Disney rides Everest to new popularity

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Apr 5, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Disney rides Everest to new popularity

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneybag

Disneybag The suits won't allow it.

"It's along the same lines that a lot of the regional parks are following, as they're adding products that draw families back in with shows," said Dennis Spiegel, president of Cincinnati-based International Theme Park Services. "They're coming back to that and getting away from putting in the big roller coasters."

:confused3 At Disney?! What big roller coasters? When did they ever do that? Disney really falls short in that category. I think that's something that Disney NEEDS. EE is good, but Disney needs something with inversions; Aerosmith isn't enough. Maybe I'm way off on this, but I really don't feel that shows will bring in repeat guests or have the WOW factor that a big coaster would.

4. 2Xited4Disney

2Xited4Disney DIS Veteran

I would agree with you Disneybag, but California Screamin in DCA is a HUGE rollercoaster with deffinate thrills and an inversion. Unfortunately it doesn't bring ANY repeat guests.

Leave the "Real" rollercoasters to the other guys, I'm happy with a "run away train" in a "mountain" any day

5. Disneybag

Disneybag The suits won't allow it.

Yea. Unfortunately, Screamin' was shut down when I was there last fall.
    DLP has Indy and Space Mountain as well which are good coasters. WDW is short on thrill rides. You want to get more teens excited about Disney, that seems to be the way to go.
    Hell, I get excited about Country Bear Jamboree; I'm a fan of the shows. I'm not saying Disney doesn't have "real" coasters. I LOVE Big Thunder and the dangling possum. I've even squeezed my butt into the Barnstormer on occasion when friends with kids come to town. The only reason I've gotten US/IOA annual passes are for the BIG coasters. If Disney added some thrill rides, I wouldn't have any reason to get a US/IOA pass.

6. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

If thrill rides were the big hit, IoA would not be suffering.
    Disney does get more of the family oriented guests.
    USO/IoA get more of the partiers and thrill seekers. You can tell in their TV ads alone that is what they gear towards.
    USO/IoA -- drinks are everywhere. If you don't see a dozen jello shot gals in one night, you have a vision problem! :rotfl2:
    Let's see -- balloon vendors vs jello shots... :confused3 Yep -- different crowd! :lmao:
    USO does really well with their special venues -- such as Mardi Gras and of course HHN.
    They need some everyone enjoys family involvement too.
    USO could easily have their own food and beer fest and it could go over REAL well.

7. GhettoMafia101

GhettoMafia101 Earning My Ears

i luv dis ride! like omg its awesome. i say it should go on 4eva:rotfl2: :cool1: :banana:

8. GhettoMafia101

GhettoMafia101 Earning My Ears

this so rocks they should get 1 here in portugal!!!

9. thefirebuilds

thefirebuilds Mouseketeer

friggin six flags is 30 mins south of my house. I dont take days off work and fly for several hours and stay in a hotel to ride awful roller coasters. Disney is a trend setter, not a trend follower, i dont think anyone goes there for the sudden "climax" of a 2 min roller coaster ride.