Disney: It's For Adults, Too! (finally booked!!!)

Robin Hood is 1 of my favorite Disney Classic movies. I especially like how Baloo is 1 of the first multi-used Disney characters that weren't Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc...

I LOVE Robin Hood. I've been putting off buying it because of how expensive it is. But it's my favorite and I can only watch the crappy You Tube version so many times.
The used one was $30 on Amazon! While most of the other movies are between $8-$10 used. I went ahead and bought it, though. Baloo is such a great character. I love the music in it as well. Unfortunately, Disney didn't produce the soundtrack for purchase. I can't find the songs ANYWHERE on I-Tunes. I got some people covering them but it's not the same.

I want to save up to get the Donald Duck episodes. I have all the color Mickey Mouse episodes but the same set but Donald Duck instead of Mickey is triple the price :confused3 BUMMED.

Sooo after my poor Avs were eliminated from the playoff race by losing to the worst team in the National Hockey League...

me
images

IT'S TIME FOR GETTING PUMPED FOR THE PLAYOFFS! :cool1:
The good thing about not having the Avs in it means there's NO stress. The bad thing is it's a lot less fun.
But it's still the best playoffs in all of pro-sports (don't bother arguing it with me, I'm stubborn)

The following are my favorite playoff pump-up videos. :drinking1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSd8CqBEbcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYwA9s-hjMs&feature=relmfu

Classiest moment in NHL history right here (you'll like this one BDL ;) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-JOZ0q4XDk&feature=related

And my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfadHi-qyw

:woohoo:

They're all fairly short, but if you're going to skip all but one, make sure you watch the last one. It's the best

We play our last home game tonight AND it's being televised on Hockey Night in Canada....guess what I'm doing tonight:lmao: There supposed to be having a salute to the fans which I can't wait to see!

I have to tell you a funny story about Byfuglien! One of my staff was at a club the other night there and when they left Dustin and Stapleton were standing outside. His buddy says to Byf "Hey buddy, you need to get on a bike" to which Byf replied "an explitive" I make more money in a year than you'll make in a lifetime, to which the guy replied "you're right, you can afford a really nice bike". God we cracked up, even Byf replied with "hey, good one man". So funny!

Here's hoping for a win for us tonight!!! :goodvibes

How's the planning going??

We play our last home game tonight AND it's being televised on Hockey Night in Canada....guess what I'm doing tonight:lmao: There supposed to be having a salute to the fans which I can't wait to see!

I have to tell you a funny story about Byfuglien! One of my staff was at a club the other night there and when they left Dustin and Stapleton were standing outside. His buddy says to Byf "Hey buddy, you need to get on a bike" to which Byf replied "an explitive" I make more money in a year than you'll make in a lifetime, to which the guy replied "you're right, you can afford a really nice bike". God we cracked up, even Byf replied with "hey, good one man". So funny!

Here's hoping for a win for us tonight!!! :goodvibes

How's the planning going??

:lmao: Oh my gosh! Byfuglien is so dang fat. Oh well, it works out I guess haha!

Avs play their last game tonight, too. I usually try to go to those games because they do all sorts of fan appreciation stuff ($1 hotdogs! OMG! And jersey give aways and such) but I have to work all night :( Our captain, Hejduk is thinking about retiring as well. He's played all 14 seasons with the Avs and won the Richard in the 90's and I'll probably be missing his last game ever :guilty: I guess it's for the better, though. We went to the last game of the year last year and it was Adam Foote's last game (last Nordique in the NHL) and I may have drunken a tad too much and I just started BAWLING. Just weeping uncontrollably in public. It was so embarrassing. I think I'm better off watching those games from home :lmao:

Are you jumping on any playoff bandwagons? I'm assuming Canucks and Ottawa so the cup comes home to Canada (although, I kind of love the little "jinx" where the Canadiens' mis-treating Patrick Roy is the reason Canada can't win a cup :rotfl:). My best friend is a Canucks fan so it would be nice if they could win. But they're also division rivals and I get a lot of crap for liking them. :goodvibes

I'm jumping on with the Blues. They have some ex-avs on their team and I was born in St. Louis. And they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs this year and they may win the President's Trophy. Very cool.

To be honest, I don't mind if anyone wins other than the Redwings, Devils, or Bruins (Sorry BDL! I like the Bruins, but I hate back to back Stanley Cups unless it's my team!)
Gonna be an awesome two months :)

edit: oh yeah! Planning...Kind of stalled right now until my mom knows what school she'll be at this year. They were supposed to tell her before Spring Break but haven't yet. Since we're planning around her conferences, changing schools would change everything so we have to wait to book. Then we'll be fairly close to our 180 mark and that's what's next! Then I can make my hour by hour plans that will be followed for MAYBE the first couple of hours of the first day lol!

Hi there! Been reading your PTR and loving it. I'm here to add my two cents about a couple of things :)

First, a bit about my first trip experience--the first time I went I was 40. My three kids were aged 9-16 at the time. I was always one of those "practical vacation" people--trips to see relatives, or to see educational or new experience places like the ocean or historical sites or museums. When my oldest daughter turned 16, my husband and I got to thinking that we didn't have much more time for all of us to go on vacations together and decided that Disneyworld was one of those places that you kind of "have to" go to once in your life. I had never before been interested because I just assumed it was out-of-reach expensive, and probably not at all worth it. I sucked it up, resigned myself to spending the money, and we went. Then the strangest thing happened--my husband and I loved the place more than the kids did. Sure, they had fun...but we LOVED it. We've been back twice with our youngest daughter, and can't wait to go again. My oldest daughter is going for her honeymoon in September, and my husband and I are hoping to go for a just-the-two-of-us trip at the beginning of F&W. We are even planning a 2014 family reunion there!

I know you said Glenda doesn't like buffets, and doesn't like to pay for breakfast food...but that she loves all things Pooh and hates crowds. So...I am suggesting that you at least think about an ADR at Crystal Palace in MK. It is a character meal with the whole Pooh crew! Yes, it is a buffet, and they also do lunch and dinner, but there is a really special perk if you go with a breakfast ADR: you can walk down Main Street USA BEFORE the park opens and the hoardes have entered. It is an amazing feeling having that view to the castle almost to yourselves...and a great photo opportunity. We did this on our last trip because we brought my daughter's friend who also loved Pooh and had never been to WDW. It was a big hit with her, and it was awesome for us to see Main Street practically empty!

Hi there! Been reading your PTR and loving it. I'm here to add my two cents about a couple of things :)

First, a bit about my first trip experience--the first time I went I was 40. My three kids were aged 9-16 at the time. I was always one of those "practical vacation" people--trips to see relatives, or to see educational or new experience places like the ocean or historical sites or museums. When my oldest daughter turned 16, my husband and I got to thinking that we didn't have much more time for all of us to go on vacations together and decided that Disneyworld was one of those places that you kind of "have to" go to once in your life. I had never before been interested because I just assumed it was out-of-reach expensive, and probably not at all worth it. I sucked it up, resigned myself to spending the money, and we went. Then the strangest thing happened--my husband and I loved the place more than the kids did. Sure, they had fun...but we LOVED it. We've been back twice with our youngest daughter, and can't wait to go again. My oldest daughter is going for her honeymoon in September, and my husband and I are hoping to go for a just-the-two-of-us trip at the beginning of F&W. We are even planning a 2014 family reunion there!

I know you said Glenda doesn't like buffets, and doesn't like to pay for breakfast food...but that she loves all things Pooh and hates crowds. So...I am suggesting that you at least think about an ADR at Crystal Palace in MK. It is a character meal with the whole Pooh crew! Yes, it is a buffet, and they also do lunch and dinner, but there is a really special perk if you go with a breakfast ADR: you can walk down Main Street USA BEFORE the park opens and the hoardes have entered. It is an amazing feeling having that view to the castle almost to yourselves...and a great photo opportunity. We did this on our last trip because we brought my daughter's friend who also loved Pooh and had never been to WDW. It was a big hit with her, and it was awesome for us to see Main Street practically empty!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Makes me feel a lot better! All our other adult friends that enjoy it had gone as kids or with kids so it's nice to know that people go with old kids and no sentiment involved and fall in love with it!
She's still a bit nervous about the fact that she's taking a vacation away from her Kindergarten class to go to Disney, though! :lmao: We barely even noticed anyone else on our honeymoon. Unless the kids were being cute or something we were in our own little bubble!

I'll definitely have to look into Crystal Palace. Whenever we talk about vacations she mentions not wanting to see characters because it's creepy "except Pooh! I have to meet Pooh!". Lol. Okay mom...suuure you don't want to take pictures with characters (I said the same thing, I jump in character lines all the time!)
But, I'll admit, I have a hard time spending that much money on breakfast! Just not a fan. Unless they offer cheeseburgers for breakfast! Lol.

I bought my park shoes today! I also needed new shoes for work so that's why I'm getting them so far in advance. I have to wear closed toe shoes at work so I got one pair of sandals and one pair of closed toe shoes from Crocs.com.
I recently got moved into the DVD department at work and I can wear any color shoe instead of black now! Hopefully these will be comfortable enough to stand for 8 hours and walk for 8 hours. Recently, when I get off work, I'm practically limping because my feet hurt :(

Women-Sea-Foam-and-Oyster-Melbourne-II%20Lace%20Cabana%20Stripe-_12148_45D_ALT140.jpg

And I got these as well
Women-Espresso-and-Bronze-Adrina-Strappy%20Womens%20Sandal-_11206_25M_ALT100.jpg

Women-Espresso-and-Bronze-Adrina-Strappy%20Womens%20Sandal-_11206_25M_ALT110.jpg

Cute shoes!! I didn't know that Crocs made cute shoes :rotfl:

I plan on buying a pair of TOMS before we go! They're so comfy!

CUTEST SHOES!!! Jasmine is loving both of them and wanted to know where you found those Crocs! She works 8 hour shifts on her feet too so she wants a report on how they are:lmao:

Girl...I am so on the playoff bandwagon.....I am still heartbroken that we're not in but I'll get over it...eventually:rotfl2: I cannot wait for Pittsburgh/Philadephia tomorrow night....can you say blood bath:rotfl: For the first round I'll definitely be cheering on Ottawa...I can't say I'll be cheering for Vancouver, after what happened after the last game last year....well, I was disgusted! So Ottawa it is....I'll let you know who my other pics are...gotta run to work!

I bought my park shoes today! I also needed new shoes for work so that's why I'm getting them so far in advance. I have to wear closed toe shoes at work so I got one pair of sandals and one pair of closed toe shoes from Crocs.com.

CUTEST SHOES!!!
Girl...I am so on the playoff bandwagon.....I am still heartbroken that we're not in but I'll get over it...eventually:rotfl2: I cannot wait for Pittsburgh/Philadephia tomorrow night....can you say blood bath:rotfl: For the first round I'll definitely be cheering on Ottawa...I can't say I'll be cheering for Vancouver, after what happened after the last game last year....well, I was disgusted! So Ottawa it is....I'll let you know who my other pics are...gotta run to work!

Sam... It is NEVER too early to start breaking in Disney shoes. You don't want them too new. That leads to blisters on the side and the heel. You don't want them too worn. The leads to blisters on the toes and the sole. I am speaking from experience here. BDLsgal had perfectly broken in shoes and comfy walks.

QoAT... Looks like we are rooting for all the same teams. Though my reasons are very selfish.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!! (clap... clap... clap clap clap)

CUTEST SHOES!!! Jasmine is loving both of them and wanted to know where you found those Crocs! She works 8 hour shifts on her feet too so she wants a report on how they are:lmao:

I will give you a FULL REPORT on how the shoes go! The sandals got better comfort ratings than the the closed-toe shoes so hopefully the closed-toe work out. I'm sick of limping!

And Kansasdisneygal, I totally know what you mean about cute crocs! They started in Boulder (20 minutes away and where I went to school) and we stopped in the big original store and there were cute shoes there and it was crazy....I hear they're super comfy so I decided to give it a try and they're cute in picture! Can't wait until they arrive :cool1:

And I have to say, I can NOT cheer for Ottawa. I hate Craig Anderson. He treated our team like crap, gave up on us, and expected a crazy paycheck despite played like crap for a whole season. I LOVE lighting him up.

And I like the Bruins, but I don't like teams other than the Avs winning twice in a row. So despite liking the Bruins, I don't want them to win again. And a lot o Vancouver fans are pretty awful (on the internet at least) but my best friend is a Canucks fan and I want him happy! I already warned him that there's a couple teams out there that will make me root against the Nucks.

Sam... It is NEVER too early to start breaking in Disney shoes. You don't want them too new. That leads to blisters on the side and the heel. You don't want them too worn. The leads to blisters on the toes and the sole. I am speaking from experience here. BDLsgal had perfectly broken in shoes and comfy walks.

QoAT... Looks like we are rooting for all the same teams. Though my reasons are very selfish.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!! (clap... clap... clap clap clap)

ottawa winning will definitely make your road to the repeat earlier! But I love the Rangers this year.

But I can't decide who I want to win out of Pens/Flyers. I'm just hoping for a good and entertaining hockey series. Should be entertaining.

Man, I can't wait. I'm glad I have tomorrow night off. Should be awesome!

I'm subbing in - even though you're a Buffs fan (I guess technically I need to be, well, fond of the Rams since coming out here for grad school).

Did you order those crocs online or in-store? We head down to Boulder fairly frequently and I kind of want to try on the blue striped shoes - they're really cute!

Also, you should always want the Pens to lose because they are a terrible, no good, very bad team (what can I say? I'm from Philly and there are NO Philly people out here, but a surprising number of Pittsburgh fans!)

I'm subbing in - even though you're a Buffs fan (I guess technically I need to be, well, fond of the Rams since coming out here for grad school).

Did you order those crocs online or in-store? We head down to Boulder fairly frequently and I kind of want to try on the blue striped shoes - they're really cute!

Also, you should always want the Pens to lose because they are a terrible, no good, very bad team (what can I say? I'm from Philly and there are NO Philly people out here, but a surprising number of Pittsburgh fans!)

:lmao: Pittsburgh has an INSANE amount of fans here. SO ANNOYING. The Pens Avs game this year was 40/60! And I bet half didn't follow hockey before the lockout...Steelers fans are everywhere here as well
I DO like the Pens, but I like variety in Stanley Cups so would probably prefer a Flyers win!

I got those on-line after double-checking that I can return them or exchange them in person at the Boulder store. I like 20 minutes away from Boulder and didn't want to go down there for shoes but I don't like returning things in the mail! They still haven't come in yet which is weird since they ship from Boulder... Oh well!

Half hour until puck drop!
Got my playoff beer
mail

And my playoff shirt
mail

And I'm ready to go!
Go Nucks, Preds and Flyers for today!

Here ya go! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/12/14/reader-recipe-la-cava-del-tequila-avocado-margarita/

Make sure you blend it REALLY well. The smoothness is the best part and if there's tiny chunks of ice it really takes away from it.

I've been meaning to tell you -- we made these last weekend. :cool1:

I've never tried them at Epcot, so can't compare, but they were very good. My wife doesn't really like a strong alcohol taste, so she had a little and then let me have the rest. We made a double batch, so there was enough for about 4 margaritas.

Thanks for sharing the recipe! :worship:

I've been meaning to tell you -- we made these last weekend. :cool1:

I've never tried them at Epcot, so can't compare, but they were very good. My wife doesn't really like a strong alcohol taste, so she had a little and then let me have the rest. We made a double batch, so there was enough for about 4 margaritas.

Thanks for sharing the recipe! :worship:

No problem! My new goal in life is sharing the goodness of the avocado margarita to the masses.
I definitely noticed the ones in Disney were less strong. Probably because they use nicer ingredients? The first time we made them the fancy liquor was on sale so we made them nicer.
They're just too good.

While I'm here I suppose I'll do a little update. We're in Glennbo's planning doldrums right now only on the other side of all the excitement!
We can't book yet because my mom STILL doesn't know where she'll be teaching next year. Basically, she is a full-day kindergarten teacher but the district only does half-day so she's technically a public school teacher but her pay depends on tuition for the full-day kindergarten. She's 1 or 2 kids away from a full classroom and she hasn't hear whether they'll go ahead and keep it next year or whether they'll get rid of the full day and send her somewhere else. She's tenured so she'll for sure have a job somewhere but WHERE we don't know and that has huge implications on this trip.

She doesn't want to take a bunch of days off with a new school and administration whereas with her old school she already has a good reputation. We're also planning around conferences in which she'll have extra days off of school with no kids so we can stay longer.

Once we book we're only 16 days away from the 180 day mark so we're really close to getting the ball rolling on plans again! It's been boring lately!
EMH and park times are out for the week we're most likely going but park recommendations from easywdw.com aren't out for November yet.

I'm a little bummed because it looks like fantasy land might not be open by the time we go. I assumed fall 2012 would be before November! REALLY hoping it's ready in time. And Test Track will probably be down still as well. We're missing two big things by about a week! Oh well. She won't know the difference!

I think that's all for now. Hopefully I'm back in the next week announcing that we booked! Crossing my fingers

QUEEN! My shoes came in. The size was WAY off so if you guys like the shoes try and find a store to go to! And unfortunately the cute blue and white striped ones were too clunky and weird shaped and didn't work out :(
But the sandals are adorable (although the brown color was weird in real life so I got black when I exchanged them). SO comfortable. I exchanged the striped shoes for navy boat shoes which were incredibly comfortable.
If you do go with the website they run a little big

It's always hit and miss when shopping online isn't it? Thanks for the tip!

Watching the flyers game right now....wbu?

It's always hit and miss when shopping online isn't it? Thanks for the tip!

Watching the flyers game right now....wbu?

Yup! Go Flyers! Not looking great so far :(
The Devils irritate me. I like several of their players...but I just hate that team for some reason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!