disney magic vs disney dream?????

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dmom&dad, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Dmom&dad

Dmom&dad Earning My Ears

I have cruised the disney magic and love every bit of it. This past week we cruised on carnivals dream. I must say it is nothing like disney magic. We have decided we dont like the larger ships. not because of the amount of people but because its kinda a pain in the butt to navigate! needing to go up and around and around and down to get some place gets old. so with all that said im wondering how the newer disney ships compare to the navigation of the old ones?

thanks in advance!!!!

2. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I guess everyone is different. We did have the opportunity to sail the Dream three times this year so by the end of the second cruise I knew my way around pretty well...by the third cruise it was a snap....but I can see if you are on one cruise it would take most of the cruise to get your bearing.

But, I really didn't think navigating the Dream was that bad. Getting around the aft of the ship was different, though!

The Magic will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. And, I am very much looking forward to our Wonder cruise next month. The classic ships do have a charm of their own!!

MJ

3. PortMickey

PortMickey DCLfan

I love sailing on the Magic and was pretty skeptic of the Dream. We just got off the Dream and I was very pleasantly surprised. It feels very much like the Magic. Some how they were very successful at making everything bigger but it still feel intimate like the magic.

I felt pretty good getting around. If you know the Magic layout you pretty much know the Dream Layout. The Aft/back is a little funky but it was fun to experience a new ship.

I love the top decks, I love deck 4 (both), I love the outdoor seating at topsiders/cabanas. I love the theaters on both ships. I love the Lobbies.

They feel amazingly similar with the big differences in size.

The kids club on the Dream is better hands down and the aquaduck is a blast!