Disney Lenox as Wedding Gifts

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Elmo1201, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Elmo1201

Elmo1201 Earning My Ears

I love all things Disney. I got engaged in WDW. I have alot friends who are getting married this year and I am trying to see how I can afford to give a "nice" but yet still affordable gift to each couple.

My 2 Questions:

1./Is it distasteful to give a couple something Disney-ish...I'm thinking a custsy~Lenox Mickey/Minnie Figurine or similiar? All of my friends know I'm crazy about Disney but I'm not sure they share the same crazy love I do. I know they all like Disney (I just don't think they are OCD-about i!)

2./Because I am trying to go to all of the weddings~Do you think it is okay to buy a Lenox piece off of e-Bay? I found some really cool Lenox stores and one promises "never opened except to check for damage and contains all official paperwork" That particular e-bay store has alot of what appear to be new in box Lenox Disney at really, really good prices. I know it's not a e-bay junk dealer as they only have Lenox and Dept 56 and they have a good feedback rating. But would you do it?

What are your thoughts? Thank you for your opinions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dewingedpixie

dewingedpixie Mouseketeer

Your love of Disney may not be your friend's love of Disney. I would reccomend against this. The purpose of a gift is to give something that someone else wants, not what you would like. Wedding gifts traditionally are given to outfit a home hence why its towels, appliances, kitchen utensils, sheets, etc.

As to purchasing off ebay I advise against this too simply because they cant return it if they get a duplicate or dont have use for the gift. Many couples have registries you can always purchase a gift while its on sale, or use coupons for the store. Bed Bath and Beyond often has really good coupons.

4. itsmebabygi

itsmebabygi Counting Down!

Yea :/ I would have to agree. Unless I know my friend collects Lenox I wouldn't consider that. If they collect those things, I think it would be ok to give a Disney one to add to their collection, but a gift that you are unsure they would, that they can't even return, might not be so good.

5. kkbutterfly

kkbutterfly Mouseketeer

I didn't have a shower or registry but some people still gave us gifts and I have a few pieces of nick nacks that people thought I'd like that I don't and am now stuck with. If you know they like both Lennox and Disney, I'd say give it a shot, but if you aren't 100% sure, don't. Get them a gift card or soemthign off their registry. I now have 2 pieces of Waterford I have nothign to do with and now sits in my closet.

6. mariapicardikenyon

mariapicardikenyon Mouseketeer

Don't recommend it.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

As much as it kills us sometimes, we have to remember that a gift is something we think the recipient will enjoy, not something we would like to own.

So, unless the bride and groom share your love of Disney, I would suggest a more generic piece of Lenox.

As to ebay, I would feel as though I had gotten a second-hand gift... whether or not that was actually the case. I would buy from a more standard source. There's got to be a reason they can afford those "really good prices."