"Disney Premier Pass" Sales Start Today

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
FEATURED, JASON GARCIA, NEWS — BY JASON GARCIA ON MARCH 10, 2010 AT 12:32 PM

Disney announced today (3/10) that it will begin selling new annual passes good for admission to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

The “Disney Premier Passport” will cost $700 plus tax and include admission to all four theme parks and both water parks in Orlando and both theme parks in Anaheim, Calif. Sales begin tomorrow.

Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger unveiled the pass this morning in remarks to attendees at Disney’s annual shareholder meeting in San Antonio.

Disney says guests already holding premium any style of annual or seasonal passes to both Disney World and Disneyland (excluding Epcot after 4 passes and the promotional four-day “dream” passes) will automatically be issued the new Premier Passport. Guests with annual or seasonal passes to one of the resorts can upgrade “for an additional fee.”

From MouseMisers newsletter:

This morning (3/10), Disney confirmed the existence of the long rumored annual pass good for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Dubbed the Disney Premier Pass, it will go on sale starting tomorrow, Thursday, March 11, at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World ticket windows. The cost will be $700, plus applicable sales tax. This pass could be a great deal for some people, but probably not most. It includes:

Walt Disney World

Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day (hopping).

Unlimited admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks

Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN
Wide World of Sports Complex(valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)

Parking at all four Theme Parks

Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication

Disneyland

Unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Parks for a period of one year, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day (hopping).

Parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot

Subscription to Backstage Pass.

Complimentary subscription to Disney’s Family Fun Magazine (one per household).

So, you receive basically a premium WDW annual pass (normal price $619 plus tax) and a Premium Disneyland annual pass (normal price $439 including tax) all rolled into one pass.

So, is it a good deal? If you normally hold a Premium WDW pass, then yes, probably. For $700, you get your Premium pass plus access to Disneyland for a year for only a small additional cost. Also, if you visit both parks often in one year, then again, probably a good deal. For most people, even if they make one visit to each park in a year, they will probably be better off purchasing normal Disney tickets, it will be cheaper for them. Once you start making multiple visitis to the parks, then take a look at the Premier Passport.

If you already hold a Premium AP for both resorts, Disney will automatically issue you a new Premier Pass. You can also upgrade any existing annual pass to a Premier Pass just by paying the difference in cost. More information on upgrading and pricing will be available tomorrow, once the passes go on sale.

There will not be any discounts on the Premier Passport for DVC members, military or children, everyone will pay the same price.

I've been asking them for YEARS for such a product. I mean after all an AP at 6 Flags is good anywhere in the country. I have had a WDW AP for 10 years now and it irked me to have to pay admission if I went to DL. But I think they have priced themselves out of the ball park. I mean, if I go to the West Coast once per year, that an additional $70, not $300.

The Disney Premier Passport is now available for sale at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

It is valid for all WDW Parks; the four theme parks, the two water parks, Disney Quest, Wide World of Sports, and Oak Trail Golf. It is valid for both Anaheim Theme Parks.

The pass is specifically stated as not valid in Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

It includes free parking and has no blockout dates. All Passholder benefits that a person would be entitled to with either a WDW PAP or DLR PAP are included.

The cost for each person age three and older is $700.00. There is no reduced price for children. There is no discounted price for DVC Members. There is no discounted price on renewals.

There is $22.75 in sales tax added; this is based on the 50% being considered subject to the Florida Sales tax and the other 50% not taxed as California does not charge sales tax on admissions.

The Premier Passport is not available for the Disneyland Annual Passport Monthly Payment Plan.

The only locations where these passes may be purchased are: WDW Theme Park Guest Relations Offices, WDW DTD West Side Guest Relations Office, DLR Theme Park Ticket Windows, and DLR Annual Passport Processing Centers.

If a person is upgrading from a MYW ticket or Annual Pass they will get full current gate price value of the ticket upgrading from, and the expiration date of the Premier will be based on the date of first use of the MYW ticket or current expiration date of the AP. Special calculations for partially used DLR tickets.

There are approximately 700 people who are holders of both WDW and DLR APs; these people are automatically getting Premier Passes issued to them.

For $700 do I get an actual plastic card, or is it the same stuff they use for APs? :earsboy:

Hmm, I dunno, I just don't see them selling a lot of these things, but that's just my oponion. :sad2:
Are there really that many people that would go to both coasts? I suppose if you lived in the center of the country maybe.................:confused3

It makes a lot of sense for us this year. But for a normal year, no. We are planning to go to DLR for our regular trip in Oct and then to WDW in Dec for 10+ days. We did the math on this one and it works for us. We would not renew next year as a Premier but the normal DLR AP.

Hmm, I dunno, I just don't see them selling a lot of these things, but that's just my oponion. :sad2:
Are there really that many people that would go to both coasts? I suppose if you lived in the center of the country maybe.................:confused3

I'm with you and hope that whatever unit at Disney spearheaded this has tried to lower manangement expectations. The universe of people who are going to visit both properties frequently enough in a given year to justify a $723 investment has got to be relatively small, limited to a niche of very hard core fans. There will be a small initial bump from some "early adopter" types who want bragging rights (on places like this site), but beyond that I expect very small sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter