Disney Show Tonight! Whoo hoo!

LondonLady

Practically Perfect
Hi guys, tonight's the night I get to go see the Princess Disney on Ice show. No i'm not seven anymore, but hey - I've never forgotten the magic of a live show! You all know how the little girls dress up as their fav. Princess? Well - My mom and dad say I can dress up as Mary Poppins! Ought to be interesting to see how many people recognize me!

Ooh get to test my MP the musical parrot headed umbrella! :goodvibes

:love: :love: :love: :love:

That sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous!!!!!!

I totally want to know how it is when you get back.

Cinderella94 said:
That sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous!!!!!!

I totally want to know how it is when you get back.

Same here :goodvibes

Please fill us in when you get back, Have fun! :wizard:

Yes I agree with the others, please tell us how it was!!

Hope you have fun!! :goodvibes

Have fun! I went to the Incredibles Magic Kingdom Adventure on Ice back in September. It was fun.

Oooo, sounds like lots of fun! If you can, post a pic of what your costume looked like! :)

Daisymae26 said:
Oooo, sounds like lots of fun! If you can, post a pic of what your costume looked like! :)

Yes yes! Do show!!!

I am trying to get my parents to get tickets to that show too! Tell me if it's worth it!!!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't replyed earlier, but when I got back, I was REALLY TIRED!!! Anyway:

Ok, first Poppins memory - when I was walking into the theater building, a mother and her family behind me recognized me.
"Oh look hunny," the mom said to her daughter, "It's Mary Poppins!"
"Wow," said the girl, "She's pretty." That made me blush, and I turned around a little and smiled gratefully.

Just a note: You'll see that this is repetitive, the parents mostly knew who I was...

#2: As I was walking in the concession hallway (and of course, wouldn't you know it that we were sitting clear on the other side of the arena?) a worker and several others there recognized me. The lady said, (her voice was REALLY LOUD) "Oh my goodness!!! Hey guys! (She pointed at me) Look it's Mary Poppins!" And then she proceeded to sing part of "A Spoonful of Sugar".
Now I know, I shouldn't have really been embarrased, but I was finding it hard to smile without wincing at how far her voice seemed to carry!

#3: Waiting for the show to go on, I decided that I could go up and see if I could get a program - I thought they were four dollars. Nope. Those were 'coloring books'. THE PROGRAMS WERE 20 DOLLARS!!!! Somebody hold me up, I was fainting from shock!
Whew...
Ok back to #3... As I was (again, sorry) walking along, I met a family of (probably) Asian background. The mom said, "Oh look, it's Mary Poppins, dear," and the dad turned to see. Their little girl (she was very cute) was eyeing me with wonder, and the mom asked, "Do you want to say hello?"
She waved, and then hesitantly walked toward me. I gave a genuine smile and gestured. Happily she ran into my arms and I gave her a LIGHT hug.
When the girl went back to her parents, they grinned and murmured, "Thank you so much!" I replied, "You're welcome, enjoy the show."

NOTE I DO NOT WORK FOR DISNEY!!!

Ok - about the show up to intermission. Don't get me wrong, it's a lavish show, but the Aladdin segment only got about ten minutes, and the Little Mermaid, Mulan, (I think it was about seven, actually, it seemed really short!), and Beauty and the Beast parts got only a bit longer. The emphasis was mainly on Snow White. Sleeping Beauty got a little more time too.

Ok I am going to start on INTERMISSION and the SECOND HALF a little later, just to give your eyes a rest! Cheerio, LondonLady :cloud9:

^^
Aw, it's so cute how everyone was like "look it's mary poppins!" And I think you should definetly get a jobb at Disney being Mary Poppins because you handled it very well!! :teeth:

So far, it sounds like fun!

Ha ha it WAS fun. The first picture somebody snapped of me was when I was sitting in a section beside them in the audience! LOL I was trying to look very Poppins-ish, stern, but I was smiling a bit as I looked out over the other audience's side...i hope it's a good pic...d*** her flash was bright! (This was before the show started too...lol)

Ooo, it sounds like you had fun! I agree with Melissa, you would be the perfect Mary Poppins because you handled the situation so well. I am eagerly awaiting Part II! :goodvibes

I actually didn't say that much - no wait I said "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" once I think...lol

Okay - INTERMISSION -

I told my mom and dad that I was stiff and I needed a walk - which I actually did, but - I was excited - all those kids out there to see lol... so... :cloud9:

I must've waved about 1000 times! :wizard:

Poppins #4
As I was strolling along, occasionally holding up my parrot umbrella and tapping him on the beak, a couple of children came up with their mom.
My heart started to beat wildly when she asked the inveitable question -
"Can we get a picture, Mary Poppins?" :goodvibes And of course, I simply couldn't disappoint them, could I? I am being totally serious here. My knees were nearly shaking, but I brushed back my handbag, smiled nervously, and murmured, "Yes, of course." FLASH!!! :earseek: By the time that family had left, a little girl came up to me - by now I had a throng of people surrounding where I was - I almost panic'd! :guilty:

#5 The little girl asked - "Can I get your autograph?" Aaawww! :blush: I was so thrilled and NERVOUS! But then she handed me a tiny portable pen that was very difficult to hold - an encore to the Disney Characters - writing your signature in gloves is hard! :badpc: - Anyway, she said her name...and I was having trouble with the d*** little pen so I had to have her spell it again. I signed, "To ... from Mary Poppins." Then her brother came up, saying his name, and I had to squeeze his in as well. I made my writing as neat but curved and swirly as possible...I was so touched... :love: don't worry that's not all, I just have to go for a bit. YES EVEN MORE HAPPENED AT INTERMISSION! :teeth:

Sorry about the delay, slept in this morning! :rose:

Anyway -
This is kinda funny. After the first group of families and kids had gotten pics and autographs, a young man came up to me. I was thinking - "Um, do you want a picture with me?!?" :scared: But it turned out he didn't. He asked,
"Do you know who I can talk to to get a technical job here?" :eek:
I was like, "Umm - no, not really!" :rotfl2: Then I whispered, "I actually don't work for Disney." He looked very surprised, and said, "Well I thought -" and then he laughed. "You're doing a great job." We then proceeded to chat for a few minutes (he was nice, but it was his fourth year in college, I'm not that old yet) :chat: lol. So I reccomended that he ask one of the clerks at the merchandise stalls. :confused3 I had no idea! :confused:

I'll tell ya more later. :flower2: :flower3:

It's actually not quite even done yet! :eek: Ooh I just scared myself at how long this is already! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh! You are my like...HERO! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have been in your position! I am THROUGHLY enjoying reading this! Please continue! And pllllleaase do you have pics???

I actually do have one pic, but it's one I drew of what I thought I looked like, and I'm probably critical on myself...you wanna see it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter