Disney on travel channel tonight

BTW - has anyone been recording all these Travel Channel specials?

If so, and if you have any way to make a copy for me on disc, pls PM me. I would be happy to pay for it.

We don't get the Travel Channel in Canada.:(

I think they lied about the stroller rental 8-10$ per day???

did you guys see that the fast pass they got said NOT A VALID FASS PASS for rock'n roll??? lol

Did anybody notice they didn't accurately explain the swap pass for parents with small children? They just said "it allows both parents to ride with a child so the child gets to ride twice!" instead of mentioning that it was intended for parents who have a child who is too small to ride. They did elude to it after the fact, but the original statements made it sound like any parents with a child could get a "twofer" pass. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one?

Their not gonna get anything by this group of Dis experts! The best thing the Travel Channel could do for the general public is give out the Dis Boards website! This is real & (mostly) accurate knowledge.

Watching on DVR....they just said "Some of the counter service meals are all you can eat, which is great, you can fill up and not be hungry the rest of the day and really save money." :rolleyes:

First, I can't think of a counter service that is all you can eat and second who wants to gourge themselves so they aren't hunry the rest of the day?

The family at Fort Wilderness keeps talking about how affordable it is, but they sure added alot of extras on. Adding on the waterpark option, renting a pontoon boat, ect...they make it seem like that is all included.

This show is really bad and they left out a bunch of things that actually can you save you money.

Can't believe it...missed the show, AND forgot to DVR it...hate it when work gets in the way of my life!

Watching on DVR....they just said "Some of the counter service meals are all you can eat, which is great, you can fill up and not be hungry the rest of the day and really save money." :rolleyes:

First, I can't think of a counter service that is all you can eat and second who wants to gourge themselves so they aren't hunry the rest of the day?

I noticed that too. At first I thought I heard it wrong.

12 AM EST? or CST?

Though it sounds like I will just get frustrated with inaccurate information. All you can eat CS? Really?

I noticed that too. At first I thought I heard it wrong.

I played it back 3 times, he definitely said "some counter service meals are all you can eat."

I thought the show was actually almost deceiving.

LOVED the little graphic that came up with the old cost of stroller rentals. Since it's a graphic, I really think they should remove it. I bet they wouldn't put a replacement in with the real price though.

I have never heard of an all you can eat CS. The only relatively cheap thing I can think of is Trail's End breakfast ($11.99) & lunch ($12.99) buffets which aren't even CS. I haven't watched yet but did tivo it. Going to watch right now and then post my thoughts. :)

I played it back 3 times, he definitely said "some counter service meals are all you can eat."

I thought the show was actually almost deceiving.

LOVED the little graphic that came up with the old cost of stroller rentals. Since it's a graphic, I really think they should remove it. I bet they wouldn't put a replacement in with the real price though.

Man, that stroller price is really going to mess with some people's vacations banking on the $8-10 they saw in tonight's program. I hope people do more research and see the prices more then doubled. I was also surprised they couldn't remove or edit that graphic before airing.

I thought tonight's was going to have more money saving trips. Families were not utilizing the cheapest options.

Thoughts on the family of 5 who had 4 days at WDW...
-They stayed in a cabin at Fort Wilderness. Wouldn't a family suite at All Stars have been cheaper? You still get the fridge, microwave and can sleep 6.
-They bought the 4 Day Park Hopper + More. So in the 4 days, they hopped parks, went to at least one water park, went to Disney Quest, and still had a ton of downtime for boating & playing football? I think a cheaper option would have been just the normal 4 day ticket and then take advantage of the free pools if you are truly doing "Disney on a Dime".

I like the first family who went and had a package for 2 nights/3 days. Wasn't that package over $1,300? For 2 nights? Not so much on a dime if you ask me.

I was thinking the same thing about the family at Fort Wilderness too. Seems like they spent alot more on the cabin....so they could go biking??? They could have gotten a room at a moderate with a pack and play for the baby and still had a fridge to do breakfast in the room. They were so happy not to have to rent a car, but they might has well have so they could buy all that food they ate in the cabin somewhere a whole lot cheaper than on property. I can only imagine how much that Mickey shaped cheese they had with the crackers cost! :rotfl:

I like the first family who went and had a package for 2 nights/3 days. Wasn't that package over $1,300? For 2 nights? Not so much on a dime if you ask me.

I know! Pure insanity! I realize DBf and I are only a family of 2, but I think they could have made that $1300 stretch a bit further. I know we always do. ;)

I am half surprised they didn't mention the Deluxe Dining Plan, only the regular dining plan. I think money wise the deluxe is actually a more money saving plan if you can eat that much. (DBf and I are going to try to conquer that beast when we go in October). Especially surprised since the whole show just seems to be a plug for Disney marketing and the DxDP is more $$$.

I have been disappointed by all of the new specials. Who does WDW for 2 nights??? Perhaps if you lived right there, but I don't even do DL in 2 nights.

Also laughed out loud when the showed the stroller price up on the screen! :rotfl: Already needs a little update.

So, sure their trips were less than $2,000, but they also would hardly see anything.

--Daneen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter