Disney Monorail Playsets

DClatt

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone had any information or resources on the differences between different generations of Disney Monorail Playsets? I found this forum topic: http://www.disboards.com/threads/question-about-monorail-playsets.2080954/
And it says the one that came with the Golden Gate Bridge was the most detailed but I couldn't find any other information to confirm that. Also I tried to find more information on the Silver Disneyana limited edition monorail and couldn't find anything either. Can anyone help? Thanks!

If it is detail you want there is a fellow monorail modeler making a highly detailed and accurate HO model, it looks really good! You can find him on Etsy.

I may have to check that out! Thanks!! I'd still like to get one of the Disney sets as well.

The die cast ones I am familiar with (somewhat larger than N scale) are display models. They could be motorized, as I do with the sort-of N scale plastic models but the die cast are a lot heavier.

Okay, thanks! I looked on etsy and couldn't find the person you mentioned. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

Thanks! I got around to taking a look at it and bookmarked it as well. From all the info I'm finding, I think I'm going to search for the Monorail that comes with the Golden Gate Bridge to start off my collection. So if you know anyone selling one I'd be interested!

DClatt
Hello I have 2 of the Disneyland Monorails and they are my favorite. I mentioned in the other thread that there are a few differences from that one and the others.
First it comes with the Golden Gate Bridge that was at DCA for a short time before the change. Also the monorail has Black windows that are reccessed in a bit and it has little exhaust vents that look real. It also has little rearview mirrors on the front cab that poke out a bit. All of the monorails come with panel lines like the doors or things like that but the Disneyland mark V one has more and again they are reccessed making the whole model seem very realistic.

If you are trying to find one you can only really get them on ebay and you have to search for it specifically sometimes. Disney Monorail playset will get you most of them but try key words like Disneyland playset Golden Gate Bridge.

There is one that is posted RIGHT NOW.
But there is 6 people bidding on it so it is going to be fight for it. Right now it is only at $49 but id expect $150 to $200 it will go for.

There was also the Disneyland "mini" monorail set that had only the front and rear cabs and (I think) just 12 curved beam sections, no straights.

Disney is on etsy now.
the reason the monorail playsets are so rare is because if we sell them in the park people try to bring them on the real monorail. and thats not allowed.

so if its the monorail you're interested in i would try and buy some mouse ears instead.
Hope this helped!

Not sure if you are still interested, but I * ***might have one in storage. I need to check

Two Disneyland Mark V (mini sets) on the bay now, one asking $100 to start, the other asking $129.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter