Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes- Any Other Winners?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Community' started by BridgetR3, Dec 31, 2012.

1. mom4scrapbooking

mom4scrapbooking Mouseketeer

My little 9 year old has been sending me emails all weekend regarding me winning a trip to Disney World. She knows how much I am hopeful and check my emails daily. I think it is so sweet. Keeps the disney love alive!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ashleyrm

ashleyrm DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't win, but thanks for the laugh. I really needed it!

4. TagsMissy

TagsMissy It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Why not just check your voicemail??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using DISBoards

5. finny1981

finny1981 Mouseketeer

Ok I feel like an idiot. All the years I have had my phone service I never knew I could do that. Thanks so much guys :thumbsup2 I checked it...nothing yet, but I am still not giving up.

You guys made my day :hug:

6. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

I must have received the same email because I had to take a double look!

I'm thinking there's a problem with the star I'm wishing on... Although on a happier note, DH told me last night that he's itching to get back to WDW and see the new fantasyland. We originally planned on going back Nov. 2014 due to home improvements we're working on but he said he believes we can get in a trip before then! So yes, I'm already pricing vacations and flights to see when I can convince him to go :) It would work out so much better if they would just call me to let me know I won ... :)

7. Aidensmommy22

Aidensmommy22 Mouseketeer

A little while ago I was headed to town & I passed a fedex truck. I seriously thought about turning around to make sure he wasn't going to my house! This contest is turning me into a crazy person :hyper:

8. Gantu

Gantu Oh,,,,,blitznac!

I got my emails after my phone calls, so I really dont know. But here's the info:

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:40 PM

To: a*****@co********.com

Subject: Disney Parks " Disney Time" Sweepstakes/Jan 2

9. tallen429

tallen429 DIS Veteran

Ok, adding my "jumped to the phone" moment of the day...

My cell rang (the number I provided with my entries) and I looked down and saw the first *2* in the area code...saw a second 2. Jumped and answered.
    It was 202, not 212! LOL!!
    Funny though, the voice on the phone sounded just like the automated tone as when you called WDW reservations!
    The voice said "Congratulations!"
    ...it was a telemarketer. Take this survey, give all of your personal info...blah blah blah.
    But it was an exciting 30 seconds!!
    :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

10. disneynan

disneynan DIS Veteran

Well, it looks like another day gone by without a winner from here.:confused3:(

11. audrey2580

audrey2580 DIS Veteran

I know - seriously!

12. monkyby87

monkyby87 Mouseketeer

For OMDD the list only had Deluxes to choose from. I suppose if you really wanted to you could ask for a Value, but you would then have to do your own research on how much the value stay would cost for taxes, as Disney would just give you the quoted estimated prize value, and not adjust for your new hotel. And honestly, even considering taxes, you're getting a really good deal on the whole trip, so you might as well stay at a Deluxe since you'll never get a chance to again for as cheap as this is, lol.

13. Lynzer Torte

Lynzer Torte Disneyland Lyndsey

Did you win?!

14. ollyg

ollyg DIS Veteran

Just wanted to everybody a quick heads up. While checking my email, I received an email from FedEx stating they were unable to deliver a parcel to my home. I found this odd since I am stuck at home due to shoulder surgery.

I googled "FedEx undeliverable email" and it is a scam.

Good luck to everybody!

15. camsmama

camsmama "One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Actually, the DL folks were not asked for their choice of resort; we were just given whatever was available for our travel dates.

16. jennameowse

jennameowse Mouseketeer

I get those in my spam folder all the time. At least once a day. It's kind of annoying because I always think I have a package and then I'm like, wait I'm not opening this junk! Haha

17. Stitchfans

Stitchfans Tres Charming

When I saw a trip that would be around $6000 would be close to $1,800 in taxes I know I don't have that kind of money to pay the taxes. I mentioned that on another post way in the beginning. someone said I should be able to ask for a value resort. Now I am hearing I can't. :confused3 I know my chances are slim of winning, but just in case.. I'd like to know that I can afford whatever I have to pay.

No.

18. Gantu

Gantu Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Here's some Good Luck!!!!

pixiedust:

19. Gantu

Gantu Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Thank you SO much for the info!! I hope its the same for us.

20. tinkerbellmagic

tinkerbellmagic don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

For WDW, you can always choose a deluxe resort for the sweepstakes part of the stay and then if you stay extra days, you can move to a value resort for the extended days that you would be paying for. They would just adjust your flights for the extended days.

21. Lynzer Torte

Lynzer Torte Disneyland Lyndsey

Oh I assumed the way you were talking you had. Why stress about it if it hasn't happened?:confused3