Disney Magic Canada October 2, 2016

Well, I don't either, but it sure does limit my fun....

Of course, since the price for a solo cruiser is usually the same as two, it makes sense to take her along....

Nice! I do think that's a bit crazy-that one cruiser costs as much as two!

Fully agree. Cruising is so popular right now the cruise lines can do it without fear of financial loss. If the single doesn't want to pay the price, someone will be along shortly that does want a double occupancy cabin. Only a few cruise lines even offer single cabins, and those cabins tend to be interior (ocean lines) or lowest deck (river lines).

To me, what is worse, is that many ocean lines now don't even have beds that can be configured from queen to twins like before. This means that if a single takes along a relative or friend, they are either forced to share a bed, or one of them gets the fold out bed. On the Dream and Fantasy you only have the queen bed available, no twins.

Hi all,
We are so exited for this cruise. It will be my husband and myself along with our 2 kids. Our daughter will be 2 1/2 at sail time, and our not yet born son will be 1! We so wanted to do this cruise the last time it was offered but didn't get around to it. We were really excited to see them offer it again!

We just got off the Dream in May for a Bahamas cruise with my parents and our daughter (who just turned one!)
I know it's still a ways off, but we have officially started our count down : )

I am in. I sure hope this cruise will happen. Every time I plan something so far away, something gets scheduled..this will be our first cruise with Disney. I cruised with my dd's 5 years ago with RC. This time it is me and my dh.
Our son lives in Long Island City, and I am hoping he is still there so we can come in a day early and stay with him. Otherwise we will for sure be there a day early and will be booking a room. Flights out of Milwaukee get cancelled all the time if the numbers are down, so we are not going to take that chance.

Welcome.

Good idea about arriving at least a day early. We will do the same even though we could drive up that morning (5 hours). I knew a woman who timed her drive to arrive about a half-hour before the deadline. She got stuck in traffic so watched the ship sail away while she sat about 1/4 mile from the port exit.

Welcome.

Good idea about arriving at least a day early. We will do the same even though we could drive up that morning (5 hours). I knew a woman who timed her drive to arrive about a half-hour before the deadline. She got stuck in traffic so watched the ship sail away while she sat about 1/4 mile from the port exit.

Wow! The thought of that alone could give me nightmares!

It was pretty sad, especially at the sail away party. We were a group of TAs on a cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda, and we'd formed something like a DIS-meet before the cruise. She was on the phone talking to us as we pulled away.

But, my lesson was that it's far better to be way too early for a cruise departure than to be a minute late.

DH & I are on this cruise. I've been waiting for them to leave from NY again. The last time they scheduled from there I already had another cruise booked too close to any leaving from NY & didn't have the extra money.
We're planning on having our son & his wife drive us up from PA. I would rather pay him $200 than drive ourselves and park at port for that money. They can drop us off & then take a leisurely drive back home, touring along the way.

My son loves to drive. He did his share of driving when we went to Florida & drove an hour each way to Automotive Training Center 5 days a week for over 2 years. He jumped on it when I suggested it.

Just booked this cruise this week. Super excited. Since we live in NY, we'll probably take the Metro down to Grand Central Station and then a cab to the cruise terminal. Love that I don't have to pay for a flight. Good thing because we are cruising on another cruise line in February, so it made it possible to take this cruise out of NY. Doing Bahamas in Feb, so thought Canada would be a nice change.

Cruising with me will be my DH, DD (13 at time of cruise), DS (11 at time of the cruise), my parents and my sister. We have never done a Canadian cruise or sailed on the Magic before (only have cruised on Fantasy and Wonder), so everything is new to us. Any advice on the ship, cruising to Canada in October or the ports would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that there will be a few kids my kids age, but there is still time.

I am excited to cruise with everyone in October 2016!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter