Disney needs queen beds at CBR!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by 2Tiggers, Apr 22, 2013.

1. 2Tiggers

2Tiggers DIS Veteran

Who else thinks this! I just think that if all the moderates have them, why not CBR? Seems odd..... Does anyone know if they are planning on upgrading CBR to queens?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 6disneykids

6disneykids Mouseketeer

I think the reason that Coronado Springs has Queen beds is because they have a conference center attached to the resort, that the other mods don't.

I am not sure, what if any, difference in sq. footage is in each room and if the layout is different

4. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

They have upgraded all of the moderates, except for CBR to queen beds. And from what I understand, they will be doing CBR in the fairly near future.

5. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

It was obviously a business decision.

CSR was a great benefit because it is a convention resort.

POR and POFQ are the resort for a family of 5 and the compact resort for the romantic or mid age set.

CBR added the pirate rooms to fill the most remote part of the resort, because the layout is more elongated of the four moderates (not counting the Cabins which are also doubles). They felt zt the time, it did not neeed it, but all info indicates that CBR is close behind.

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

CBR is currently undergoing a room refurb which includes queen beds. There are pictures in the CBR FAQ thread. They've started in Jamaica 44.

7. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

'

I am so glad. Double beds are a no-go for DH and I. We sleep in a king at home, we can handle a queen at a hotel....doubles are way too small.

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

OK, I'm confused. :confused3

What does "being a convention resort" have to do with the type of bed? Do conventioneers need a larger bed for some reason?

9. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

With it being a convention resort they have filled it with Deluxe type ammenties. Queen beds, fitness center, spa, salon, lap pool, night club style lounge, club level, and largest hot tub on WDW property.

10. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

11. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

It is all about the amentities provided for a type of resort.

Disney cannot afford to refurbish all the mods at once, because it takes too many rooms out of inventory.

Many people forget, Disney is still a business and needs to make decisions that generate a profit and satisfy their stockholders.

12. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

I'm glad to see they are getting queen size beds. They definitely needed them to keep up with the other moderate resorts.

Now if only all the resorts added more king beds and had them as a bookable category at all resorts, that would be lovely.

Then my husband and I might actually sleep in the same bed when we stay at Disney. We are so used to a king bed at home now we can't both sleep in one queen bed easily anymore.

13. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Same here. We go to Disney and don't get a king bed, it's separate for us.

It was quite funny when we took my son and his family to Disney World. We had connecting rooms at Pop Century with the double beds. Each day the grandkids would come over and late in the stay, my world-wise grandson (all of five years old) said "Grandma, how come you and Grandpa don't sleep in the same bed? Are you mad at each other?" :rotfl2:

Same kid who asked me how it felt to be old (I was 50 years old at the time). My answer? "I'll let you know when I'm old". Sorry, that was off topic.

14. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

So happy for Queen beds wherever they can get them. Doubles are a no-go for our family (unless we have two rooms).

15. kristenm514

kristenm514 Mouseketeer

That looks fantastic!! If and when it comes to pass, we will for sure be booking CBR. DH only puts up with Disney cuz he loves me, but we love the islands and it would put some magic in the old scrooge's trip to get a little taste of where he'd rather be. Lol! The double beds are the real barrier to our booking there...plus, it looks like they'll be replacing those garish Nemo bedspreads...even though I secretly think they're fun...