Disney "package" tickets more expensive...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by tms295psu, Mar 7, 2011.

1. tms295psu

tms295psu Mouseketeer

I was playing around on Disney's website to price our next trip... 2 Adults, 1 Child, 1 Infant

If I do a Disney package (hotel & 2 day tickets) it cost $956
    If I do a Room Only Reservation it cost $452
    If you only purchase 2 day tickets it cost $470

So If I "package" by tickets cost $504. Where is the deal in that? Does anyone know disney's logic to this... other than making a few extra bucks off of those who just "book it"

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rvchat

rvchat DIS Veteran

what do you mean 'package' by tickets? what about MYW tix?

4. tinker&belle

tinker&belle DIS Veteran

I think the packages quoted include tax. Not sure if the ticket only or room only does.

5. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

The prices for packages and separate components are the same or within a few dollars at most. If it is coming out different, it's most likely due to taxes or possibly insurance added to the package (that is the default, at least when you call).

By the way, 2 day non-hopper tickets for 2 A and 1 child, including tax cost $500.55, not the $470 you stated.

6. tms295psu

tms295psu Mouseketeer

It must be the tax making the package price seem higher... you think they would keep it either Tax included or Not Included regardless of how you price your vacation.

7. Ava

Ava DIS Veteran

I have found that unless you want to purchase the dining plan (which you can only do as part of a package reservation), you get a better price by booking just room only through Disney & buying your park tickets elsewhere. This is what we did for our trip coming up in May.

8. princessnoelly

princessnoelly Mouseketeer

Check SW vacations. You can package and get a discount on the room.

9. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Disney quotes all room-only and tickets prices before adding the tax. They quote packages including tax.

If room only is $452, add $56.50 for tax (unless at All-Stars when tax would be $58.76)
    If tickets are $470, add $30.55 for tax.

So total is $1,009.05.

10. *Seanaci*

*Seanaci* DIS-obsessed and proud!

Also, be aware that when you book a package (room/tix), they automatically throw park hopper and water parks & more options onto your tix (which affects the price of your ticekts). Where as when you do just tickets through the Disney site, the price on screen does not include park hopper, water park & more, or no expiration.

I will be looking at booking room only vs packages this time next year for our trip.

11. ANJnMDS

ANJnMDS Earning My Ears

I found, when pricing packages, that doing a MYW trip included tickets that I wouldn't purchase (tix for all nights of our trip, not factoring in our travel days, also it included the hopper option). Watch that you're comparing apples to apples.

MYW also includes other benefits:

12. Marionnette

Marionnette <font color=deeppink>Wishing On A Star<br><font co

You can always change those tickets to whatever you need. You don't have to go with the default options. They are only suggestions. That's why Disney refers to it as a Magic YOUR Way package. :)

The package benefits don't add to the cost of the package. They are just added bonuses that you might or might not use. I would only take them into account if there was something on the benefits list that I knew that I would be using.