Disney "package" tickets more expensive...

tms295psu

Mouseketeer
I was playing around on Disney's website to price our next trip... 2 Adults, 1 Child, 1 Infant

If I do a Disney package (hotel & 2 day tickets) it cost $956
If I do a Room Only Reservation it cost $452
If you only purchase 2 day tickets it cost $470

So If I "package" by tickets cost $504. Where is the deal in that? Does anyone know disney's logic to this... other than making a few extra bucks off of those who just "book it"

what do you mean 'package' by tickets? what about MYW tix?

I was playing around on Disney's website to price our next trip... 2 Adults, 1 Child, 1 Infant

If I do a Disney package (hotel & 2 day tickets) it cost $956
If I do a Room Only Reservation it cost $452
If you only purchase 2 day tickets it cost $470

So If I "package" by tickets cost $504. Where is the deal in that? Does anyone know disney's logic to this... other than making a few extra bucks off of those who just "book it"

The prices for packages and separate components are the same or within a few dollars at most. If it is coming out different, it's most likely due to taxes or possibly insurance added to the package (that is the default, at least when you call).

By the way, 2 day non-hopper tickets for 2 A and 1 child, including tax cost $500.55, not the $470 you stated.

It must be the tax making the package price seem higher... you think they would keep it either Tax included or Not Included regardless of how you price your vacation.

I have found that unless you want to purchase the dining plan (which you can only do as part of a package reservation), you get a better price by booking just room only through Disney & buying your park tickets elsewhere. This is what we did for our trip coming up in May.

Disney quotes all room-only and tickets prices before adding the tax. They quote packages including tax.

If room only is $452, add $56.50 for tax (unless at All-Stars when tax would be $58.76)
If tickets are $470, add $30.55 for tax.

So total is $1,009.05.

Also, be aware that when you book a package (room/tix), they automatically throw park hopper and water parks & more options onto your tix (which affects the price of your ticekts). Where as when you do just tickets through the Disney site, the price on screen does not include park hopper, water park & more, or no expiration.

I will be looking at booking room only vs packages this time next year for our trip.

I found, when pricing packages, that doing a MYW trip included tickets that I wouldn't purchase (tix for all nights of our trip, not factoring in our travel days, also it included the hopper option). Watch that you're comparing apples to apples.

MYW also includes other benefits:
Walt Disney Travel Company Package Benefits
When you purchase any Magic Your Way package, you receive the following Magical Extras:

•Walt Disney World Marina Discounts
15% off the regular price of select boat rentals at participating Walt Disney World marina locations.
•Disney's Miniature Golf Experience
Valid for one round of Miniature Golf per room at either Disney's Fantasia Gardens or Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses.
•Planet Hollywood $15 USD Meal Voucher and Souvenir Keepsake
Valid for $15 USD worth of food and non-alcoholic beverages and a souvenir merchandise keepsake at Planet Hollywood Downtown Disney West Side. (Not valid with any other offers or discounts. One voucher per room. One keepsake per room. Voucher required for keepsake.)
•Arcade Game Card
Valid for 100 game play points in arcades located in Disney Resort hotels. (One card per room.)
•Children's Activity Centers Discount
15% off the regular hourly rates at the Children's Activity Center located at select Disney Resort hotels. Minimum charge of 2 hours per child. Services available for children ages 3-12.
•Niki Bryan Spa Discount
15% off the regular price of most services of 50 minutes or more at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. (Hand and foot treatments are excluded. Age restrictions apply.)
•Bass Fishing Discount
15% off the regular price of Guided Bass Fishing Excursions and Bass Nitro Fishing Excursions at select Walt Disney World marinas. Excursions include fishing equipment, rod, reel, shiners, artificial bait, non-alcoholic beverages and a 1-year membership to B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society).
•Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Discount
10% off the regular price of all activities including parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing trips at Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Center located at Disney's Contemporary Resort. (Subject to availability; restrictions apply.)

I found, when pricing packages, that doing a MYW trip included tickets that I wouldn't purchase (tix for all nights of our trip, not factoring in our travel days, also it included the hopper option). Watch that you're comparing apples to apples.

MYW also includes other benefits:

You can always change those tickets to whatever you need. You don't have to go with the default options. They are only suggestions. That's why Disney refers to it as a Magic YOUR Way package. :)

The package benefits don't add to the cost of the package. They are just added bonuses that you might or might not use. I would only take them into account if there was something on the benefits list that I knew that I would be using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter