Disney Photo Pass+

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BobbyRach, Jun 16, 2012.

1. BobbyRach

BobbyRach Mouseketeer

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used the new Disney Photo Pass+ yet? Also are you able to order it in advance being from Australia...

thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aussietravellers

aussietravellers who LOVE disney holidays!

I haven't used the + yet, but I have done the prepurchase before.

When you prepurchase, it just gives you a credit against your account, so when you go back later and get your photos and order the CD, it takes the CD price off your order (you still need to pay the postage for the CD) :thumbsup2

4. Travel Mum

Travel Mum DIS Veteran

I've not used the + version either but I did easily prepurchase the photo pass from here in NZ and it was very easy. It was worth every cent :)

5. BobbyRach

BobbyRach Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the replies. I think we will definitely go with the plus version as it includes ride photos which will be cool.

I wasn't sure how to go about printing photos from here once we got back home or if i should do it while still in America?

6. aussietravellers

aussietravellers who LOVE disney holidays!

You get the photos on a cd. You can change the photos that they take, add borders, signatures and fun little add ons on the photopass website before you put them onto the CD. So you save the original photo as it is, then you have another one with borders. Sometimes I have done multiple borders around a photos so have the original and two or three others with different borders.

Once you get the CD in the post (which arrives quite quickly once you have got the photos from your photopass into your account and made changes and ordered the CD) you can take the CD into any photo processing place, Harvey Norman, Big W, KMart etc and print them from the CD, or you can put the CD in your computer and print them at home. Works really well. :thumbsup2

I have also ordered from photopass, mugs, a photobook, christmas ornaments, mouse pads... all with photopass photos on them.

7. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

have to preorder mine..love the shots they do, especially at night....memories..pricelesspirate:princess:

8. ExcitedSam

ExcitedSam Mouseketeer

Assuming everyone's seen this thread?
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2942216

One question, if you have 30 days to purchase your pics, when does the 30 days start? We are going to Disney first, so if it starts on the first day there and we are there by the time we get home I'll only have about 6 days to get it sorted.

So if you get the CD do they just automatically send you the CD with ALL the pictures, or do you choose which ones you want? Where do you add the borders and such? At the photo place there or online later?

9. diannesa

diannesa Earning My Ears

I've ordered the photopass CD (not the plus) after being there 4 times previously and they start sending you emails saying when the photos will expire prior to them expiring so don't panic. You can always pay a little bit extra for more time too but I've never had to do that. Hope this helps.

btw - I'll be ordering the plus now I've discovered I won't have to pay for ride photos with my 4 kids this time! Bonus! We don't do character meals though as I can't justify the cost for 6 people - unless someone can tell me a cheaper way lol!

10. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

You have 30 days to claim the pictures from when they were taken. So if you have online access whilst you were away, you might want to consider claiming them just before you come home. The alternative is to get online quickly from when you get home and claim them.

Once you have claimed them i.e., associated the picture/id number to your account, you have another 30 days to purchase them. This should give you time to add the borders and such.

The Disney Photopass site will let you add borders/signatures/print sizes etc. I would recommend that you organise as many variations of the pictures that you want...particularly the different print sizes; just in case. If I recall correctly, you will need to save each variation as a different version of the picture. Saving the different print sizes will allow you to choose what size you might want to print them out of back here. I made a mistake in not doing so and some of the borders did get chopped a little when I wanted a bigger print. Don't forget to keep the original picture as a version.

Once you have finished with your edits, you will need to go in and ORDER your CD. You won't need to select the pictures you want or anything. By ordering the CD, Disney will send you everything in the account.
    The CD won't be automatically sent to you unless you complete the order.

Once you have placed the order, the prepaid amount will be credited to your account. I believe that you will need to pay for shipping charges at this stage, so have your CC handy.

11. meandmygirl

meandmygirl Mouseketeer

Just ordered one - thanks!

Thought it would be easier to get one of these then we can all be in the photos - I am determined not to be behind the camera much this holiday!

12. Aust

Aust DIS Veteran

I ordered mine last Thursday I think, got an email saying it was shipped on Friday. I think it's a bargain, especially for the character meal and ride photos.

13. Minnie Sue Oz

Minnie Sue Oz DIS Veteran

I too have ordered mine and was very impressed it has the ride pics and the character meals too! I also paid for mine online and have already received an email to say it has been shipped.:cool1:

I am hoping the pre loaded picture cd they send will have new photos on from Carsland.....now that would be cool!!!:thumbsup2

14. disneyaussiemum

disneyaussiemum Earning My Ears

I pre ordered on last weekend and it arrive today. It won't get used until we arrive in DL in September.

The photos on the CD are from 2011 so unfortunately no Cars Land :-(

15. carrothead73

carrothead73 Earning My Ears

I've just been doing a quick bit of research into the photopass plus. It looks like a great deal and I'm planning on getting one before we leave. The thing is that we still have three months before we leave so my question is does it matter how long you order it before you use it? If I order it now is it too early? I suspect not but i didn't want to order it then have it expire on me...:rolleyes1

Thanks

Natalie

16. Toy Story

Toy Story DIS Veteran

Hi,

Your purchase should not does not expire. I think there is a timeframe to claim your photopass photos from them being taken (Disney is always the final stage of our trip) and you have thirty days to sort your photos out once you log the card numbers.

17. JessNewbs

JessNewbs Mouseketeer

I didn't know about this photopass, another thing I will have to look into!

18. Melbourne5

Melbourne5 DIS Veteran

P+ sounds good if you do a lot of rides as they just clock them up to your pass.

For those inside the 2 week window to purchase you can purchase at the park for $99 ( dlr). Not as appealing as $69 but not a big issue if you are used to buying $15-$20 photos every time you ride the big attractions.

19. frangipanisam

frangipanisam Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can get the Photo Pass + sent to a hotel in the US, rather then getting sent over here?

Also how much is shipping for the initial pack to Aus? Not sure which way to go just in case it shows up in Aus after we've flown out :rotfl:

20. Rebekkap

Rebekkap Australian Mouseketeer!

I've ordered the photopass+, and when I got back from holidays and went to order the CD I discovered you can actually just download the pictures, you don't have to pay the postage on the CD. It was terrific, and I love all the photos of me on the rides, which I never would have paid for otherwise!

21. Rebekkap

Rebekkap Australian Mouseketeer!

Initial shipping to Aus is free :-)