Disney show gets animated

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Apr 9, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

TOURISM & TRAVEL

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneybag

Disneybag The suits won't allow it.

I see we are being very liberal throwing around the word "comedy." :sad2:

4. 2Xited4Disney

2Xited4Disney DIS Veteran

5. raidermatt

raidermatt Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression

deleted

6. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

not a fan?

7. JeffH

JeffH Mouseketeer

Saw Monsters Laugh Floor last Monday and enjoyed it and hope someday they can make it longer (after the crowds lessen and the standard joke catalogue grows).
    Was surprised to find Mexico ride open on Friday, having not read anything about its opening. It was very enjoyable. Basically the same show with a few updates, but with the 3 characters flying through and around the scenes (and a hanging Donald pinyata). Now instead of a boring documentary, it is a lighter happier trip through Mexico:wizard:

8. Disneybag

Not at all. There's really no replay factor there. It's the exact same jokes each and every time. If it were more like Crush in that it's mostly improv'd, it'd be much better. I understand you'll still get crap shows. You'll also get some great shows too. That's the nature of improv. What's the point in hearing the same jokes each and every time? Someone in another thread compared it to the Jungle Cruise. However, with the Jungle Cruise you at least have things to look at and different skippers. Plus, the jokes are SUPPOSED to be corny, or as a friend of mine puts it: "punny." A handful of jokes told by a screen just doesn't seem like it will bring people back. Some freinds of mine have young nephews coming in a week. I'm going to be very interested in how kids feel about it. I imagine, they'll probably find it funny the first time...but I'm curious if they're still laughing during another performance.

If anyone has some "kid reviews" on it, I'd be really interested.

9. rwodonnell

rwodonnell Mouseketeer

I assume you've seen it multiple times. I have only seen it once, so I can't verify that jokes are re-used. Many of the jokes used in our show would have been difficult to work in to another show. I thought it was VERY similar to Crush, only with a much larger theater. Sort of like a mix between Crush tech and Jungle Cruise style humor. If the jokes are indeed being re-used, I still think it has the potential to be a very replayable attraction, because they only need expand on their "jokebase".

On the nature of the jokes, to be kid-friendly, they are probably going to be corny to most of us. Humor spread across generations is a tough thing to do well. I actually thought they pulled it off better than I expected. I would have given the show we saw a B.

10. Disneybag

I have seen it twice. I assume you heard the jokes about the Eiffel Tower, asking the kid in the audience what grade they were in, the same insults toward Roz, etc. etc. ad nauseum. The only thing was was different in our shows were the one joke they picked from an audience member. That was actually cool. Not funny, but cool. :) I was next to the guy in the queue as he texted his joke. I was worried all of the jokes would be coming from Glendale.

I also don't mind the corny jokes. I was a Kindergarten and 1st grade teacher. I've got an arsenal. I would have assumed, with it being linked to Pixar, the jokes would do a better job of closing that gap. My big complaint is the repetitive nature of the show.

11. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I heard they were thinking of using Don Imus to spruce up this show