Disney Magic Canada October 2, 2016

Just booked this cruise last night. We (myself, DH, and our 4 year old DD) are flying from Texas. Any tips on where to stay the night before the cruise? Are cabs the best option to get around?

Can't comment on the hotels. I've only been there once and we had found a good deal online.

Cabs are the best way to get around, especially if you have luggage or young children. If I recall correctly, the pier is 4-6 blocks from the nearest subway stops (I was visiting the USS Intrepid at their pier next to where the Magic will be). However, allow yourself time as cabs get stuck in traffic just like everyone else.

Just booked this cruise last night. We (myself, DH, and our 4 year old DD) are flying from Texas. Any tips on where to stay the night before the cruise? Are cabs the best option to get around?

My DD(21) and I are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West. 237 54th Street. The rate I was able to book was 242.00 a night.
Total with taxes 281.33. There is a restaurant not to far from hotel in Times Square called "Junior's". Really good food and desserts, especially the cheesecake. The
prices are reasonable. Also, on 57th street there is a restaurant called TAO, which is really good but pricey. My DD is a student at Pace University in the Financial
District so I visit NYC often. pooh:

Hello - although I booked this cruise a year ago, I'm finally done with some work nonsense and ready to get to know what's planned! Cruising this time will be my husband Brian and me. Our daughter (11) will be sitting this one out. We are celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary, My 50th birthday and Brian's 43rd birthday. This will be our 18th DCL cruise and second to Canada on the Magic out of NYC. Can't wait to get to know everyone and hear about the events that will be going on. (We are also on the 11/24/16 Fantasy Western if anyone is on that sailing.)

Kathi

Hello - although I booked this cruise a year ago, I'm finally done with some work nonsense and ready to get to know what's planned! Cruising this time will be my husband Brian and me. Our daughter (11) will be sitting this one out. We are celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary, My 50th birthday and Brian's 43rd birthday. This will be our 18th DCL cruise and second to Canada on the Magic out of NYC. Can't wait to get to know everyone and hear about the events that will be going on. (We are also on the 11/24/16 Fantasy Western if anyone is on that sailing.)

All good things! We have tons of stuff planned but not listed here. :) I think if you scroll back to page 4 you may find the info :)

If anyone is interested in some of the activities we have planned for this cruise... Scroll back to page 4 on how to get more info (if you have not already)

I can't believe it's only a few months away!! :hyper:
Who here is dressing up for the Halloween party? :hmghost:

Well Folks, I'm abandoning ship :tilt: just couldn't resist the 2017 October 21 Canadian cruise with 2 more days and stops for an extra $60 - same level but we were able to select our room. This ship must being filling fast too because the early dining option is currently filled.

Enjoy!! I'll be looking for trip reports :)

LAST CALL...
If anyone is interested in some of the activities we have planned for this cruise... Scroll back to page 4 on how to get more info (if you have not already)

For Platinum members booking excursions tonight/tomorrow, would you please let the group know if any excursions sell out?

And, can you confirm if Palo's brunch is offered on either or both sea days?

Thank you.

I'm working on trying to finalize plans for our trip. What experience has anyone had using UBER to get from the airport (LGA) to hotels in the Times Sq area? Trying to decide if we want to use UBER or go with the taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter