Disney Paper Piecings???

BeccaGrace

Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad
I'd like to make some of my own paper piecings for our trip scrapbook but this is one area of scrapbooking I've never really tried. Are there any websites that have instructions or templates for Disney-themed paper piecings?

If not...Am I right that I could choose a picture or clip art and trace the various components and then cut them out of cardstock and layer them to get the right look? Or am I missing some important component? :) I'd love some advice before I get myself too far in and realize I'm doing it all wrong!

Specifically...I'd love to make one of Sulley from Monster's Inc. to go with the pic in my siggy. I thought he'd be a good first attempt since he only has a few colors and not too much detail. Do you think he would be a reasonable first attempt or should I aim lower? :rotfl:

I am going to a 12-hour crop on 3/25 and hope to finally scrap our trip and I'd love to have everything ready to go pre-crop so it's just a matter of putting everything together that day. So any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!

I always just use coloring book pages for templates for my disney paper piecings. I usually google disney coloring pages monsters inc or something like that. There are also some links in the scrapbooking site stickey on the dis that have some good coloring pages on them.

I used to trace all my patterns. Now, I either find patterns on the internet or scan coloring book pages then print the pattern on the different colors of paper I need for the picture. For most piecing, this words soooo much better for me. I'm just about finished with my latest Disney album, so I'll try to get some photos to post later.

I love to do paper piecing. I like to copy a coloring page--enlarge or reduce- depending on the size you need. You may want to do a mirror image copy--so you can trace onto card stock and cut from behind then flip over for use right side up. That way you don't have to worry about your tracing lines showing. I like to use pop dots to make certain elements stand out. Have fun with it! I think Sully would be a great place to start.
HTH Deb :sunny:

Becca
I found a great site@ www.artisthelpingchildren.org click on chidrens art resources, they have lots of Sully pages.
I forgot to mention in previous post that I start by tracing a base. By that I mean I trace a general outline to build on. I don't trace any of the parts that hang off--or parts I would want to make 3-D. Just a base to build on. Then I do the fine work. I hope this is clear--I have trouble explaining sometimes.
Deb

DeborahA said:
Becca
I found a great site@ www.artisthelpingchildren.org click on chidrens art resources, they have lots of Sully pages.
I forgot to mention in previous post that I start by tracing a base. By that I mean I trace a general outline to build on. I don't trace any of the parts that hang off--or parts I would want to make 3-D. Just a base to build on. Then I do the fine work. I hope this is clear--I have trouble explaining sometimes.
Deb

Thank you SO much! Those coloring pages are wonderful--I found exactly what I wanted.

Thanks everyone for the advice. This is my first time scrapping Disney and I am so excited for my crop--I organized all my materials today and have enough for a general trip album AND a princess album:) I'll post pictures once they are done...thanks again:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter