Disney recipe questions

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by 2excited4words, Jan 2, 2008.

1. 2excited4words

2excited4words Mouseketeer

I have a few questions about some of the delicious food I had while at Disney. First, I LOVE potatoes so the different gratins at the different breakfasts just put me in heaven:cloud9: I have some of the recipes but I haven't had a chance to try them. My first question, has anyone made the breakfast casserole from Akershus? I was wondering how you made the bechamel sauce, I mean how much milk, flour etc. and how thick or thin it should be. Also, if I can't find jarlsberg cheese, what would be the next closest thing?

Next, does anyone have the recipe for the maple sauce for the fillet from LeCellier. It was yummy!! I loved the pretzel bread, too, but even if I had the recipe, I doubt I could make it!!

TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 DIS Veteran

No sorry haven't tried it. Also not sure about the cheese but isn't Jalsberg alot like a swiss cheese?

Not sure if this is the same but the Maple glaze for the salmon is:

Maple Glaze:
    Ingredients
    7 fl oz. maple syrup, pure
    1 tbs. honey, orange blossom
    2 tbs. brown sugar, light
    pinch kosher salt
    pinch black pepper, fresh ground
    Method
    Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat just long enough to incorporate all ingredients and for sugar to liquefy. Remove from heat and reserve warm for salmon.

As for the pretzel bread Ill check later if I can find it

5. BigMama

BigMama DIS Veteran

Just Jumping In Here, I Cook This All The Time And Have Found The Best Way Is To Mix Ingredients Pour Over Salmon And Bake At 350 Or So, Basting It As It Cooks This Gets The Syrup To Really Glaze Well.cover It For A While Then Take It Off To Get A Nice Coating On Top( Just Watch It Doesnt Dry) I Cook This Once A Week,enjoy!

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 DIS Veteran

OK just been told that a good substitute is Leaddamer or Emental which are both dutch hard cheeses with a similar consistancy and taste (although Emental is a nuttier taste). I have tried either but the cooks around me assure me both will work