Disney Rewards Visa question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by GatorMomInNC, Nov 3, 2012.

1. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

I finally got around to ordering a DRV a couple weeks ago. I had wanted one for a while and was booking a cruise so went ahead and did it. I actually got it in the mail last week and transferred my cruise to that card. I got the one that is $49 per year, and I should be getting a $100 credit. BUT, today I received an offer in the mail for a DRV for the same card with a $200 credit and the first year free - an additional $150 savings over what I just got!! So I called the Visa people and asked them if they would retroactively give me the deal and they said they would check and get back to me.

Has anyone else ever done this and they have honored it? I will feel like a sucker if they won't do it!

2. wannagoback

wannagoback <font color=blue>Broke them in before the trip<br>

I haven't done what you're asking, but we got two fantastic offers for the Disney Visa in a short time and I opened the second account under my husband's name. We each got $200 (one was a $200 gift card and the other was 200 reward dollars/points). Do you have a spouse that you could put the 2nd card under, to take advantage of both offers?

Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say "transfered my cruise to that card." Does that mean that you had previously paid for it with another card and did a balance transfer? Or... I don't understand how a cruise "belongs" to a credit card.

And my last question is just to see if you clarified the "first year free" offer, because I upgraded to a premium 4-5 months ago and have yet to see the $49 fee. If it's an annual fee that they normally charge at the end of the first year, then I hope they're not trying to advertise that as "first year free." (And so both offers are equal in that regard).

3. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

I'm a little confused about this too, but the woman at Visa told me I would be billed "in November" and I asked her if that meant this month and she said yes. I haven't received my first statement yet, so I'll just see if it is on there when it comes

4. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

I got a $200 GC offer a month after I got my card. I called them and they applied it right away.