Disney Photo Session PART II

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by mickeymyfavorite, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Happiest mommy

Happiest mommy DIS Veteran

Bumping this thread, would love to see recent photos thanks :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

Hoping to see some new posts soon....:bitelip:

4. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

Here are just a few of my favorites from our June Photo Shoot with Regina Hyman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are many many more but it took me forever just to upload these to photobucket.

5. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

6. glvsav37

glvsav37 Mouseketeer

We just came back from a special trip when my wife celebrated a milestone birthday (4-oh no!!) In part of her birthday presents was a family portrait session.

I was going to use the Disney photo studio, but hear some of the stories and decided not to use them. So after a very long search for the right photographer, I was delighted to hire Kimberly from Portrayable Photography

From our first conversation, she was excited and open to discussing all the details of our family and shoot. Her fee was on the higher level of the group of photographers I was considering, but I loved her work and personality.

We booked and she met us at the Boardwalk resort. We were a little late from dinner (not much, 10-15 mins), but I kept in touch with her via text and she was flexible in our meeting time. From the beginning she attached herself to our kids and they loved 'performing' for her.

That said, my 4 year old was in a particular level of beast-mode that night (it was the end of our trip, he did not nap and he likes to 'show-off'). We could have gotten a lot more photos if he was being cooperative, but Kimberly did the absolute best of what she could with him. We had to miss a few shots I really wanted, but that was 100% on our side, not her's by any measure.

We received our gallery today and I am soooo happy with what she captured. We will have plenty of shots to decorate our walls from this shoot. I highly recommend her to anyone and was well worth the cost. Her package includes a DVD or thumb drive with every photo, edited/color corrected photos, and with full release.

We even made her blog and some of our favorite shots IMO didn't make it on there. We have so much to choose from: Boardwalk Birthday

7. BurleyGirl

BurleyGirl DIS Veteran

Turtle31, those are so good...lovely family! Love the purples and pinks together...she captured a whole lot of happy in those pictures, and I know they will make you guys happy every time you look at them! What a great way to document your wife's birthday!!

glvsav37, yours are really good, too! Beautiful family and sweet moments captured!

Thank you both for sharing...makes me want to do a photo shoot again, but I don't think I'd convince my guys again!!

8. allboyhouse

allboyhouse Registered

Glad to read this. My hubby and I have a shoot booked with her in December at wilderness lodge. Can't wait!

9. UGAFan0829

UGAFan0829 DIS Veteran

My DH and I booked the Enhanced session with Disney last night. We'll be at the BoardWalk, so I'll make sure to post pics of our session once we're back. I'm hoping they turn out great. At least we were able to get a discount for DVC, so that helped a little. Now I'm torturing myself over what to wear!

I love seeing everyone else's shots--they are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!

10. my2disneyboys

my2disneyboys DIS Veteran

We had a photo session at the beach club while there for our 10th anniversary trip.... now heading back a couple years later for my 40th and am thinking of getting another mini photo session again. I really LOVED my pictures:-) Is the cost still 150 and does it still come with the pics on a flashdrive? If someone can remind me how to post pictures here i will post some if anyone is interested.

11. UGAFan0829

UGAFan0829 DIS Veteran

According to Disney's website, it looks like the Mini session is still $150 and includes the flash drive!

I'd love to see some of your pics...I think you have to upload them to a photo hosting website (I use Photobucket), then you can link them here. Sorry I don't have more specific instructions.

12. my2disneyboys

my2disneyboys DIS Veteran

So I cant figure how to face them in the right direction... but here are some from our session. I really liked them and I was sweaty and hot and the pictures show that, but it wasn't her fault lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. UGAFan0829

UGAFan0829 DIS Veteran

For those of you who've done the Enhanced Session, how long did it take to get yours back? They told us 4-6 weeks and tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks. I'm trying SO hard to be patient, but I want to see them SO bad!!

14. UGAFan0829

UGAFan0829 DIS Veteran

We finally received our disc today, so I wanted to share my favorites...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]