Disney Nighlife

Disgirl83

Disney Bound
My DF and I will be honeymooning Oct. 8-14th and I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for the clubs at Pleasure Island and the Boardwalk. I have never visited any of the clubs and I would really like to hear everyone's favorites.

Jellyrolls sounds really fun with the dueling pianos, but would also like to visit some of the dance clubs!

I would love to hear all your suggestions.

Jellyrolls is an addictive place! I've been to other dueling piano bars, but this one is just plain HOT! :cool1:

I am not a dance club person - so I can't help you on that. BUT. I love the Adventure's Club at Pleasure Island. It is very entertaining.

twotoohappy said:
Jellyrolls is an addictive place! I've been to other dueling piano bars, but this one is just plain HOT! :cool1:
Ditto! You might want to try one of the other places first, because you're likely to get addicted to Jellyrolls and not want to try anything else :blush:

I loved karaoke at Kimonos in the Dolphin hotel on the Boardwalk. It's a favorite hangout for cast members.

twotoohappy said:
Just adding my 2 cents to say you'll have a blast there - planning to go every night on my upcoming Aug. trip!!! :cool1:

Jellyrolls is great!! Also on Fri and Sat night there is salso music at Bongo's in Downtown Disney.

Am I the only one on this forum who cannot stand JR.

The place is extremely loud and you practically cannot hear yourself think, let alone attempt to talk to someone more than six inches from you. I did not see any sound absorbing materials; everything is either polished wood, glass or metal.

:stir: :stir: :duck: :duck: :crowded: :crowded:

I love Jellyrolls and The Comedy Warehouse at PI. They are both a lot of fun. The best part about the Comedy Warehouse is that I think each show is unique so you can go many times in one night if you wish.

I'm assuming from your name you are 23? All of the dance clubs at PI are okay, but you might find them half-empty in October unless it is a Saturday night... We usually go in September and you can swing a dead cat in most of the places. Also, now that they allow under 21 year olds to wander through PI, there's lots of roving bands of 14 year olds walking around on a Saturday night. The only time we go out at Disney is to the House of Blues on Sunday night at 11pm...It's service industry night, and the place is rocking with great DJ's spinning house music. It draws a huge crowd.

Do you have a rental car?

Give the groove at CityWalk a chance on weekends. It's usually packed. But my advice is to just go downtown! Start at the corner of N. Orange and Church Street and walk north. There's a nightclub on every corner, and that's where all the action is and where all the locals and tourists in the know go. Also, before midnight, ladies get in free most places, at a lot of them DRINK free til midnight, and drink prices are normal, rather than grossly inflated by Disney standards.

There's something going on every night of the week downtown. Google Orlando Nightclubs, and you'll be sure to find something you like. Here's a list of our faves:

Antigua (MUST-DO on Friday nights for hip-hop with DJ Magic Mike. get there early!!!)
Blue Room (later night)
Cairo
Dragon Room
Icon
Sky 60 (my personal favorite, up on a rooftop)
Saphire
Slingapours on Wall Street (a great place to people watch)
The Roxy
Tabu (been hit or miss lately, see if they have a big name DJ when you're there)
Ybors Martini Bar
Zinc Bar

These are mostly upscale, dress nice to get in kind of places...there is also your typical assortment of college beer bars downtown too.

I hope I've helped a little...I am not a big fan of JellyRolls. I can go to Pat O'Briens or Silky O'Sullivans at home. When I'm on vacation, I want to go out somewhere different!

We love Atlantic Dance at the Boardwalk. There's no cover at the door, it's never crowded (although we can't figure out why) and the DJ will play WHATEVER you want. We try to get over there a couple of times a year. It's a great place to dance.

Kimono's is fun, too, for karaoke, too.

Jellyrolls is good if the smoke doesn't bother you.

If you like to dance and the club atmosphere than Pleasure Island would be the place to go, you can get the pass that let's you into all the clubs except I think for the comedy show and maybe another one. Atlantic Dance has more top 40 dance music and is never crowded.

were big fans of jellyrolls & the dueling pianos at the boardwalk. i also like the japanese restaurant kiminos at the swan with karoake at night. my husbands not a big dancer but my girlfriends & i enjoyed dancing at mannequins & bet while at pleasure island.

have fun & congratulations disgirl83!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter