Disney: It's For Adults, Too! (finally booked!!!)

I don't remember them having coffee. We are thinking about trying out the Kona cafe this time around... & by we I mean me & all of my obsessive planning :lmao:

I'm the exact same way. Planning our honeymoon I drove Casey crazy. He just wanted to go and have fun and I wanted to plan every minute!
I've now learned that my family may be okay with me planning everything but they don't want to have to hear about it! :rotfl:

I'll definitely be reading along with your PTR as well. Looks like it's time for an update :yay:

Half the reason I wanted Kona was literally for the coffee. I LOVE plain black coffee and want to try it so bad!

DBF & I were originally supposed to go to WDW this May but he decided that we should go in 2011 because I wouldn't shut up about it :laughing: & an update is def coming soon!

I JUST got off the phone with my mom and she has her schedule for 2012/2013 school year now! She looked it over and it looks like she has conferences on the Wednesday and Thursday that we were supposed to leave on (if we went over Vet's day) but the good news is she could get Friday off because it's just a work day and the kids don't come in so we'd be able to add an extra day to our trip! It's looking more and more like we'll be doing Vet's day 2012. It will be the week between our birthdays which will make it even more special (her's on the 9th, mine on the 16th). The only thing that will stop this is if she has to switch schools and they have different conferences (which they probably will) so we're hoping she gets to stay in her current situation!

Ugh. My husband is talking to his friend on facebook and she said she was "twitterpated" with a coworker. He didn't know what that meant! AH

Looks like we have a Bambi movie night coming up...

He thought it meant she was constipated with twitter. :scared1:

ok so I LOVE your ideas so far for dining.

We absolutely LOVED Grand Floridian Café. We had made our reservation for the earliest supper time slot and where amongst the first seated. The restaurant was QUIET :O and the service was great. I had fish (miam) and my girlfriend had steak (the steak was great but the sides where DELICIOUS). Dessert was ok. We got a tray with a sample of all four desserts and a cool mickey made out of chocolate but if you are not on dining plan I would skip on dessert.

Kona Café sticky wings are great. We ended up stranded in WDW and walked up to the restaurant in late afternoon. They let us have a table and we shared a plate of wings. DELICIOUS... oh and we definitely had the coffee too!

The Coral Reef atmosphere is great. I hope you get a seat near the aquarium window.

anyways I'm talking too much. Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.

Btw I hope your husband gets that job..(and watches Bambi too, that's unacceptable :P)

How much fun to be planning a trip with your mother, I am right there with you though, no one understands how much adult fun you can have there. I secretly go for the alcohol :lmao:

I tried to talk to my mom about coming with us next year. I still can't seem to convince her. She isn't a thrill ride person & I tried to explain that there aren't even that many of those! I told her that there were plenty of adult things to do! One day I'll get her to join in!

ok so I LOVE your ideas so far for dining.

We absolutely LOVED Grand Floridian Café. We had made our reservation for the earliest supper time slot and where amongst the first seated. The restaurant was QUIET :O and the service was great. I had fish (miam) and my girlfriend had steak (the steak was great but the sides where DELICIOUS). Dessert was ok. We got a tray with a sample of all four desserts and a cool mickey made out of chocolate but if you are not on dining plan I would skip on dessert.

Kona Café sticky wings are great. We ended up stranded in WDW and walked up to the restaurant in late afternoon. They let us have a table and we shared a plate of wings. DELICIOUS... oh and we definitely had the coffee too!

The Coral Reef atmosphere is great. I hope you get a seat near the aquarium window.

anyways I'm talking too much. Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.

Btw I hope your husband gets that job..(and watches Bambi too, that's unacceptable :P)

I saw the menu and pictures of GFC and had to go! That one is definitely set in stone. Plus, it gives us an excuse to head over to the Grand Floridian. I'm pretty sure my mom would just love the inside! Will definitely make us feel way more classy than we really are! :rotfl2:

We stayed at the Poly with the in-laws but we didn't eat at any of the Poly restaurants for some reason. I want the coffee! And whether we eat there or not we HAVE to get the drinks in the pineapple. Those look so awesome!

man, I hope he gets that job too. I've been trying to be supportive with all the unpaid internships and he wants a job more than I want him to have a job. But I'm SO ready to not have to pinch pennies! Hopefully I get him to watch Bambi soon. It's one of my least favorite Disney movies (which isn't saying much, I still love them all) so if I can talk him into watching a Disney movie I can't decide if I want to waste it on that one! SO lucky my SIL and her girlfriend are as into Disney as me! I lived with them my last year of college and we watched Disney movies every night! Was excellent

How much fun to be planning a trip with your mother, I am right there with you though, no one understands how much adult fun you can have there. I secretly go for the alcohol :lmao:

We just decided we weren't going to upgrade hotels to the Boardwalk like we talked about earlier because we want to use the $700 we'd save on alcoholic beverages! We're basically planning the days around where the fanciest drinks are :rotfl:

I tried to talk to my mom about coming with us next year. I still can't seem to convince her. She isn't a thrill ride person & I tried to explain that there aren't even that many of those! I told her that there were plenty of adult things to do! One day I'll get her to join in!

Keep trying! I got to a whole new level of obnoxious before my mom agreed to come. And I think she's starting to get excited! We've never been on a trip just me and her before so we're both really excited to spend time together! I lived at home over the summers during college so moving out for good this summer was hard on both of us! My mom hates thrill rides, too but I've talked her into everything but Rock n' roller coaster. Hopefully I don't kill her! Ha

We just decided we weren't going to upgrade hotels to the Boardwalk like we talked about earlier because we want to use the $700 we'd save on alcoholic beverages! We're basically planning the days around where the fanciest drinks are :rotfl:

Sounds like the best plan to me. Heck I stay at value or off property so I can spend what ever I want.

I'm bored right now so I thought I'd post some pictures from old trips! It's that awkward time when I finish doing something and I don't have enough time to start something new before my next plan but there's enough time to be bored for a while.
Hockey game starts in 30 minutes and there's nothing to pass the time! So here I am.

I'll start with the best drink on Disney property. The avocado margarita! The first thing I do when I get to Epcot (if our first Epcot experience is NOT at open) is going to La Cava to indulge in one of these babies!
379744_10150923493535252_687465251_21794416_63027843_n.jpg

And I wrote in my planning notes to come here "hungry". Because the queso! THE QUESO! Now, I hate queso. I go to Qdoba and get nachos without their famous queso. But this came with an already prepared plate of chips and guac and boy am I glad it did. SO GOOD

299503_10150923493940252_687465251_21794418_1459623821_n.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of us on our Honeymoon! The rest of the couple-y pictures were taken later in the day after lots of sweat and rain. This is the only one we look good in!

300274_10150923510805252_687465251_21794486_2103374697_n.jpg

This one makes me laugh. And it's unflattering but I'll post it anyways.
My face looks like that because that is one full cup of coffee. I need my coffee!
387554_10150923555885252_687465251_21794737_1057078468_n.jpg

I just like this picture :)
393036_10150923556040252_687465251_21794738_1134357962_n.jpg

I could only find 2 pictures from the first trip I was there :(
226621_1037234246043_1081080101_30115964_702_n.jpg

I went through a Bolt phase! Lol
230296_1037234326045_1081080101_30115965_1492_n.jpg

Hiya Sam! I'll join in!

I think it's great that you're going to show your mom around Disney. She is going to have an AMAZING time, even if she doesn't realize it yet. Actually, that will make it all the better....just you wait and see.

Hiya Sam! I'll join in!

I think it's great that you're going to show your mom around Disney. She is going to have an AMAZING time, even if she doesn't realize it yet. Actually, that will make it all the better....just you wait and see.

Welcome!

Luckily, if she doesn't have a good time I can just alter her reality via lapu lapus!

Muahaha

O man I have been waiting soooo long for one of those.. Just 18 more days :cool1:

I've never had one! I discovered them here AFTER our honeymoon and I want one SO BAD. They look so unbelievably delicious and fun!

So I'm trying to plan our arrival day and I can't pick between 3 different scenarios. The flights we're looking at will have us in our rooms and ready to party between 2 and 3PM so there's a good chunk of that day left to do things!

My original plan was Cali Grill and then Wishes. But I hear they're going to shut er down and refurbish the Cali Grill so I changed the plan to one of the GF signature restaurants (leaning towards Citricos) and then wishes from the beach. Well, I ran this by my mom and she didn't like it for 2 reasons.
1) She thought we'd be too excited when we got there to have a relaxing quiet evening and that we'd want to go straight to a park

2) She doesn't want to have an ADR to worry about if traveling goes wrong or something

and I also heard that if you've never seen Wishes you should see it from inside the park before the various other places to see it. So we're moving the signature (or other monorail restaurant if we don't want to pay for signature) dinner and beach wishes for our last night when we'll be tired. (all my mom's idea! If she knew how to use the internet she could be a Diser!)

So if we end up there for 5 whole days like I'm planning, the last day will be whatever park we feel like we didn't get enough of, followed by the dinner plan!

So what about arrival day?

Scenario 1. Downtown Disney!
downtown_disney.jpg

The POR has a boat so it might be fun to just hop on the boat and shop! If we do this we'll get a CS meal either at Earl of Sandwich or WPE.

PROS: Ease her into Disney a bit (also kind of a con) instead of throwing her into the glitter and magic and castles! Might be overwhelming :confused3

CONS: I don't like DTD because whenever I'm there I think about how I could be in a park.
If we went to DTD on the first night we wouldn't go again the rest of the trip and we'd be more thrifty with our souvenir money whereas later in the trip we'll be less apprehensive to spend.
It might be extra busy on a Friday night? I don't know about that one

Scenario 2. Straight to MK!

385533_10150923538880252_687465251_21794663_1956211701_n.jpg

Dive into the Disney magic headfirst! Take our time and soak everything in (we'll be doing ropedrop the next day so we won't need to worry about doing rides and such) and see the parade and wishes!

The pros of this one are obvious so I'll skip to cons

CONS: Might be busy on a Friday night over a 3 day weekend. I don't want her to be overwhelmed by the crowds on her first experience with Disney. Rope Drop at MK is a much better way to dive into Magic Kingdom the most magical way possible!
We may be too tired after waking up at 5:30am for a flight. If we go to DTD we can leave after dinner and go to sleep early. Don't want to start the trip out tired!

Scenario 3. EPCOT!
EpcotSpaceShipEarth.jpg

It's large so you notice the crowds less and there's plenty to do there that doesn't involve waiting in line for a ride. We can go and enjoy the Food & Wine booths before the weekend hits since it ends on the 11th.
CONS: ? I can't think of any!

I asked my SIL what we should do and she went with DTD. But she also loves DTD and I can do without it.
What do I do :confused:

I would go with Epcot. DBF & I live 8 hours away and somehow managed to get to disney ~6.5 hours last time. We arrived around 12:30, dropped our bags off & headed straight to Epcot. We were able to hit all the big rides & then hop to DHS to hit all the big rides there & eat dinner! I was kind of surprised at how much we were able to get done in less than 1 day :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!