below it will take you to
Glide Gear Smart Phone/GoPro Cellfie Stabilizerin search

Because of the price you will not pay for shipping and there is no tax.
Right now it is on back order.

I use them all the time. They are reputable.
That's pretty cool. I'll have to look into that. I take it that Disney allows these in the parks since they're not nearly as long as the regular "selfie sticks?"

I have an iPhone 6S, and that's why I'm able to shoot 4K video. However, I'm planning to get the "plus" version next time since they have optical image stabilization similar to what a modern camcorder would have. However, having something like this to hold would definitely help, and it would ensure that my fingers don't ever "get in the way!" :-)

Thanks for the tip!

That's pretty cool. I'll have to look into that. I take it that Disney allows these in the parks since they're not nearly as long as the regular "selfie sticks?"

I have an iPhone 6S, and that's why I'm able to shoot 4K video. However, I'm planning to get the "plus" version next time since they have optical image stabilization similar to what a modern camcorder would have. However, having something like this to hold would definitely help, and it would ensure that my fingers don't ever "get in the way!" :-)

Thanks for the tip!

I believe if you don't use it as a selfie stick you be ok. I've used a mono-pod with a camcorder and my Panasonic fz300 without problems. I don't know what the plus cost but if the price is close look at the Panasonic FZ300 (there are other makes,but I only know this one.) The f-stop is 2.8 all the way thru the zoom range (25-600MM). and records 4k.

There are reviews on all makes and models on youtube.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1162645-REG/panasonic_lumix_dmc_fz300_digital_camera.html

The 12.1 MP sensor is great for light gathering (low light). I notice some of the makers are reducing the MP size. 12.1 is more than enough to enlarge to 8x10. I have an old Panasonic 5 MP and have made 8x10. why Smaller MP VS bigger MP ? The size of the sensor is constant. The more pixels you pack onto the sensor reduces the amount of light the sensor can gather.

For sharpness it comes done to 3 things 1. lens quality. 2. lens quality 3. lens quality. The problem with cameras now a days....so many to chose from.

Here's a guide.

Each colored box represents a certain number of megapixels. The numbers along the top and left side are print dimensions in inches at 300ppi (pixels per inch). Most books and magazines require 300ppi for photo quality. For example, the chart shows that you can make a 5" x 7" photo quality print from a 3 megapixel camera.

inches @ 300ppi (numbers inside colored boxes are megapixels)
megapixels.gif

Hope this is helpful. I don't want to impose.

New Disney Springs Bus Station to open Thursday May 26 near the town center. Also the old Marketplace Bus station will be closed permanently.

Ztbz

How many bus stops will there be when all is said and done?
Are you asking how many spots for buses to park or how many different areas where you can catch the bus? From what I understand, there will be only one location to catch the buses for the Disney resorts. I don't know how many spots there will be at that stop. There will also be another set of bus stops for non-Disney resort hotels according to the newly released Disney Springs map.

Are you asking how many spots for buses to park or how many different areas where you can catch the bus? From what I understand, there will be only one location to catch the buses for the Disney resorts. I don't know how many spots there will be at that stop. There will also be another set of bus stops for non-Disney resort hotels according to the newly released Disney Springs map.
How many actual stops... You answered my question. :)

I believe if you don't use it as a selfie stick you be ok. I've used a mono-pod with a camcorder and my Panasonic fz300 without problems. I don't know what the plus cost but if the price is close look at the Panasonic FZ300 (there are other makes,but I only know this one.) The f-stop is 2.8 all the way thru the zoom range (25-600MM). and records 4k.

There are reviews on all makes and models on youtube.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1162645-REG/panasonic_lumix_dmc_fz300_digital_camera.html

The 12.1 MP sensor is great for light gathering (low light). I notice some of the makers are reducing the MP size. 12.1 is more than enough to enlarge to 8x10. I have an old Panasonic 5 MP and have made 8x10. why Smaller MP VS bigger MP ? The size of the sensor is constant. The more pixels you pack onto the sensor reduces the amount of light the sensor can gather.

For sharpness it comes done to 3 things 1. lens quality. 2. lens quality 3. lens quality. The problem with cameras now a days....so many to chose from.

Here's a guide.

Each colored box represents a certain number of megapixels. The numbers along the top and left side are print dimensions in inches at 300ppi (pixels per inch). Most books and magazines require 300ppi for photo quality. For example, the chart shows that you can make a 5" x 7" photo quality print from a 3 megapixel camera.

inches @ 300ppi (numbers inside colored boxes are megapixels)
megapixels.gif

Hope this is helpful. I don't want to impose.

This is extremely helpful!! I've been looking to eventually buy a real camcorder, and I definitely want one that does 4K and also does low light much better than my iPhone 6S. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to research the low light capabilities of camcorders in the mid range. (Reasonably priced).

Am I correct in stating that the most important things for a great low light image/video are the size of the imager and the f-stop? I've heard that a f-stop of 2.8 is great for low light, but I'm not exactly sure what that means to be honest. I need to do more research.

Your explanation of dpi was very helpful, and I can see why cramming more megapixels into a camera would result in less light being gathered.

There will only be One Bus Station at Disney Springs but when it was called Down Disny there were originally 3 Bus Stations. The main reason for only one station is cause it took a lot of time to do all 3 Stations.

Disney is also improving the Roadways for the Buses with "Bus Lanes" but there could be issues with Guests driving their cars in the Bus Lanes. (Word of warning, the Traffic Signals are Different then normal traffic lights).

The Bus Station also has twice the number of bus stops that the Old Marketplace has and is even able to handle the longer articatic buses.

Z

This is extremely helpful!! I've been looking to eventually buy a real camcorder, and I definitely want one that does 4K and also does low light much better than my iPhone 6S. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to research the low light capabilities of camcorders in the mid range. (Reasonably priced).

Am I correct in stating that the most important things for a great low light image/video are the size of the imager and the f-stop? I've heard that a f-stop of 2.8 is great for low light, but I'm not exactly sure what that means to be honest. I need to do more research.

Your explanation of dpi was very helpful, and I can see why cramming more megapixels into a camera would result in less light being gathered.

A camera like mine takes stills and movies (4k).
f-stops. Think of the pupil of your eyes. As light intensity around you gets darker the larger your pupils get to take in more light. As intensity of light around you increases your pupils get smaller.

f-stop is the size of iris (pupil) on a camera. The smaller the f-stop number the larger the iris is. The larger the f-stop number is the smaller the iris is. If you can find a film SLR camera and you can manually set the f-stop look into the lens. As you change the f-stop you will see how it works.

f-2.8 means the iris is larger than f-8

Did I confuse you?

A camera like mine takes stills and movies (4k).
f-stops. Think of the pupil of your eyes. As light intensity around you gets darker the larger your pupils get to take in more light. As intensity of light around you increases your pupils get smaller.

f-stop is the size of iris (pupil) on a camera. The smaller the f-stop number the larger the iris is. The larger the f-stop number is the smaller the iris is. If you can find a film SLR camera and you can manually set the f-stop look into the lens. As you change the f-stop you will see how it works.

f-2.8 means the iris is larger than f-8

Did I confuse you?
Also important to remember that the lower the number, such as 2.8, the less depth of field you have, that is, what is in front or back of where the camera is focused is likely to be more out of focus.

Also important to remember that the lower the number, such as 2.8, the less depth of field you have, that is, what is in front or back of where the camera is focused is likely to be more out of focus.

I haven't gotten to that yet. he's taking a lot in now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter