Disney sequels

TrustInPixieDust

Earning My Ears
I feel like the Disney sequels are underrated. I particularly loved direct-to-video ones like The Lion King 2, Lady and the Tramp 2, and Little Mermaid 2. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I thought they were great.

So I'm curious: anyone else have any favorite Disney sequels or do you feel like they're a waste of time?

Waste of time!?!? Never!! I'm a huge fan of Rescuers Down Under... Which was IMO the best Disney Sequel until Toy Story 3 came around. I also love the Tinkerbell series. Those are the best DisneyToon movies outside of a Goofy Movie.
Can't wait for Finding Dory and Incredible 2

I agree -- the sequels are definitely underrated. And with a few more on the way, we're all in for some more great entertainment!

Waste of time!?!? Never!! I'm a huge fan of Rescuers Down Under... Which was IMO the best Disney Sequel until Toy Story 3 came around. I also love the Tinkerbell series. Those are the best DisneyToon movies outside of a Goofy Movie.
Can't wait for Finding Dory and Incredible 2

There's a big difference in the Rescuers Down Under, mabe by Disney Animation Studios for a theatrical release, and the straight to video sequels doen by DiensyToon studios. Most of the DisneyToon films are a bit lower quality, but they can still be fun. I've been making a point to see some of the ones I have never watched before. I rather liked Mulan II. I hae a DVD of Atlantis: Milo's Return because I LOVE the original, but that is extremely lackluster. In fact, it is very bad.

I think Lasseter's refocus on DisneyToon on original video animation projects (like the Tinkerbell movies) is a better use of their talents. I'll always love DisneyToon though because they gave us A Goofy Movie, and I will always be grateful for that.

There is a big difference between the theatre sequels and made for video sequels (in quality). I think a lot of them got a bad rap because they were just pumping out all those "direct to video" sequels in the mid-90s. They were just overproduced and seen (which they were) as "cash grabs" without ever really being critically reviewed. They also were just for Disney fans. You ask anyone if they ever saw "Mulan II" and I bet people would say "there was a sequel?"

Some are on Netflix, so definitely worth a viewing if you have a subscription. There are tons I just haven't found the time to see as I am "afraid" they will be a waste of time.

Come September when Disney will be all over Netflix, I would expect to see them ALL.

Honestly .. I was worried about Finding Dory after the mediocre Cars 2 (which SHOULD have been a direct to video sequel). It just didn't have quite the same story quality of other Pixar movies. It was just a spy movie set in Cars world with Mater as the star ... in other words .. a plot most straight to video movies have :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter