Disney Like it Used to be...And Like it's Never Been Before! Feb. '12 PTR! TR LINK!

Soooo, I'm finally popping in to say hi, even though I lurked through your entire honeymoon TR and never said anything! I think it was because I started reading halfway through it! But anyway, I saw that you have a PTR and HAD to say something! We had our honeymoon at Disney World last January and we are heading back to Disney World in 20 days (from January 19th-29th!)... AND we are staying at Beach Club Villas!

Sounds like you guys are going to have an absolute blast on your trip though, and your Christmas looks wonderful! I can't believe how perfect the presents are wrapped, totally love it! I also laughed because we made the same exact cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas Day! :laughing:

Anyway, I'm finally popping in to say hi and that I'm following along! :)

I'm so glad you're joining in! I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip! :woohoo:

We did have a wonderful Christmas! How funny that you had the exact same cinnamon rolls!

Glad you and Miguel had a wonderful Christmas :)
Your tree is gorgeous as always :D
LOVE the new hipster! Those colors are so vibrant and beautiful! And that watch is gorgeous!

We had a busy, but great Christmas here as well :)
Santa was too good and spoiled Rylan rotten this year! He spoiled Mike and I as well :)

I am so excited for your upcoming trip! It is sounding like an awesome family trip!

Thank you! :goodvibes Glad to hear Rylan had a wonderful Christmas!

I am always such a lurker, but I love what I've read so far and subscribed. I'm posting though, to say that your tree and your presents were SO pretty!! I am in awe. xD

I also wanted to ask if you'd be willing to share your cake batter sandwich cookie recipe? I think my boys would go bannanas over them!

~Zara

:welcome: Thank you so much for joining in!

Here is the recipe I used for the cookies: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cake-batter-cookie-stackers/64c4c789-df46-45ba-b5e9-ccfdc4a996ba

They were very easy! I used regular frosting instead of making it as shown. :thumbsup2

I am glad that you decided to do the KTTK tour, because I want to hear all about it.

Your Christmas looks wonderful. I love all your beautiful wrapping and your tree.

Love the new Hipster. Those are beautiful colors.

I am so excited about the KTTK tour! My whole family is excited. This is right up our alley. I can't wait to share about our experience.

Thank you! :goodvibes

DH & I did the KTTK tour on our 1st anniversary trip and it was amazing! I hope you all enjoy it just as much as we did!

What a wonderful Christmas you had!

I am really looking forward to the tour! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! :goodvibes

Okay, Courtney. I just have to say I am a *little* jealous of all of the amazing things you got for Christmas! Wow! & I thought I was a good girl this year!!!

Happy New Year to you and Miguel. :)

I was very spoiled this year. My family really goes all out for (well, my dad's side. My mother's side barely celebrates). Happy New Year to you, too! :goodvibes

Wow! So many presents! You guys are spoiled rotten. :rotfl: But seriously, it looked like a beautiful and wonderful Christmas for you two. :goodvibes

It was a really special Christmas. We all keep saying we don't know how we'll top it next year. :goodvibes

Ahh, girl I was so looking forward to seeing your tree/decor and it did not disappoint! The way you wrap presents is just gorgeous-- do you use a bow maker?! I love how they all coordinate!
That watch is beautiful! And yay for cooking things-- one of my favorite gifts last year was my crockpot :rotfl:
Glad you had a wonderful day! We actually said the same-- this was the best Christmas we had (this was mine and Zach's fourth). It was just a holiday full of love and fun! Can't beat that!

Thank you! I am very proud of my "creations"! :lmao: I've never seen a bow maker before! I do them all by hand. Very time-consuming, but worth it I think. ;)

Awww, I'm glad to hear you and Zach had an extra special Christmas, too!

Your Christmas looks like it was great! Your presents are so pretty! I would love to coordinate everything like you do, with the wrapping paper and everything, but no one would notice, so I don't bother! :rotfl: Your new Vera is so pretty! I need a new one for my next trip (my cat peed on mine. :scared1: I've read that you can wash it in the washing machine, but I'm afraid to try it! So far I've just been scrubbing it! :rotfl:) but I'm waiting for new patterns to come out!

Oh and you decided to do the KTTK tour? :woohoo: I can't wait to hear how you guys like it! I want to do a tour on our next trip and I either want to try that one, the Wild Africa Trek, or the Epcot Segway tour!

I can't believe your cat peed on your VB! That is too funny, but so sad at the same time! :sad2: I hope you've been able to get it out. It seems to me like they would wash in the washing machine well, but I've never tried it either. :confused3

Yes! We are very excited about the KTTK tour! I'd like to try the Wild Africa Trek, too!

Hi Courtney! I have enjoyed reading your other TR and was excited to start reading this PTR. I LOVE all the planning and newsletters that you have put into this trip with your family. My brother and his family might join us this fall on our annual trip so I feel a lot of pressure to make it all special because it will be their first trip:scared1:

You have done such a great job with all of it! It really inspires me:thumbsup2

Thank you for joining in! I am so glad you are enjoying the reports! :goodvibes

I feel the pressure, too! I want this trip to be perfect for everyone.

Hello... I've been keeping but not posting due to all the running around that comes with the holidays.

You have inspired me... I want to plan a big trip! (Be careful what you wish for right?) We already booked our next trip so maybe the one after will be a big one!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Christmas tree and all the decorations. Everything looks so pretty and elegant. Your gift wrapping skills are amazing! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful first Christmas together!

Happy New Year!

I'm so glad you decided to post! So happy to have you here! :goodvibes I hope a big group trip is in your future too - so far it's been really fun to plan. I hope actually taking the trip is as fun. :lmao:

Happy New Year to you, too!

Your Christmas gifts were so beautifully wrapped, I might hire you next year!

I have had quite a few people tell me that, actually. I say every year I should go into the wrapping business. It's the only artsy thing I'm good at. ;)

The wrapping was stunning! Sounds truly magical with your family.

Thank you! I really enjoy wrapping presents! :laughing:

PLANNING A FAMILY VACATION STEP 5: FIGURE OUT THE DO'S & DONT'S

Obviously, after 5 trips together, Miguel and I are well-aware of what rides we will and won't go on. My family is a different story. I had a pretty good idea, based on their personalities and what they used to like when I was a kid, but I still wanted to get a more accurate count so that I can plan accordingly. With 6 people with different likes and dislikes, we're going to be following more of a touring plan (designed by me) than we usually do. So, in order to plan out what rides are do's and what are dont's, I of course sent out another newsletter!

1d8ad0ec.png

I broke up the categories of attractions into big thrills (EE, ToT, RnRC) moderate thrills (BTMRR, TT, Dinosaur) easy-going rides (Kilamanjaro, Soarin, Fantasyland attractions) and shows. Then I explained each category and just what it entails. Finally, I provided a survey at the end that they could copy and paste into an email with their responses.

c9775686.png

ad2cf89d.png

92a5e1f1.png

Once I had every one's ride styles figured out, I made a list of what I consider the must do's in every park, and just who will enjoy that ride. For the most part, we'll all get to enjoy attractions together, however there will be a few times where part of the group will be browsing a gift shop or maybe even doing different attractions, because I dont want anyone to miss out on something they want to do because the whole group isn't in to that type of ride. Also, I'm taking a bit of creative license in that there are certain rides that I'm sure everyone will love (TT comes to mind) but that they think they might not like just because of the category I placed it in, so I will plan for us all to ride. I would never force someone to ride something that they truly were uncomfortable with though!

To better help with my touring plan, I created a chart (of course!) that I am going to print out on one of those large index cards and laminate. This way, I can easily pack the chart in my park bag everyday for easy reference - there will be no trying to figure out just who will like each ride. We will already know! I assigned a color for each person. A colored cell next to the attraction means its a go! A white cell means that person will be sitting that attraction out.

7570a204.png

Hopefully this will make our park touring go just a little more smoothly!

In other exciting trip news - today marks exactly one month until our trip!!! :woohoo:

I love love love all of your planning newsletters! You can come plan for me anytime! Or wrap presents. Isn't it sad that my fiance is a better present wrapper than I?

I am eagerly awaiting to hear back from you on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I want to book this for Adam and I since he is big into the contsruction of the park and has jabbered on about wanting to see the Utilidors.

Ooooh, another gorgeous Christmas at your house! To echo everyone else, your present-wrapping is unbelievable!

Only a month to go, so exciting!!

Your newsletters are awesome! You are doing a great job planning for your family! I wish I could put something like that together, but with my family, no one would ever stick to a plan.

I always create a touring plan for me DH and DS, and then I try to wrangle as many people as possible, some day are more successful than others! :laughing:

Oh, and I am BEYOND impressed at how beautifully you wrapped your Christmas presents. I wish I could hire you to come and wrap mine! I am THE WORST present wrapper ever, its so bad that I think I'm going to have to make up a story about how the messy elf gets assigned to wrap DS presents from Santa every year. That is the only way I can explain 57 pieces of tape, and multiple wrapping paper "patches" from where when I cut the paper the wrong shape. All of DS presents ended up looking like they had been through the wringer :rotfl:

I just love the way you plan!!

Your Christmas looked beautiful!!!!

Waiting for more...

I love love love all of your planning newsletters! You can come plan for me anytime! Or wrap presents. Isn't it sad that my fiance is a better present wrapper than I?

I am eagerly awaiting to hear back from you on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I want to book this for Adam and I since he is big into the contsruction of the park and has jabbered on about wanting to see the Utilidors.

I am so exciting for the KTTK tour! It sounds like Adam would love it if he's interested in the utilidors. That is what I am most interested in, too! :thumbsup2

Ooooh, another gorgeous Christmas at your house! To echo everyone else, your present-wrapping is unbelievable!

Only a month to go, so exciting!!

Thank you! It was a great Christmas! :goodvibes

Your newsletters are awesome! You are doing a great job planning for your family! I wish I could put something like that together, but with my family, no one would ever stick to a plan.

I always create a touring plan for me DH and DS, and then I try to wrangle as many people as possible, some day are more successful than others! :laughing:

Oh, and I am BEYOND impressed at how beautifully you wrapped your Christmas presents. I wish I could hire you to come and wrap mine! I am THE WORST present wrapper ever, its so bad that I think I'm going to have to make up a story about how the messy elf gets assigned to wrap DS presents from Santa every year. That is the only way I can explain 57 pieces of tape, and multiple wrapping paper "patches" from where when I cut the paper the wrong shape. All of DS presents ended up looking like they had been through the wringer :rotfl:

My family seems to like following a plan/itinerary, so I am hoping that they don't have any trouble sticking to the one I create! :laughing:

I would so wrap your Christmas presents if I could. I love it! :lmao: You sound like my mother. She's never been much of a wrapper, either. I actually wrapped all of my own gifts as a child. ;)

I just love the way you plan!!

Your Christmas looked beautiful!!!!

Waiting for more...

Thank you! :goodvibes

Your ride plan is great!!! I never thought of doing it that way when going with more than just me and mike and rylan lol! :)

YAY only one month (though probably less by now!!) :D

"YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY" BAGS

So, I am kind of borrowing this idea from the welcome boxes that I did for my wedding. I had so much fun filing them with things related to the theme (GA products) and my guests are still talking about them. I thought about how fun it would be to do the same thing (on a much smaller scale, of course) for our trip! I have decided to do what I'm calling "You're Going to Disney!" bags that everyone will get the night before our trip. I will overnight one to my dad and to Mike, and I will deliver my grandparent's. I had originally thought of doing a gable box (like the wedding welcome boxes) but now I think a cute Disney gift bag might be easier to ship.

And then I saw these cuties on Etsy...but for $22 they aren't the most economical option! Still, maybe I could try making them??? I am not very crafty, so any tips on how to accomplish this from any of my crafty DIS friends would be much appreciated!
c53d7bc4.png

And speaking of crafts, one thing I am planning to make to include in the bags is a luggage tag for each group member, kind of like the ones I made Miguel and I for the honeymoon.
52f79548.jpg

I am also planning on making Disney CDs that we can all listen to on the drive to Orlando. I thought about just buying a CD, but I think I'd like it to be a combination of park music and favorite movie songs that I compile myself.
7b8ed5b4.png

Finally, I'd like to do a Hidden Mickey book and maybe another fun parks related book, like a Disney history or trivia type thing.
0a955d7a.png

Anything I'm forgetting? What are your favorite fun Disney books and songs?

Hopefully these will really get everyone excited for the trip! :woohoo:

Those bags were made with the Cricut machine. I'd actually be more than happy to help you out (perhaps in trade for a little souvenir on your trip?) :laughing:) I can use my machine to cut out the shapes that you'd like and send them to you. I can try to find the images from the Disney cartridges I have for you. Other than that you just need a bit of cardstock for the background. Very simple (and SO NOT worth $22!)

The bags are such a cute idea. I am not sure if this would be too much to do or would fit in the bags but what about making individual disney shirts for everyone? You can put their name on with the dates of the trip and a disney character or just Mickey's head.

Those bags are cute but could easily be recreated just like Disney Crafter said.

I love the idea of the bag and I might have to borrow that and create ones for my kids for each day of our trip.

Oh by the way I started a PTR if you want to join along. The link is below.

$22 for the bags?! How many do you get?! That's crazy! They look very simple-- as a PP said, a Cricut machine is the easiest way, but you could even print pictures offline and trace them. Don't worry about not being crafty! What sorts of goodies were you planning on stuffing in them? The Disney store has some great things-- and I'm incredibly partial to the Disney Princess/Pixar fruit snacks at Target! ;) I don't care how old you are-- gummies are always a good snack! Even something like dried pinneapple rings-- to get them excited for Dole Whips! This is a fun idea-- I'm stealing it for our next trip, even though it'll only be the two of us. :rotfl:

Hi Courtney - great idea on the gift bags!
I did something similar for DH's family when we went with them in 2009 (and I might do it again when we go to Orlando with them this summer ... I think they might almost be expecting it from me! :cutie:)

Things I put in them were... Disney beach towels, Hidden Mickeys book, Disney-themed Kleenex tissues & band-aids, pins..
Something fun for the ladies in your group could be a pearl-cage for a necklace (I found a really good seller on ebay who does these!) and then you could do pick-a-pearl at Epcot or Downtown Disney :goodvibes

Last time I bought gift boxes from the Disney Store to use.. this year I might get gift bags, the greeting card shops here nearly always have Disney princess, Pirates and Pixar ones!

Hope you're having a good week... so close to your next trip now! :wizard:

Emma princess: x

Aww, those Disney gift bags are such a cute idea! :thumbsup2 I love everything you are going to put in there! And although I'm not crafty either, they look simple enough to make, for someone who knows what they are doing! :rotfl:

I'm all caught up and loving your TR!

Last February we also did an extended family trip to WDW and then cruised on the Dream! We had 14 total in our party, it was a fabulous trip, especially for my daughters who had two full weeks with 3 of their grandparents!

We also did gift bags which included:
Cruise T-Shirts (designs that were created here on the boards)
Magnets for our doors (again designs from the boards)
Luggage Tags
Laminated Cards (park hours, schedule etc. - okay, like you, I'm bit of a planner:rotfl:!!!!)

I felt like there was more but I'm drawing a blank!

All your the plans sound awesome, I can't wait to read more!!

"YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY" BAGS

So, I am kind of borrowing this idea from the welcome boxes that I did for my wedding. I had so much fun filing them with things related to the theme (GA products) and my guests are still talking about them. I thought about how fun it would be to do the same thing (on a much smaller scale, of course) for our trip! I have decided to do what I'm calling "You're Going to Disney!" bags that everyone will get the night before our trip. I will overnight one to my dad and to Mike, and I will deliver my grandparent's. I had originally thought of doing a gable box (like the wedding welcome boxes) but now I think a cute Disney gift bag might be easier to ship.

And then I saw these cuties on Etsy...but for $22 they aren't the most economical option! Still, maybe I could try making them??? I am not very crafty, so any tips on how to accomplish this from any of my crafty DIS friends would be much appreciated!
c53d7bc4.png

And speaking of crafts, one thing I am planning to make to include in the bags is a luggage tag for each group member, kind of like the ones I made Miguel and I for the honeymoon.
52f79548.jpg

I am also planning on making Disney CDs that we can all listen to on the drive to Orlando. I thought about just buying a CD, but I think I'd like it to be a combination of park music and favorite movie songs that I compile myself.
7b8ed5b4.png

Finally, I'd like to do a Hidden Mickey book and maybe another fun parks related book, like a Disney history or trivia type thing.
0a955d7a.png

Anything I'm forgetting? What are your favorite fun Disney books and songs?

Hopefully these will really get everyone excited for the trip! :woohoo:
If you have a cricut or know someone with one, the bags will be easy. Otherwise, I bet you can find a template to trace and cut out by hand (more time consuming..but you are only making a few). The Mickey bags actually look really simple to cut by hand.

Also I love this idea and might just steal it..I was already planning to do a little toiletry kit for both of our moms, but maybe i'll just do one for everyone and make it more dis-themed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter