2013 Disney TR

The last time I was on a train was when 'Babe' was still in theaters (and I remember that because of the Happy Meal toy I got). So yeah, a long time ago. :laughing: It's so cool to read about your journey and see the pictures of the train! Your dinner table all set with food on it reminds me of the Hunger Games. Yeah... :rotfl: Anyways, excited to read more!

It was fun to explore the train. I loved the hallways...

IMG_2081.jpg

Oh, this one makes me think of Murder on the Orient Express! I can just see you scooching past Hercule Poirot in that passageway :goodvibes

Loving your TR so far !! Looking forward to reading more. So fun to read about your autotrain experience. It does seem very Harry Potter-like.

Susan

I love, love and love reading your adventures !
Just talked about Auto Train today with daughter who lives in the
DC area. We have never used Auto Train but did hear of it.
She suggested we give it a try. We are going to WDW in November for F&W and and the Half Marathon. Split stay BCV and OKW. We have our flights so-
maybe next summer - thinking Vero Beach then WDW. The train to Orlando-
drive to Vero Beach - back to WDW and then Auto Train to DC.
Thanks for sharing with us !

IMG_5202.jpg

Soon we started to move down the tracks!

050.jpg

Subbing! I read a couple of your previous reports and decided to comment on this one.

The above pictures really give the illusion of motion!! I think in the first one, it is the seemingly converging railroad tracks with the ties at peripendicular to the rails...:thumbsup2

My parents have been on the Auto Train twice, but all of the times I've been to Florida, except one, I've gone by plane, and the remaining one was a family trip down in a station wagon pulling a trailer in the 1970's (we stayed at Fort Wilderness).

The train looks like so much fun! I have only taken a train once....Amtrak from Albany, NY to Penn Station in NYC. It was only a 2 hour trip and it was lovely. However, I had a stomach bug on the way down (and I was 6 months pregnant), so that wasn't fun. I enjoyed the ride back so much more. I loved being able to walk around, the bathrooms were large and I could bring as much food as I wanted! There was plenty of storage and legroom as well. We obviously didn't have sleeping cars, but they look nice.

I love the nostalgia and concept for the train (I think I Love Lucy going home when I think of the compartments on trains!) but it sounds like for a short trip and a smaller party it is a good option. Now if the food were stellar, that would definitely make it more appealing but having a donut waiting in the room makes it better! ;)

I think I mentioned it before but I love your polka dot dress - so adorable!

Ahhh the smell of the Poly, it is so wonderful. :) I can't wait to see what's going on with the room....

Oh my gosh, that is exactly how I feel about the Polynesian! It's just the most magical place within the most magical place :goodvibes I really wish they could capture that smell in an air freshener...

And I get to go back in just 6 weeks :dance3:

I imagine it would've been much easier for me to sleep on a train when I was younger and could sleep for 3 hours straight in the car! I guess as we get older, it's more difficult to be unaware of our surroundings.

Haha, I love how you had to tell your dad that you were talking to the internet. And the more that Athos is in your videos, the more I love him too! Haha, his comment about the ducks made me laugh out loud. I know you love all your brothers, but are you and Athos extra close?

What a great surprise to get club level!

I think I'll just enjoy the auto train vicariously. I can't sleep in cars or airplanes, and I'd hate to start a trip with no sleep.

But the Poly - :lovestruc. So relaxing and unique. Love love love!

The Polynesian is simply the best! :goodvibes Oh my goodness, that would be amazing if they could bottle that Disney Resort smell! If they were smart they would try to invent a perfume/air freshner to sell - it would fly off the shelves!

They kind of did! For a while they were selling body products - perfume, lotion and shower gel. They had one called Pixie Dust and I bought it! I swear it smells like the Poly!! I love it and use it sparingly. I believe they discontinued them all - I got them cheap on the Disney shopping site and they only had them at the Disney stores for a short time. I can't imagine why they didn't do well.
They had a couple others too. One was called Imagine, and I can't remember the other one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter