Disney Resort Luggage Transfer, Do I Need the Labels?

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
We are from the U.K, and are going on a 7 night western Caribbean cruise as part of our honeymoon. We will be staying at WDW hotel before we leave (probably the Yacht Club - if not one of the other boardwalk area hotels).

I have read that your tickets for a Disney Cruise don't get sent until 10 days before you cruise, we will have left the U.K a week before the cruise (we are getting married in WDW before the cruise). Do I need the cruise tickets, and labels for our luggage? We are using the DCL bus transfer as it is cheaper given there is only two of us?

If I do need the tickets do DCL send them out earlier for international travellers, or could I have them sent to my WDW resort hotel instead? I am planning to fill in the forms online before we travel?

There is a DCL desk at your resort. You can check in with them before the day of your departure and they can give you tags to fill out (similar to what you'd get at port). Your luggage will be picked up from your resort room the morning of your cruise and delivered to your stateroom later in the afternoon. No worrys.

There is a DCL desk at your resort. You can check in with them before the day of your departure and they can give you tags to fill out (similar to what you'd get at port). Your luggage will be picked up from your resort room the morning of your cruise and delivered to your stateroom later in the afternoon. No worrys.

Brilliant thanks! I thought (hoped) there would be an easy way around it all!

We had no success with asking to have our luggage tags sent early when the cruise was the end of a longer trip. However, Disney operates on a "no worries" theory. If you arrive at MCO staying at a WDW resort and do not have the resort tags on your luggage, you go to the welcome center (terminal B lower level). The CM there will scan your baggage claim checks into their computer and your bags will magically appear in your resort room 3-4 hours later. If you need the bags sooner than that, you'll have to claim them and they will go on the bus with you.

At the resort, there will be a DCL desk where the CM will happily issue you cruise luggage tags. You place the tags on your bags and they will be taken from your hotel room about 8 am on the last day; again, they will magically appear in your stateroom on the ship the first afternoon. Anything you need before 5 pm, you'll need to take as a carry on.

I forgot all of my DCL documents. I just brought my luggage myself to the bus....they gave me a tag....and it was magically in my stateroom later. Don't worry DCL will take care of everything.....even when we dont:goodvibes
Kerri

Please keep in mind that you can only check in for your cruise at the desk at your WDW resort if you are doing a land/sea package. They will assist you will luggage tags and forms though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter