Disney Like it Used to be...And Like it's Never Been Before! Feb. '12 PTR! TR LINK!

I am back in from your Disneymoon. I cannot wait to hear about you next trip. How did you choose BC over YC?

Hi! I was going to sub after reading your intro- because of the OCD planning thing ;) Then you throw the beach club into the mix and I'm completely hooked! I fell in love with the BC earlier this year and it is a dream of mine to stay there :love:... if we one day decide to do the DVC this where I want our "home" to be! Can't wait for more!

I'm here!!! I'm going back to read now :)

Yay! Glad you made it over! :goodvibes

After reading your newsletters, I totally knew you guys would pick the Beach Club! It definitely seemed like that was the one you were leaning toward!
Being so close to the WS will be great! Can't wait to hear about your ADR's!

I was leaning towards the Beach Club! :lmao: I can't wait to be able to walk to Epcot. I know my family will love it just as much as Miguel and I do!

Yay for the Beach Club :cool1: I want to stay there SO bad! However, the villas don't appeal to me and I hate the thought of paying for the regular rooms when I can get the villa on points being DVC :rolleyes1

Very excited for the ADRs - it's my favorite part of planning :thumbsup2

We are so excited about the Beach Club! I agree about the villas though. There are so many new villas that if I was going to stay in one I would want to be in one of the newer places. ADRs are my favorite, too! :woohoo:

I'm here! The Beach Club, what a great choice!

Glad you made it over, Mel! :goodvibes

Beach Club is a beautiful resort! YAY :)

It's a dream of mine to stay there! I have family and friends who've stayed there and boast about it and makes me want to stay there someday even more :)

And wonderful that the vote was unanimous (almost) so no back and forth for further deciding :)

It's been a dream for Miguel and I too! Ever since the first time we went to the BC we've been talking about how we want to stay there. :goodvibes

:banana: for the Beach Club! Next to the Polynesian, that's my 2nd "dream resort". We're hoping to be able to stay there for our Disneymoon! (depends on DVC availability at 7 months) I think your whole family will just love it there. The decor is just perfect and the proximity to Epcot is a big :thumbsup2 for me!! Congrats on getting everyone (almost) to agree :laughing::goodvibes

That's our order of dream resorts, too! :lmao: I am so excited about being so close to Epcot. It is going to be so nice to just walk over! :thumbsup2

So excited you'll be staying at the Beach Club Courtney! :woohoo:

It's beautiful there .. I stayed there in 1998 and then at the Yacht Club in 2009 and loved the resort - it's great being able to walk or get on a boat to Epcot and the Studios :goodvibes

Great idea with the newsletters! Are you pretty much in charge of planning this vacation?

Hope you're having a lovely weekend,

Emma princess: x

Yes, I am in charge of the planning! :woohoo: My family knows that I know so much about Disney so they were more than willing to hand it all over. :thumbsup2

I am very excited about being in the Epcot area. It will be so nice to be so close!

I am back in from your Disneymoon. I cannot wait to hear about you next trip. How did you choose BC over YC?

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes I had actually never really considered the YC, mostly because we had never been. We just always loved the look and feel of the BC so much. When we went to the YC for dinner on the ADR, we really liked it, but it just didn't have the same feel for us.

Hi! I was going to sub after reading your intro- because of the OCD planning thing ;) Then you throw the beach club into the mix and I'm completely hooked! I fell in love with the BC earlier this year and it is a dream of mine to stay there :love:... if we one day decide to do the DVC this where I want our "home" to be! Can't wait for more!

I'm glad to decided to join in! :goodvibes It's nice to know us OCD planners are not alone! :laughing:

PLANNING A FAMILY VACATION STEP 2: DECIDE WHERE TO EAT!

My family probably thought I was a little bit crazy when I told them that we absolutely had to be booked by the first week of August so that I could make our ADRs at the 180 day mark. They are going to thank me though, when they see all of those people who try to walk up to a restaurant and are turned away! Back when we took our family vacations, there was no such thing as an ADR, so the fact that you now have to plan out your meals so far in advance was really new to them.

Because there are so many options of where to eat at Disney, I figured it would probably be best if I just made all of the decisions here. I thought giving them options and then trying to compromise between everyone's choices while strategically planning meals based on a non-existent itinerary might be difficult to do. :faint:

Thankfully, I am very familiar with what everyone in our party does and doesn't like as far as dining is concerned. It is for this reason that you will notice that we have a lunch and dinner ADR every day. My family definitely feels that dining should be an experience and should be relaxing and not rushed. For this reason, we aren't going to be doing any CS places. Also, you'll notice that we've only got one buffet meal planned, since my family isn't big on buffets. There's also only one character meal. Even though Miguel and I love them, I figured dining with a bunch of characters might not be the relaxing meal that our party is looking for. Finally, you'll notice that we have no breakfast ADRs (with the exception of one brunch, which also happens to be our only buffet and only character meal. :laughing:) My original thought was that we could all just grab something from the BC CS place in the mornings on our own, but then I realized there really aren't too many CS options at the BC. Then, I thought that those who wanted a bigger breakfast could just walk over to the YC and eat at the Captain's Grille. It seems reasonably priced and I figured we could walk up without any issues. But then, my father decided that he wanted to stay club level, and when I called to make the hotel reservations the CM told me that we could all join him! I hope this is ok, and that it's true, because we're really looking forward to it! So know the plan for breakfast is just to grab some things in the lounge before heading to the parks. :thumbsup2

Ok, so back to lunch and dinner. I wanted a good mix of new places that we've been hoping to try and tried and true favorites that I know my family will love. I think we've got a pretty good mix! Here's where we'll be dining come February:

Saturday - Arrival Day!
Dinner at Teppan Edo
cac6b7fd.png

Miguel and I have been hoping to try this for a while now. I thought it would be a great place for a large group and that it would be fun to show everyone how easy it is to get over to Epcot from the BC! Afterwards, we can watch Illuminations!

Sunday
Brunch at Crystal Palace
91e32743.png

We can't go to Disney without going to our favorite character spot. My family always used to start off our trips with a character breakfast, so I feel like this is very appropriate and will be very nostalgic!

Dinner at Tony's
a6613104.png

This will be a new one for us, and honestly, I'm a little nervous. I've heard such mixed reviews, but we're hoping for the best.

Monday
Lunch at Rose and Crown
0225eb50.png

Another new place and one that's been on our to-do list. My father took my grandparents to London this summer, so I think everyone will really enjoy R&C. I am hoping the weather will be warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the lagoon!

Dinner at San Angel Inn
071008b1.png

After our amazing dinner here on the honeymoon, Miguel and I can't wait to go back. I think my family will love the atmosphere here!

Tuesday
Lunch at Yak & Yeti
be800d86.png

This is another place that Miguel and I enjoyed on the honeymoon and that we are excited to dine at again.

Dinner at Schula's
b8501a21.png

This will be new for us, and it's another one that I'm a little unsure of. I really wanted us to have a nicer dinner at a steak place, but I didn't want to do Yachtsman and I really couldn't think of anything else. I haven't read much about this restaurant. Has anyone been there? What did you think of it?

Wednesday
Lunch at Chefs de France
cbd4b3b9.png

Miguel and I really loved how Chefs transported us right to France. I think my family will agree!

Dinner at 'Ohana
e170ac44.png

This is mine and Miguel's absolute favorite restaurant at Disney. I can't wait to show my family where we honeymooned and introduce them to our favorite place to eat! Our meal time is right around Wishes, so I am hoping we will be seated near a window!

Thursday
Lunch at Sci-Fi
37bed42a.png

Another favorite or ours! Again, I think my family will love the unique atmosphere.

Dinner at California Grill
e36e67c7.png

I can't wait for this meal! After we had to cancel on the honeymoon, I've been dying to go! This is right up my family's alley, and I think we will all really enjoy our meal here.

Friday
Lunch at the Plaza
e8bd95a9.png

This will be new for us! We are excited to give it a try.

Dinner at Il Mulino
bc82a23c.png

This will be brand new, too. The menu looks really yummy and it seems to be a little dressier than some of the other Italian places at Disney.

I have already informed my grandparents and my dad that we must take a picture of all our food before we eat anything. Thankfully, they did not find me crazy. :lmao:

Wow, wow, wow - I am drooling just reading your line-up :lmao: You are eating at some of our very favorites as well as some that are on our "must do" list.

As far as Shula's - we ate here on our honeymoon and it was by far the best steak we have ever eaten ... EVER (did I mention ever? :laughing:)! Candi agrees and that says a lot - his Dad raises cattle for a living and we all know what happens to those cattle after they are raised :rolleyes1 My point though, he knows good steak :thumbsup2 The prices are a little steep, but very well worth it (in our opinion). Also, I have heard a lot of people say you can buy a discounted meal voucher on restaurants.com to save a reasonable amount on your final bill :)

With that being said, if for some reason your service is horrible, the place is a disaster and everyone hates their meal :scared1: .... pretend I never wrote the above paragraph :rotfl:

I love all of your choices for lunch and dinner and your one breakfast. :) I think your family will be very happy with your choices. They should just be very happy you took care of it because they don't realize how many restaurants there are and how time consuming it can be to plan what you want into the days you are there. :laughing:

Your dining plans sound fantastic! Can't wait to hear what you think of Shula's as well as Il Mulino.

I have never stayed at BC but when we stayed at Boardwalk we looked around a little and thought it would be a nice place to stay when the kids are older.

Woohooo for the Beach Club!!:woohoo: I'm really envious! What a beautiful place, and you're right--being so close to Epcot will be awesome!

You've made some really, really good restaurant choices!! I liked that you're doing Teppan Edo--we actually have that one booked for our trip in May and it will be our first time there as well, so I can't wait to hear what you think about it!!

Love, LOVE your newsletters! What a great idea! So excited that you are trying the BC! So convenient for you!

I'm also very excited for you to try California Grill since you didn't on your Disneymoon. I really hope you have wonderful experiences at all your choices! :goodvibes

all I can say about your dining choices is- YUM!!!!

Enjoy all that wonderful sit down dining now, because when you guys have a little one, you'll be fondly remembering those two TS days! :thumbsup2

I think all your lunch and dinner plans sound great. I too would love to try Teppan Edo at some point and I think doing it with a big group is the best time.

Teppan Edo is really cool! And the food is tremendous! If you've ever eaten at Tokyo Dining the food is the same quality, but with a great food show (one of the BEST hibachi restaurants I've eaten at). :cool1:

I think you all will LOVE Cali Grill! Mike and I love the food and atmosphere and I hope you all will too :)

Tony's is pretty good. Everytime we end up eating there the food is good. Not THE BEST, but not horrible either.

I haven't been to a few places you listed so I am looking forward to being able to hear about your experiences there after your trip :) :banana:

Hearing all about those restaurants is making me hungry and needing a disney trip! LOL :rotfl:

I'm in! I loved following along (quietly) on your Disneymoon trip report!

Looking at your ticker (and then double checking mine)... I think we're going to be there at the exact same time! :eek: Not only that, as per your schedule, we also have these park schedule days and ADR's in common:

Saturday (Arrival Day)- Epcot Evening
Sunday- MK Day
Monday- Epcot Day; Lunch at the Rose and Crown
Thursday- Dinner at the California Grill
Friday- MK Day

We also have similar DHS and AK days, only backwards! (We're going to DHS on Tuesday and AK on Thursday--and we're looking forward to a Yak and Yeti lunch as well!)

It's too funny that after reading all these trip reports, someone that I "know" will be there at the same time! :woohoo: If you see two similar-looking sisters (one brunette in her early thirties and one blond teenager), be sure to say hi! :wave2:

Oh my gosh, what a great idea with the Newsletters! I need to corral more of my family into going on a Disney trip so I can do this!!!

You've got some great places to eat lined up, and you are going to LOVE the BC!:goodvibes The walk to Epcot alone is soooo worth it!

Oh my gosh, what a great idea with the Newsletters! I need to corral more of my family into going on a Disney trip so I can do this!!!

I had the same exact thought! :rotfl:

I love all your ADR's...you got me think about adding more to mine!

We love the Crystal Place Breakfast too! It just has such a nice vibe! I don't know if we will be doing it this year, we always like to try something new.

We went to Tony's earlier this year for the first time, and I have to agree with the previous poster the food was ok. It wasn't anything spectacular, but good. The restaurant itself if very pretty hope you get seated near the fountain. :goodvibes

I really like Yak and Yeti too... my dh not so much oh well, I can't wait to have some of those dessert wontons again. ;)

The Plaza is great the sandwiches are really really good.

I haven't been to any of the others so I am looking forward to your review! (no pressure:laughing:)

Rose and Crown is fantastic! Love it there! I've never been to Il Mulino or Shula's, but I've heard amazing things about both. You picked a variety of places-- can't wait to hear how everyone enjoys them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter