Disney pins on the plane....

SenecaWolf

I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
I searched this and the most recent posts I had found were from late 2010 so I was wondering, has anyone taken their pins and lanyards onto the plane with them, either wearing or in carry-ons recently?

My kids got a couple pin sets and lanyards from their grandmother and they want to be able to take them with us when we go directly to the Magic Kingdom.

TIA :thumbsup2

I searched this and the most recent posts I had found were from late 2010 so I was wondering, has anyone taken their pins and lanyards onto the plane with them, either wearing or in carry-ons recently?

My kids got a couple pin sets and lanyards from their grandmother and they want to be able to take them with us when we go directly to the Magic Kingdom.

TIA :thumbsup2

No problems whatsoever with pins on the plane.

I always take my pins on as carry on. I usually either have them in plastic baggies or in a pin bag (I'm not a lanyard wearer, but it probably wouldn't be a big difference). You'll have to take them off to go through the metal detector, but other than that, I don't think you'll have any problems. I've done this several times and sometimes security has asked to look inside the bag, but that's it.

My DD13 had a large ziploc bag of pins in her carry-on in January. The TSA did re-scan her bag and then opened it to see what it was, but she was then allowed to pass.

So, don't freak if they ask to look, just show them what it is and they should be good.

Always keep your pins in your carry on luggage, never put them in your checked luggage. They seem to end up missing from checked bags fairly frequently.:sad2:

I also second the put them in a plastic baggie thing. Not only can TSA easily examine them, but if one falls off you don't loose it among all of your stuff.

Always keep your pins in your carry on luggage, never put them in your checked luggage. They seem to end up missing from checked bags fairly

Seriously? What are you basing this on? Just curious, as people pack a lot more valuable stuff in checked baggage than a bunch of pins.

Seriously? What are you basing this on? Just curious, as people pack a lot more valuable stuff in checked baggage than a bunch of pins.
Either they shouldn't have, or the stuff was not that valuable in the eyes of the beholder.

It is better to leave the most valuable pins at home (perhaps in a display case).

And the counterfeit pin(s) you (generic "you" not referring to any particular person or poster) got gypped buying on eBay are perfect to wear on the plane and wear down there since the heartbreak of losing them will be minimal.

A couple of $1000 mens' suits originally cost far more to buy than a dozen Disney pins, but to someone pilfering suitcase contents, the suits are not worth stealing, but the pins are.

Disney pins can easily be slipped into a pocket. They can't be traced. And there's a secondary market for them.

Well thankfully they got starter sets so no counterfeits and able to take on the plane so no worries about luggage pilfering. All is good in the world :cutie:

Hmm, thinking that if I did put their pins in checked bags then I would wrap them in my pooh-sized undies...that would keep ppl away from em! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter