Disney Magic: Dec 23, 2015 Key west

Ginger Bread House Making

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about this. It is a ticketed event and not well advertised. It will be listed in the Navigator (Daily Newsletter). You will receive the Navigator when you board. It will list where you can get the tickets. You should pick them up the first day. It should be fun. See you there:)

Here is a screen shot of a previous Navigator. I think it's the last page. ** Also note that there is free 50MB of interent if you sign up the first day. No purchase needed.
View attachment 132862
Thanks for this! I did read someone another year had mentioned this in my many hours of research but glad to know they do it every year :)

Thank you for the information about the gingerbread house making. I just told my dd (17) and she said she didn't want to build a GB house but since it was Disney it would have to be amazing :teeth:

Ginger bread house making looks fun! Will have to get tickets for that and princesses meet and greets while onboard :Pinkbounc
Do you think we can try to catch a BBB appointment for pirate's night on the 23rd? I didn't make the ressie cause it wasn't a plan and now it is haha but of course everything is Sold out. I was wondering if people tend to cancel those or if it isn't necessary to check on the DCL website everyday for availabilities :earseek:

They've changed the itinerary and now we're going to Key West for Christmas Eve??? Oh no!! Not sure we can make a difference but let's try... Call DCL, ask for a supervisor and let them know that the change is terrible. Suggest that they double dip at Castaway (skip Key West & go to Castaway twice) instead.

Here's the reservation # - 1 (800) 951-3532. Call!!

Why is this a terrible thing? It doesn't seem in my mind, at least, to make much of a difference at all?

Key West can be a ton of fun but it's not as family-friendly as Castaway. Bar hopping is great but we've reserved a cabana on Castaway and were really looking forward to an incredible Christmas Eve with the family. That was a primary reason we chose this cruise.

It can still be an incredible day after Christmas Cabana time. Although I would be more then happy to take over your cabana reservation if you decide you don't want it! :)

Itinerary changes are a bummer but try to make the best of it. :)

I don't think the itinerary change is necessarily a bad thing. It could be that they would like to give the Castaway Cay crew TWO days off at Christmas. It will be nice for us , after the excitement of Christmas day is over with, to have a nice day on Castaway Cay to look forward to.

I don't think the itinerary change is necessarily a bad thing. It could be that they would like to give the Castaway Cay crew TWO days off at Christmas. It will be nice for us , after the excitement of Christmas day is over with, to have a nice day on Castaway Cay to look forward to.

Apparently, there's an even better reason! My TA reminded me that if we went to Castaway Cay FIRST, we would have to clear customs and immigration at Key West instead of Port Canaveral. On the day after a holiday, that might not be pretty!

Somewhat stunned that we are what? 6 weeks out and this thread is so dead! What's everyone planning to do on Key West day?

We are doing the glass bottom boat and probably some sightseeing. We took my now 3 year old to Key West when he was six weeks old and want to take some photos of him now that replicate when he was a newborn.

Check with Imponce if you have not done so already. Start a conversation with her.
Hi- just getting around to finalizing details for the upcoming cruise - wondered what you found out from Imponce on FE. We want to join so if we are both too late maybe we can open another.

First, have FUN!!!:cool1: Second, RELAX! :beach:

We have only cruised Disney. My friend, who is sailing Disney (for the first time) with us on this cruise, asked me a few questions today:
1) will the kids be able to charge anything back to the room? Answer: not unless you allow them to charge back to the room! You will be able to choose this option when you go through the online "paperwork."
2) do they have to pay for sodas? Answer: NO! There will be a beverage station on deck! Just like the Ice Cream Station, it is all you can eat/drink! I did suggest bringing a Disney Resort mug to fill up as the cups are a kids cup size.
I will try to find the list that my husband posted from one of our other cruises and that might be helpful!

Happy planning! pixiedust:
Hi- just jumping on board to get organized for trip and wanted to see if you posted that list from you husband that you thought might be helpful - just registered so I cannot PM you yet until I reach a certain number---little weird. We will be on cruise -Family of 5; Gillian, Dan, Jordan 12, Hadley 10, Holden 9.

Cruise Info:
4-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Magic - Itinerary E
December 23 to December 27
Disney Magic

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Miami, Florida — 4:00 p.m.
2 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
3 At Sea — —
4 Key West, Florida 9:00 a.m. 5:45 p.m.
5 Miami, Florida 7:30 a.m. —

Hello fellow cruisers! My name is Lisa, and with me will be Nelson (DH) and our daughter Nicole (9).
This is DCL #1 for us-

I would like to start the FE thread:) We want to make it simple and fun. If you are interested in doing the FE just let me know and please read this message. If you have any suggestions please let me know as this is the first time I am doing is:)

I will TRY MY BEST to keep track of all who join this thread. If you want to be added to the cruise list, please PM ME with your user name, and any info you want posted on the roster below. Please do NOT assume that I will find you somewhere in this thread and just add you! I apologize in advance but as we get closer, and the thread get longer it will be harder to keep track.

Sailing the Magic

LNPONCE Lisa, Nelson, Daughter Nicole (9)
BANDT Tina (33), Ben (34), Mitchell (3, turns 4 to days after the cruise ends)

If you are unsure or just need to know what FE is then keep reading:) This may help you decide if this is something you would like to do. If you don't know what FE or Fish Extender is you can look at this link. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Here are few things to keep in mind:) Some suggestions for participating in the FE I think it should be up to the person on what they would like to give. Many will just suggest that giving one gift per cabin or one per person is up to those involved and that there is no special day or time to distribute the gifts. Some people like to give several gifts during the cruise and others prefer to do it just once - that decision is usually up to each individual participant.

If you would like to participate in this FE for this sailing read below.

1. First you need to get 10 posts that way you can send me a conversation with your info so I can add it to the list. So if you you don't have 10 post you can go to the link in this sentence and just add a simple number to get to 10 posts. For those who are new with only a few posts, they will not be able to use the PM system until they reach 10 posts. You might suggest to them that they go to the DIS Technical Support/Test board where they can quickly and easily post some one word (or one letter) posts to get their count up to 10.
Once you have 10 posts, you will be able to send a PM (now called "Conversation"). There will be a link at the upper right on every page to your "Inbox" and you can click on any username and a link to "Start a conversation" will be available. In addition, you will then be able to upload images and have links in your signature.

2. Once you do that please send me a message with your cabin, names and ages and suggestions of things you like.

3. I think it would be good to stick to 10,15 or 20 cabins per list depending on how many people. As I get people I will create a list and add them to the thread so you can see. I will post a list for you to see. It looks like most threads close at about 60 days to give time for you to make and get the items for the gifts. If I get enough people I can do a last minute list if they are interested in doing an FE.

4. I think it would also be fun for us to meet. We can arrange something as it get closer.

5. If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. I am so excited and can't wait to take this cruise. We are major Disney fans and travel to Orlando a lot. So I know I will love this experience.
Make sure to follow this thread to keep up with planning for this fun experience.
Lisa, I would like to join in on the FE-still open. I will PM you once allowed.

Anyone know if 8086 stateroom on this ship allows for access to our door? Want to take part in a FE but vaguely remember that on our last cruise (different ship) you couldn't get to concierge rooms. This would be key to know before we join in an FE--if my memory serves me well- does anyone have suggestions around this?

Imponce-Lisa, I am trying to get my 10 posts in so I can contact you directly to inquire if FE is still open. Was there a discussion on whether gifts are going to "family" or just "kids" (for those that have them). I read in other posts while learning about FE's that some include alcohol -will that be determined for this group?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter