Disney Profits UP Big Time, Theme Parks

Beermam42

Grit and bear it
Thank all of you quest of the Disney Theme Parks, do not know if this includes DCL. I contributed at WDW.

"Though operating income was up 9 percent, the theme parks' revenue jumped to $3.68 billion, a 7 percent increase; net income went up 9 percent to $689 billion. This is mainly attributed to increases in attendance, which affect occupied room nights and guest spending. This, coupled with the growth in the Media Networks Division, accounted for 75 percent of the revenue and profits for the company. These numbers show just how much of a hit was taken by the film studio."
DIS BOARD REPORT

So will be better moving foward since they raised prices again.

9 months 22 day 14 hours 41 mins until next contribution. Not really have to pay rest in May.

Fantasy May 31, 2014

hmmmmm...masked stranger wrangle profits into mud. Heap big problem....

Prior to this year, the last time I had visited WDW was 2008. We did a 5 day hop and it was PLENTY. We agreed to let them add some new stuff and come back.

And add they did! They will continue to earn my business because they continue to increase their product. Ariel was long long overdue, Belle's Storytime was a new delight, etc. Star Tours-wow!

I'll be back for a few days next year prior to 4 Day Magic. 2 years at WDW & DCL, who knows if we will be back in 2015 (seems doubtful) but I wanted at least to get a fix next year too!

Long as they continue to update and upgrade, they will earn my interest. Now that they own Star Wars & Marvel, their universe is growing even more!

As far as movies go, I wish they would back off of the extreme creepy. I LOVE Tiana and Frog was SOOO funny with the cajun animals, but was unable to sit through the movie at the theater and had to leave. The voodoo was a bit too much for my delicate conscience (I guess.) Now I hear that a Day of the Dead movie is planned...yikes I don't think that will be one I can support, which is a shame.

I hope more mermaids are on the horizon...(POTC 5 & 6 anyone?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter