Disney Nails?

Maty

Earning My Ears
I've seen alot of ladies get their nails done before going to Disney with some very cute designs on them and I have always liked them. I did my nails twice when I was in my early teens and the very same day I removed my fake nails because it was just too weird for me. My question is if I go to a nail salon what do I ask for? I don't want fake nails I just want them to paint them really cute with obviously a Disney theme. Also for my toes. Do all nail salons know how to do designs? Price? Suggestions? I'd do them myself but I have two left hands.:charac2:

Ask the nail tech if they can do Disney designs before they start. Most of them can do Mickey. If the nail techs are really good you may be able to show them a picture you like.
Ask for a manicure with red polish, white polka dots, and Mickey ears on index or ring finger.
Or get a gel nail set, it will last longer.

Agree - most salons will now have a mani/pedi combo which will save you a few dollars. The design will probably cost $5.00 per toe/finger

Ask the nail tech if they can do Disney designs before they start. Most of them can do Mickey. If the nail techs are really good you may be able to show them a picture you like.
Ask for a manicure with red polish, white polka dots, and Mickey ears on index or ring finger.
Or get a gel nail set, it will last longer.
Sounds really easy. Thank you for the response! :tilt:

Agree - most salons will now have a mani/pedi combo which will save you a few dollars. The design will probably cost $5.00 per toe/finger
5.00 per toe/finger! Ok wow I didn't know it would be that much! But thank you for the heads up. :o

Yes - typically that's what designs are running here. I usually get just my big toes done with a design.

Would you consider Jamberry's? They are do it yourself sticker type that you heat with a blow dryer. We went 4th of July so I was tetering between patriotic and Disney...this is what I came up with. They do have some awesome options but I chose the best of both worlds for our specific trip.

Attachments

• IMG_2767.JPG
    IMG_2767.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 75

DD and I always just show them a picture on our phones and normally have great results. I do a pedi only as fingers just don't last for me and I don't want the upkeep or removal of a gel manicure. I normally go for red polish with a Mickey head on one big toe and a Minnie bow on the other.

Before our trip last summer, I showed the tech the picture and he said, "Yes, Yes, I can make a good mouse." He then drew the iconic Mickey head shape and added eyes, nose, and whiskers. It looked so so bad but he was so proud of how he "improved" on Mickey. My nieces and DD were all with me and we had to fight to keep a straight face. He was so proud of his work and I wanted DH and my Disney loving friends to see it so I didn't say a word. After I showed off my new and improved Mickey, my DD filled in the head with black polish and it was all good.

I got Butter "Knees up" nail polish (really pretty red) and some rounded tip nail pens in white and black. You can do some white polka dots (easy to do with the rounded tip) and a black Mickey head. All came from Ulta and used coupons.

I started doing gel nails around Thanksgiving last year and I love them! They last 3-4 weeks without chipping for me and the only problem is they grow out. I stopped them for a few months at one point and my nails did feel a little more brittle than normal but it got better.
If your nail tech can't do Disney you can get nail stickers and put them on either yourself or at the salon. I've been searching Pintrest for the right Disney nails for our upcoming trip. There are so many cute options.

Jamberry just today released Ariel, Minnie, and Sleeping Beauty nail wraps. I haven't personally tried Jamberry yet, but I probably will with this new release.

I don't do gel nails or acrylics, but I do get Shellac manicures. I love how long they hold up (especially since I type all day at work) and usually get colored French tips with a clear base, which grows out really well. It takes me about 3 manicures to get to the perfect length for a trip. My favorite one was green glitter tips on most of my fingers and gold glitter on my ring fingers. At home, I used a dotting tool and regular nail polish to put a shamrock on each gold nail for St. Patrick's Day. The next day, I wiped off the shamrocks with non-acetone remover and my manicure was still good for two more weeks!

My pedicure for my last trip to Disney was my favorite red glitter polish, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, with white polka dots over it.

Jamberry just today released Ariel, Minnie, and Sleeping Beauty nail wraps. I haven't personally tried Jamberry yet, but I probably will with this new release.
They are very cute! I hear they are going to come out with kid sizes too. Looks like just Minnie, Ariel and Aurora are the highlighted ones. I wonder if they will release more later. I have used them before and they are fairly easy and look great. You can watch youtube videos about how to put them on.

I love Jamberry and bought some Minnie ones immediately for our trip in two weeks! I can't wait to get them!

I'm a huge fan of Jamberry and a huge fan of Disney (of course *L*) - I had to order some wraps when they came out. Waiting impatiently for them to arrive!

I got the Aurora ones that have the castle and one of the Minnie wraps!

Can't wait to hear what you all think of your Disney Jams, debating if I can wait for the new catalogue to come out, in case there are other new ones before my mid-April trip!

Let me know if you like them and I love seeing nail and Disney pics! :)

I really love the Disney Jams - I've had the ones in the picture on for a little over a week and they still look great!

jams_zpsnbwrwp7k.jpg

I really love the Disney Jams - I've had the ones in the picture on for a little over a week and they still look great!

jams_zpsnbwrwp7k.jpg
Those are the ones we ordered!!! And the multicolored Mickey Heads with the black background! :)

We LOVE Jamberry here - was actually thinking of ordering the Disney wraps to give to my daughter as part of her "we're going to Disney" surprise! FYI - the nail wraps are super easy to put on and last 1-2 weeks (they probably last about 8-9 days on my 6 year old...more like 10-11 on me) and held up to swim team last summer. BUT...there IS a learning curve, so I would do a set before your trip to practice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter