Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

We are rookie DCL cruisers (have only cruised Royal Caribbean), but here's what has been explained to us about the dining rotation.

On your Key to the World you will have your assigned rotation for evening dining in each of the dining rooms. (KTTW - This is like your on board credit card. it will also serve as your room key.) Your wait staff will rotate with you each evening to your assigned dining room, so they will know you. You don't need to choose a dining room since it will be assigned for each evening.

As far as themes go, the. only one I know of is Pirate Night. I believe this is the evening after we are at WDW. There is a show outside on deck followed with a fireworks show from the ship. Really looking forward to this!

DD= Dear Daughter
DW= Dear Wife
DH = Dear Husband
IGT = Inside Guarantee
VGT = Veranda Guarantee
Guarantee cabins will be assigned at a later time rather than a specific cabin when booking the cruise. I know of no way to actually tell how full a ship is for sailing. Seems to be a safely guarded secret by cruiselines. :)

That will stink if pirate night is WDW night!!! How can we confirm this???

I found this on the 8 night navigator post

No rotations on board WDW night just these options:

Lumieres (open seating) 6:00pm-9:00pm
Parrot Cay (buffet) 6:30pm-9:30pm
Topsiders (buffet) 9:00pm-12:30pm
Pinocchio’s Pizzeria 7:00pm-1:00am

So hoping this means pirate night is not PC night

Update:

On 8-night Bahamian cruises out of Galveston:
*Nights 1, 3, 4, 5, & 8: cruise casual
*Night 2: "formal night": formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Night 6: pirate night with deck cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 7: "semi-formal night": semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket;

I saw a post over on Cruise Critic saying the Magic didn't get into Port Canaveral this week until about 9:45 A.M. I looked at the ship's location on a website showing where ships are, and it's arrival time was listed as 9:45 A.M. Just thought it was kind of interesting.

Also, the Magic didn't leave Key West until about 2:30 P.M. I know our itinerary gives the time as 12:45 P.M. Wonder if they are being able to allow a little extra time there.

Would love input if anyone knows.

Don't know if I will get up early tomorrow to watch the Magic come into Galveston on the webcam. Maybe I can catch her leaving this week at least!

What sailing was this my friend said they made it on time to PC and she was on the last 8 night cruise......
weird

Dining Rotations (O is Open Seating for WDW Day)
1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP

Dining Themes I found in previous sailing Naviagtors:
Day 1 - Rotation Menu
Day 2 - Prince & Princess - Formal Night
Day 3 - Rotation Menu
Day 4 - Rotation Menu - Castaway Cay
Day 5 - Open Seating - WDW
Day 6 - Pirate Night
Day 7 - Master Chef - Semi Formal Night - Key West
Day 8 - Farewell Menu

Open Seating Dining Options:
Lumieres (open seating) 6:00pm-9:00pm
Parrot Cay (buffet) 6:30pm-9:30pm
Topsiders (buffet) 9:00pm-12:30pm
Pinocchio’s Pizzeria 7:00pm-1:00am

Our family of four will be joining you all. We just booked, got an IGT so we don't have our stateroom assignment yet. I am hoping to join the FE. My kids will love getting little surprises! Love this thread and these boards. I have learned so much already! I guess we will we you all soon!

...but we are having another cold front here, and so dreaming about the warmer weather coming to stay.

Sounds like the ship is really starting to fill up the closer we get!:cool1:

Have you rebooked again?

I had been checking rates every day but was slammed at work this week, and today was the first time I'd checked in a few days. I booked IGT this morning. Saved about $500, plus now my 10% OBB is applied to an Alaska cruise for next summer that was way more expensive. I'm pleased! Glad to be back on board!

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

Just booked this morning thanks to the great military rate! I've been watching this cruise for awhile and hoping it would be discounted but didn't really think it would be.

This will be our 3rd DCL cruise. Soooo excited! :cheer2:

I just did my online check in this morning and the Disney website is showing Pirate Night on the 15th, our sea day immediately following our day at WDW.

What I wrote: As far as themes go, the. only one I know of is Pirate Night. I believe this is the evening after we are at WDW.

Sorry that wasn't clear...my "after" meant the sea day evening following our day at WDW. :crazy2:

What sailing was this my friend said they made it on time to PC and she was on the last 8 night cruise......
weird

Well, that's good to hear. Just as long as we're on time, right? :) Have you heard that at times the ship will leave from PC during the day for crew practice drills? Maybe that's what was going on.

Well, that's good to hear. Just as long as we're on time, right? :) Have you heard that at times the ship will leave from PC during the day for crew practice drills? Maybe that's what was going on.

I haven't read anything about the drills in reviews I have found, but that makes sense that if they are leaving the port and returning someone may have seen them docking later in the morning and just through they were arriving for the day.

None of the reviews have mentioned arriving late to PC!

I haven't read anything about the drills in reviews I have found, but that makes sense that if they are leaving the port and returning someone may have seen them docking later in the morning and just through they were arriving for the day.

What they do is move the ship from it's morning arrival position about noon, and turn her to a different position on the same dock. That is why if you disembark early you will leave the ship from deck 1 , and upon your return you will embark onto deck 3.

So it really has two arrivals.

That is good news of no late arrivals being reported!

Thanks for the update KSLATL! Cute kiddo names...I'm guessing that you are either "K" or "S"? I am glad to be able to update your information and look forward to our FE exchange. It should be a lot of fun and I can hardly wait until May!

Cheers! :banana::banana::banana:

Hello,
I would love to participate on the FE for this cruise. We did one on our first cruise last fall and the kids loved it! And so did I actually :) I am Jill and my son is Liam 8. We will be celebrating his 8th birthday.

We were a week away from getting on the plane to Europe to cruise there but Carnival cancelled our Sunshine cruises :sad: so I had to scramble to find something for the boy since he was so disappointed. So instead of seeing Istanbul and Athens and venice and a dozen other cities we are going to Road trip to Galveston. But we are excited.

Please let me know if we can join your FE group.

Thanks a lot,

Jill neska1212

Hi All,

We just booked this cruise yesterday due to an amazing military rate.

It will be me (Kristi), my daughter (Amanda), her DS Blake -3 and my sister-in-law Gwen.

Amanda turns 30 next month and I turn 50 next month, so this is our girls' trip to celebrate. Amanda is in grad school and will be taking finals the week before we cruise, so I'm sure she will be more than ready to celebrate. Gwen is coming along for fun and we wouldn't take a Disney cruise without adorable Blake! I just cruised on the Wonder on 3/2 and on the Dream on 3/7 and although I knew I would be back, I had no idea it would be this soon. We are all super excited and have already sent our info to Becca for the FE.

Happy cruising!

-Kristi

On the Allure last summer we saw Madagascar 3 the same week it was to be released on the weekend we were off the ship. We are young at heart. We were definitely among the more seasoned viewers in the theater! :) I love this perk on the cruiselines that have arrangements with the film industry.

I would love it if they had Iron Man 3 or Oz showing when we are on the Magic. I know our week will go quickly while we are on board, but we could probably carve out time to watch first run movies. ;)

As I've shared, we are planning to go to AK first. Is this a good plan? We won't be traveling with any children. I haven't seen anyone who is choosing that option, so I was wondering. Remember, we are basically WDW rookies since it's been 20+ years since our last visit, so we are open to any input.
Animal Kingdom is a great choice. If you like animals or rides you will have a blast. The Oasis is a nice cool area to hang out in. Kilimanjaro Safaris is a must! If you like thrill rides make sure to ride Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids(you'll get wet). The only downside is that it is really far from other parks for hopping purposes, and it tends to close early because of it's focus on animals. I would suggest going early and then hopping to your second choice park. Hollywood Studios has some great shows like Indiana Jones, the stunt spectacular and fantasmic. The Tower of terror is an awesome thrill ride, so don't miss it if that's your thing.
Enjoy!

We just booked under the military rate. What a steal! We had been looking at a November cruise on the Wonder because DH has a class, but when we saw the itinerary with WDW for the price we paid, he called in himself to book it. It will be me and my DH(29) and our little man Eric(17 months when we sail). We are interested in the FE, but not exactly sure about it since this will be our first cruise. Any others out there with tiny tots? We are so excited! :hyper:

We just booked under the military rate. What a steal! We had been looking at a November cruise on the Wonder because DH has a class, but when we saw the itinerary with WDW for the price we paid, he called in himself to book it. It will be me and my DH(29) and our little man Eric(17 months when we sail). We are interested in the FE, but not exactly sure about it since this will be our first cruise. Any others out there with tiny tots? We are so excited! :hyper:

What an awesome deal! Welcome aboard :)

Welcome aboard. We booked under the military rate as well. We will be traveling with our 4 year old daughter and our son will be turning one the day after we come back May 19. This is already his second Magic cruise, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter