Disney lover new ro Disboards!

KGDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!!

My name is Kathryn, I'm 21 and have been a Disney lover for as long as I can remember. My first trip was in 3rd grade back in 2000. Since then I have been on somewhere around 8 more trips. I used To go with my parents, but once I hit high school, my dad lost interest in going. My mom was my Girl Scout troop leader, and took us on a couple of trips as a troop. It was so fun to go with friends. I had a long dry spell between visits from 2008-2011 (3 years doesn't seem that much, but when it comes to missing Disney it's an eternity). I

In July of 2011 I went back (finally!) with my boyfriend, my mom, and her friend. We stayed at Old Key West, and LOVED it. we were there from 8-18th. It was really cool, because it was my boyfriend's first visit ever! He loved it so much that we wanted to go back as soon as we could. I got a new job in February of 2012, and saved all my money so that my boyfriend and I could go back! We went back June 3-11 of 2012, and stayed at Caribbean Beach in a Jamaica building.

Now, my boyfriend and I are planning, and saving money to go January 7-15 2014. We are SOOO excited!!!! We are renting DVC points so that we can stay in Animal Kingdom Lodge in a savanna view. We officially book the trip on June 7, 2013 (6 days after my birthday)!!! Woohoo!!! Neither of us have ever been in January, but we are looking forward to cooler weather, less rain, and most importantly, LESS CROWDS!!!

If anybody has any tips or advice for Disney World in January, getting ADR's for Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table, what to bring for the weather, or anything else, it would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome Kathryn!!!

I love going to WDW in January. a few basic tips - be prepared for absolutely any type of weather, we have hit really warm (high 80's) and really cold (38) days during January. Just watch the weather trends as you plan what to pack.

Also be sure to keep an eye on ride maintenance schedules. January is a big maintenance time, so if you have favorite rides, you'll want to schedule your park days so that you can hit them before mtnce starts or right after it ends if possible.

(My DD 9 is a Kathryn too....and already a proven Disney addict!)

Welcome Kathryn!!!

I love going to WDW in January. a few basic tips - be prepared for absolutely any type of weather, we have hit really warm (high 80's) and really cold (38) days during January. Just watch the weather trends as you plan what to pack.

Also be sure to keep an eye on ride maintenance schedules. January is a big maintenance time, so if you have favorite rides, you'll want to schedule your park days so that you can hit them before mtnce starts or right after it ends if possible.

(My DD 9 is a Kathryn too....and already a proven Disney addict!)

Thank you so much for your advice! I am a bit worried about the ride maintances, I hope they won't be affecting too many of my favorite rides. The weather should be pretty interesting! I plan on packing a pretty good variety of clothes. Too funny that your DD is also named Kathryn!

great planning. Good to see you so passionate about it and saving up for the trips. Animal kingdom villas with savannah view is what I would love to do too - but a tad out of budget :( even with renting points..

Welcome and I'm glad you are going back for a birthday trip!

I loved going in January, it seemed deserted compared to our August and December trips! I agree with previous posts about the fluctuation in temperature. I wore pants with a tank top some days, jeans with a hoodie, shorts and a tank top on other days, it was kind of all over the place, and way too cold to get in the pool (but trust me, we tried!)

What a great time to go! Have a great time!! :goodvibes

Welcome and I'm glad you are going back for a birthday trip!

I loved going in January, it seemed deserted compared to our August and December trips! I agree with previous posts about the fluctuation in temperature. I wore pants with a tank top some days, jeans with a hoodie, shorts and a tank top on other days, it was kind of all over the place, and way too cold to get in the pool (but trust me, we tried!)

What a great time to go! Have a great time!! :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm really excited to have a variety of weather and fewer crowds. I'm thinking it will be a HUGE change to what we're used to with June and July crowds!

Welcome! How exciting! I've never been in Jan, but we've been in less busier times and it is worth it! :) It's good you are planning ahead! I love the planning part too! It gets you so excited! :yay: I would make sure you book your ADRs 180 days out and first thing in the am!! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Welcome! How exciting! I've never been in Jan, but we've been in less busier times and it is worth it! :) It's good you are planning ahead! I love the planning part too! It gets you so excited! :yay: I would make sure you book your ADRs 180 days out and first thing in the am!! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the advice!!! I LOVE the planning! It's half the fun of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter