Disney Purchased more land?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Postal68, Sep 5, 2013.

1. delmarjohn

delmarjohn Earning My Ears

Disneyland will be expanding to a 3rd park...toy story lot is the location....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PuppyJonathan

PuppyJonathan Mouseketeer

Is it confirmed?

4. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Yes! It I has been confirmed that there is - in fact - one born every minute

5. mjstaceyuofm

mjstaceyuofm Mouseketeer

Play nice now kiddies.... :)

6. ParrotBill

ParrotBill Yo ho, yo ho, a parrot's life for me

Getting back on topic :-)

The park is bounded by West Savannah Drive, although it could be pushed back.. but there is the big backstage entrance facility right to the west of Camp MM.

I think it's posisble they want the parking space located south of Camp MM and may want to push that back to the west side of Savannah Drive... also they will need a big construction staging area yet to be defined. Between those two maybe they do need some extra space and acquired it from the East Orange Lake properties.

7. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I believe that "parking area", along with the Lion King building and Camp Minnie Mickey, is EXACTLY where it is going.

But those areas are nowhere near the Orange Lake property line, except to the northwest, and that's too far from the staging area I think. The problem is that W. Savannah Drive is bounded to the west by water and a larger cast member area where they would likely need to get to the CMM/Avatar area. Beyond that is a TON of room to the west between there and AKL.

There is plenty of space in general. I see no reason for any acquisition of property from Orange Lake for any of this. They may have plans for something else. Or maybe the rumor got turned around, and Orange Lake acquired from Disney? Disney has been de-annexing land for other purposes (Four Seasons, the dirt piles known as Flamingo Crossings - which is immediately north of Orange Lake...

8. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

That's where they are putting the cast member parking. They got a great deal on the land.

9. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

But the bus ride is going to be awful... :)