Disney should open a restaurant chain!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Baloo76, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Baloo76

Baloo76 DISboards lurker

Wow, I guess I'm in the extreme minority then. The reason I asked the original questions was because I was thinking of doing a trip to Orlando at some point to do Universal, Sea World and a day or two of just relaxing. However I can't see going down there without getting my disney fix and will plan to go to DTD while I'm there, as well as some disney restaurants that I love such as O'Hana or Whispering Canyon.

Then I thought...I wish I could get my disney fix more often rather than once every 2 yrs or so...what if I could go to Chef Mickey's a few times a year? Or some other character meal? For that short period of time I'll feel like I'm in disney. Sort of like walking through the disney store and thinking I'm walking through a store in the parks. Obviously it doesn't seem people would be in favor of that.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tink10

Tink10 <font color=blue>Always Lurking!<br><font color=da

I ate there a few times as a kid and while it was really cool...the food was not good. I think they learned their lesson back then.

4. M-I-C-K-E-Y

M-I-C-K-E-Y DIS Veteran

If they went the healthy food route today, it might stand a chance. However, 20 years ago it sunk like an anchor.

5. SpacePlace

SpacePlace Mouseketeer

Buffet, changing characters from week to week. That would be great! Really good idea!

6. sgtdisney

sgtdisney DIS Veteran

Yes, I remember it. It had somewhat of a "diner" theme. It was called Mickey's Kitchen and it was sort of test for Disney to try the restaurant business. The logo looked vaguely like the original Chef Mickey's logo. They had one somewhere in L.A. too. I remember going to the Disney store at Woodfield when the restaurant was open, and they connected the two spaces so you could walk into "Mickey's Kitchen" from the Disney Store. Never got a chance to eat there. I guess the concept flopped, big time, and Disney pulled out. Years later they have since moved the Disney Store itself from that location to a smaller location closer to Sears with the new "decor". I miss the old style Disney Stores. Guess I am digressing from the subject.

So it's been tried, albeit without character interaction, and it didn't work out for Disney.