Disney Rain Ponchos

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
Just wondering, do they have different size ponchos for children and adults? Also, is there a price difference for a child size poncho vs an adult size poncho?

There are child and adult sizes and they are EXPENSIVE!!! We had to buy some on our last trip and I think it was close to $80.00 for the five of us. If you can back some dollar store poncho's before you I reccommend that!

Adults are about $8.50 and Childs are about $7.50. The will fold up into quart size ziploc bags after wearing.

They are much sturdier than the dollar store ones - we've done both. We have some that are as old as 13 years old so they do last.

Disney Store does have them on a good sale right now $5 each buying two or more, so I would get from them if you have time.

http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-disney-parks-poncho-for-adults/mp/1343755/1003403/

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...talogFromSearch=10002&storeId=10051&N=1003403

Last edited:
There are child and adult sizes and they are EXPENSIVE!!! We had to buy some on our last trip and I think it was close to $80.00 for the five of us. If you can back some dollar store poncho's before you I reccommend that!

Ours were nowhere near that expensive. $8.50 for an adult size, and I think $7.50 for a child size. And they are so much better than dollar store ponchos, too. We've used our Disney ponchos for several trips, but those dollar store ponchos get tossed after one use.

I don't recall the price in the parks, but they are cheaper on disneystore.com. Buy 2+ and they are only $5 each.

Thanks!! I didn't know they sell them online! I'd rather spend $5 each and I have a gift card for there anyway! Last time we went my parents had the disney ones and we had the dollar store ones and wow what a difference! The disney ones are thicker and longer. My husband is really tall and the dollar store poncho only went to his waist! It was super funny!

Ours were nowhere near that expensive. $8.50 for an adult size, and I think $7.50 for a child size. And they are so much better than dollar store ponchos, too. We've used our Disney ponchos for several trips, but those dollar store ponchos get tossed after one use.

Oh I'm sorry I meant to hit the 5 not the 8 lol! It was $50.00 not $80.00 sorry about that! Still very expensive for plastic. They were more durable than the dollar store one's we brought, but forgot to bring to the park, but it was a $50.00 expense that was painful lol!

How big is the kids size? I have 9 & 11 yr old girls.
My 10 year-old asked me for an adult size because her legs were getting wet with the kid's size. She is in the 95% for height, so pretty tall - I think she is 5 ft now.

My daughter is wearing a child-sized one here in 2013 at age 10. She's sitting so I'm not sure how much help this will be. This was before her growth spurt.

At 11, the child sized one was too short for her. What she really likes is a rain jacket at Wal-Mart. They come in various sizes. They are made of the same material as ponchos. I wear a poncho to protect our bag and she prefers the jacket because it covers her arms. Somehow I left it behind in both 2013 and 2014. The picture below is from 2012. She was 9.

Disney2012275.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter