Disney Monorail set

Tink366

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had bought a disney Monorail set in WDW? If so how big / heavy is it and how did you get it back to the UK?:confused3

DH really wants one when we go in just over three weeks time:yay: but not sure how we would get it home:confused3

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had bought a Disney Monorail set in WDW? If so how big / heavy is it and how did you get it back to the UK?:confused3

DH really wants one when we go in just over three weeks time:yay: but not sure how we would get it home:confused3

Would you believe for my son twice from WDW and once from Disneyland CL, we have purchased a full set, extra track, a contemporary and Polynesian.

The boxes are light and well packed, in early years like 2000.2001.2002, we took it on the plane to ensure it wasn't broken in the hold, no problem, in recent years with restrictions it did go in the hold, we put it in a bag with towels etc around it and didn't have a problem.

Well packed and light.

I am interested in this also as we want to get one for DS when we go in a couple of weeks!

Something to consider all our 'Monorail' trains have stopped working due to carpet threads or hairs, they should be on the beam (Track) all the time.

Of toys they are well packed and easy to bring home.

We keep ours just for Xmas to go round our main tree :)

We have the main set, the Contemporary, and the bonus sign set and to get it sent home by Disney was just over $100. We took it to a local post office off the 192 who packed it up beautifully with polystyrene chippings and it cost $80 to send (still a lot of money!)

These prices were as of August 2006.

I tried everywhere to get the Polynesian set but they have been discontinued :sad2:

We keep ours just for Xmas to go round our main tree :)

We have the main set, the Contemporary, and the bonus sign set and to get it sent home by Disney was just over $100. We took it to a local post office off the 192 who packed it up beautifully with polystyrene chippings and it cost $80 to send (still a lot of money!)

These prices were as of August 2006.

I tried everywhere to get the Polynesian set but they have been discontinued :sad2:

My son has a great 'talking' TTC, with three switching beams (tracks). Bet he gets another set in 2008.

My son has a great 'talking' TTC, with three switching beams (tracks). Bet he gets another set in 2008.

I was very tempted to buy that but restrained myself! The boxes were so big I stopped at three. Not saying I wouldn't find room on another trip though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter