Disney on travel channel tonight

The only special I enjoyed so far is Samantha Brown's. Most of the information was correct and it was about her favorites and that's subjective. I was really peeved last night at that Disney on a Dime. I was peeved about the stroller prices being wrong. How dare they? They knew this special was coming on, they could have eliminated that graphic.

As far as I could see, there wasn't one real economizing point in the whole show. What about buying some breakfast cereal and milk and eating breakfast in your room? What about buying some snacks to carry with you throughout the park. What about the $7.99 24 pack of water from Staples that you can throw in your mini-fridge or in an ice bucket overnight to get them cold (for a while at least)! What about bringing those little packs of kool-aid mix to add to your water bottles so you don't have to buy sodas all day? That show was a bunch of hooey and was nothing more than a Disney commercial for MYW and Dining, which is such a joke these days. You bought dining and you're only going to eat once today. Big savings there??

I like the scenery, but the actual show was pretty light on economical tips.

I was actually surprised, Travel Channel usually does a better job. It really was like a big long commercial, but at the very least, if they weren't really going after showing true money saving tips, couldn't they have a Disney "expert" edit the thing for accuracy? I also didn't like the way they showed the parks practically empty. They made it seem like you could just skip through the parks all day with practically no other people around. And although it does happen, they kept showing the characters riding the rides with people, like Alice joins people on the Teacups for every ride. Or how about when the one family had front row seats for FOTLK? Those seats usually reserved for handicapped guests.

I watched the whole thing thinking "this is Disney on a dime???" I know for the amounts they showed for the number of days I could've done a whole lot better price wise. :confused:

I think they did have Disney experts edit it... Disney marketing dept experts that is. They sure put their spin on it anyway. This was definitely a Disney marketing video not actual research done by an independent party.

I think they did have Disney experts edit it... Disney marketing dept experts that is. They sure put their spin on it anyway. This was definitely a Disney marketing video not actual research done by an independent party.

Really? I think Disney is much better at marketing than this show and I can't believe they wouldn't have caught the part about the 10 year getting a child's ticket, I doubt they'd want to promote that...or even the two night thing for over $1,300. Not even Disney could think that sounds good.

Really? I think Disney is much better at marketing than this show and I think they would have caught the part about the 10 year getting a child's ticket, I doubt they would want to promote that...or even the two night thing for over$1,300. I don't even think Disney would think that sounds good.

Seriously? After some of the other changes they've made like stroller rental prices and DDP changes?

The family at Fort Wilderness keeps talking about how affordable it is, but they sure added alot of extras on. Adding on the waterpark option, renting a pontoon boat, ect...they make it seem like that is all included.

THAT is exactly what I was thinking. Here is a way to save money - but then they show them with all these extras that "regular" people who are really trying to do it on a budget would never get to do. And did you notice the father saying as they were getting on the boat in his commentary that at home they wouldn't be able to rent a pontoon for this price??? What??? I can tell you from experience that the pontoon rentals at our lake are not as expensive as WDW's rentals.

I only saw bits and pieces but I remember thinking...Fort Wilderness?? Um..not really a Disney on a dime thing :confused3 We're a family of five and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside...much cheaper than Fort Wilderness.

I'm glad I didn't see that stroller graphic!! I would have really started ranting:headache: My family just loves when I do that:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Seriously? After some of the other changes they've made like stroller rental prices and DDP changes?

True, very true, but as far as actual marketing, commericals and vacation planning DVD's, advertisments, that kind of thing, I think they are much better at that kind of thing than what was on this show/commercial.

I liked the family that stayed in Fort Wilderness so their kids could eat cheese and crackers and play frisbee golf. :lmao:

If that's what they want to do...great....but we could all show them how to do that for about 4 bucks.

This show was a bit like saying that you should stay in a Disney resort because the gift shop sells soda for $2.50. :lmao:

I think we need to explain the concept of "on a dime".

I liked the family that stayed in Fort Wilderness so their kids could eat cheese and crackers and play frisbee golf. :lmao:

Oh, but c'mon Kevin, didn't you hear the mom say it was MICKEY shaped cheese!!?! That alone makes it all worth it. And besides, as they repeated time and time again, they saved so much not having to rent a car! That alone gave the them extra cash to stay at FW and to feel rich by renting a pontoon boat to drive it by the "Magic Castle." :lmao:

That alone gave the them extra cash to stay at FW and to feel rich by renting a pontoon boat to drive it by the "Magic Castle." :lmao:

Bahahahahahaha! I totally forgot about the "Magic Castle!" I laughed so hard at that...my neighbors probably heard me! :rotfl2:

Hi - my name is Chrissie, and I am a Disney addict....

You know you're a Disney addict when you watch the Travel Channel specials and notice every one of these stupid mistakes!!

Hi - my name is Chrissie, and I am a Disney addict....

You know you're a Disney addict when you watch the Travel Channel specials and notice every one of these stupid mistakes!!

Tell me about it....my wife hates watching these with me because I'm always yelling at the TV. Sidenote, anyone else sense the anger in the DD that was staying at Pop? He seemed mad and the poor wife wasn't allowed to talk...but when she did she kept tapping her ring on the metal chair and it almost threw me over the edge of insanity!

My husband has stopped watching Travel Channel with me for fear of the $1600 Disney commercial playing and me going into my tirade... Sigh... I can't imagine if he hung out for me watching these latest ones.

The one I really and truly enjoyed was on the History Channel and was the Modern Marvels show. Had nothing to say and I was shushing everyone so I could hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter