Disney ships vs. Carnival Magic

I am thinking about doing the Carnival Magic since it ports out of Galveston in the Summer. I know my kids would love the water park, thanks for the review!

We were on the Carnival Magic from May 28-June 3 and REALLY loved it.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the hot tubs outside around the promenade deck. It was nice to not have to cram in with a million other people in one or two hot tubs on the pool decks.

I loved that they had WAY more activities during the day for adults.

The younger kids must have been kept busy somewhere, because I didn't see them running around at all....except in places they should be, like the pools....and no playing in the elevators, either.

I loved that they have different onboard shops, along with the cruise line shop. There have been times on Disney when we've needed something, like a pair of shorts, and Disney just really doesn't have anything unless it has Mickey or Minnie on it....which is great for a souvenir, but not if you really just want a regular pair of shorts.

Loved the deli with fresh, made to order hot or cold sandwiches. And the Indian food. And the Wok. And the pastry shop, and sushi.

It was clean, well-maintained, and everyone who worked onboard was very friendly.

No complaints at all, and the cost was less than the Disney Fantasy we'd had planned for this week, plus the airfare to Houston was less than to Florida.
Granted, no Castaway Cay, but Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel....especially now that Cozumel has the new piers and terminals...were awesome ports.

We were on the Carnival Magic from May 28-June 3 and REALLY loved it.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the hot tubs outside around the promenade deck. It was nice to not have to cram in with a million other people in one or two hot tubs on the pool decks.

I loved that they had WAY more activities during the day for adults.

The younger kids must have been kept busy somewhere, because I didn't see them running around at all....except in places they should be, like the pools....and no playing in the elevators, either.

I loved that they have different onboard shops, along with the cruise line shop. There have been times on Disney when we've needed something, like a pair of shorts, and Disney just really doesn't have anything unless it has Mickey or Minnie on it....which is great for a souvenir, but not if you really just want a regular pair of shorts.

Loved the deli with fresh, made to order hot or cold sandwiches. And the Indian food. And the Wok.
And the pastry shop, and sushi.

It was clean, well-maintained, and everyone who worked onboard was very friendly.

No complaints at all, and the cost was less than the Disney Fantasy we'd had planned for this week, plus the airfare to Houston was less than to Florida.
Granted, no Castaway Cay, but Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel....especially now that Cozumel has the new piers and terminals...were awesome ports.

:cool1::cool1:love the deli and the Mongolian wok:cool1:

Any of you who have sailed on the Carnical Magic have pictures you wouldn't mind sharing? Maybe a Flickr or Photobucket link so you don't have to post a bunch of Carnival pics here.

Any of you who have sailed on the Carnical Magic have pictures you wouldn't mind sharing? Maybe a Flickr or Photobucket link so you don't have to post a bunch of Carnival pics here.
Don't you think a PM or the Carnival website would be more appropriate to post photos since this blog is for DCL?

Don't you think a PM or the Carnival website would be more appropriate to post photos since this blog is for DCL?

Not at all.....there are no rules against it. There are a few of us on here who have cruised DCL a lot (12 for me) and have also cruised on other lines, so we know that we can trust eachother's judgement.

Thanks for the link!

Did you not read what I said? I asked for a link to elsewhere so they didn't have to post their picture here.

Thanks for the link!

Did you not read what I said? I asked for a link to elsewhere so they didn't have to post their picture here.

And the thread title IS Disney VS Carnival Magic, so it's quite appropriate.

This is EXACTLY what I came to the forum looking for tonight--info to help me, a Houstonian, decide whether or not the Carnival Magic would satisfy me after my great DCL experiences. If this is not what you are looking for, skip this thread.

To the OP--thanks so much for the pics. Really just what I was looking for.

Of course post CCL pics here! Dis is way more than DISNEY. The thread said Carnival Magic which is why i am here too. I am sailing Disney Fantasy this summer and Carnival Breeze next. Thanks to those who posted pics!

There are a few of us on here who have cruised DCL a lot (12 for me) and have also cruised on other lines, so we know that we can trust eachother's judgement.

Exactly! I'm the OP and I posted this last year. I am still debating on whether I should do a seven day cruise. I really wish DCL would sail out of galveston in the summer. My next two cruises will be with DCL but hanks to the recent posters the Carnival Magic may get another visit from me.

Of course post CCL pics here! Dis is way more than DISNEY. The thread said Carnival Magic which is why i am here too. I am sailing Disney Fantasy this summer and Carnival Breeze next. Thanks to those who posted pics!

After being on the (Carnival) Magic, I can't wait for the opportunity to go on the Breeze!! I've been following John Heald's blog and Facebook posts, and drooling!!! The Magic was awesome in itself, but the Breeze looks even better.

Another thing I loved on the Magic....the area outside the Red Frog Pub, and along the outside walking deck. Covered gliders with tables (picture a small picnic table with a canopy) shuffleboard, bean bag toss (and of course the awesome hot tubs) AND....seating areas with small sofas, comfy arm chairs, side tables, and wind blocks, so you could go out after dinner, sit and visit and not have your dress blow up over your head!

After being on the (Carnival) Magic, I can't wait for the opportunity to go on the Breeze!! I've been following John Heald's blog and Facebook posts, and drooling!!! The Magic was awesome in itself, but the Breeze looks even better.

Where's the Breeze going to be sailing out of?

We just got off the Disney Magic and are thinking about the carnival magic this summer. Anyone have anymore info to report?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts