Disney seeks exemption to their no-fly zone to launch a swarm of drones

I dont think 50-100 will be enough for a disney level of "wow".

Check out what intel did recently with 100, to me, that just didnt look that impressive.

Apples and oranges. That is simply a light on a drone. That's not what Disney is planning.

"In 2014, Disney filed a number of patents for the use of drones in show settings. Those patents included using drones to control massive puppets, hold massive shape-shifting projection screens and to hold digital pixel screens."​

Source: http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...with-faa-to-fly-drones-over-walt-disney-world

Not likely. Epcot is the one diagramed in the filings.

Yup. Also from that article: "The flixel drones would be part of a new nighttime show at Epcot."

Just before they filed Intel did a demonstration and in the Guinness book of world records for a drone light show. You can see the video of the event here:

i'm thinking they are looking to use this elsewhere also, only MK has the no fly zone so they don't need this exception for say animal kingdom or others.

A while back, they filed for a patent where they would fly characters in the sky, held up by tiny drones. I have the .pdf somewhere. Only 142 gigs to look through..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter