Disney Infinity...Worth it?

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I've seen advertisements for Disney Infinity and I'm wondering, is it worth it?
I know you buy the big box, and then people keep saying about Discs. So you have to buy more discs to get different lands?

What comes in the main box?
i used to be a gamer but I have not been playing because I see no purpose in anything any more. But I'm just curious about Disney Infinitiy.
Those who have it, is it worth it?
How would you rate it?

Hello,
I've seen advertisements for Disney Infinity and I'm wondering, is it worth it?
I know you buy the big box, and then people keep saying about Discs. So you have to buy more discs to get different lands?

What comes in the main box?
i used to be a gamer but I have not been playing because I see no purpose in anything any more. But I'm just curious about Disney Infinitiy.
Those who have it, is it worth it?
How would you rate it?

Disney Infinity Starter Pack comes with 3 figures (Jack Sparrow, Mr. Incredible, Sulley), Disney Infinity base, Disney Infinity game, one power disc, web codes for the three characters, the play set for the three characters. You can buy additional characters and play sets. The additional play sets released so far are Cars and The Lone Ranger.

The game itself is a great game. You can choose two different methods of playing: missions and toy box. In the mission, you can only play characters from that play set. No mix and match characters. In the toy box, you can play as any characters. You can create your own world, visit other toy boxes, do adventures, etc. The power discs add weapons, vehicles, backgrounds (skies and terrains), and power ups. It is not necessary to use the power discs. They just add more fun to the game. The power discs are sold in blind packs. Each blind pack contains two power discs and costs 6 dollars. You can trade them with other players. There are a lot of things you can do in the game. I think the game is totally worth the price.

Infinity is now my guilty pleasure (only because it saps away my time from household chores!). I play, and also my 21 year old daughter. I do not play video games! Years ago, I liked Animal Crossing on the Wii, that was my last "video game". We have the X box version of Infinity.

Some people mostly play Toy Box. We mostly play the adventures. Pirates and Monsters, so far. There are many small, fun tasks in the game, that only take a few minutes-up to 10 maybe if you are struggling. I like those, lol, you get a reward after each one.

Please note the limitations on the Wii version of the game, it would be a deal breaker for me. No 2 player gaming in the Adventure mode. (I would not care much about the no online restriction). And to play 2 player in Adventure mode, you need 2 games pieces from the same story.

I read about people getting frantic about the game piece discs, they are not really even needed. I have some, but you get so many doubles it is annoying. (thus the trading aspect comes in, but most people are trying to trade the same ones).

PS I would start with the game pack, 3 additional pieces so you have 2 for each game, and the GUIDE BOOK. (although kids that play many video games might not need the book).

Years ago, I liked Animal Crossing on the Wii, that was my last "video game".

If you can spare it, pick up a 3DS and the recently-released "Animal Crossing: New Leaf". It's like night and day comparatively to City Folk...so many additions and improvements.

This game is 100% worth the purchase!! My kids and I love it and it gives them the ability to use their imagination in Toy Box mode. We also have a lot of fun trading our extra power discs with other Disney Infinity fans on the the DISboards

So i bought the wii version at toys r us on the 30th of jan since it was on sale.

Since then i bought sorcerer mickey. Just yesterday i picked up the lone ranger playset along with violet from incredibles for $0.99

I have a few power discs and have an extra stitch gun for trade. I already traded two discs with people already. Lol.

My next character purchase will probably be vanelloppe from wreck it ralph.

We own both Infinity and all of the Skylanders games at our house. My son has been playing Skylanders since the first generation and I was really excited to see what Disney would do with a similar format of importing characters into the gaming landscape.

In my opinion, Infinity is a good - but not a great - game. My biggest issue is that you can't mix characters in any setting the way you can with Skylanders. If you're playing in the Monsters world, Captain Jack can't jump in beside Sulley. And I'm really let down that we have characters like Jack Skellington or Wreck It Ralph that you can only use in the Toybox. I'll grant you that the Toybox is very creative and we've gotten some fun toyboxes from Disney and fans alike. But the sandbox nature of partner with anyone on the standard levels has been a real drawback for me.

Infinity is fun for what it is, but I can't say for sure that I'd jump into an Infinity 2 without the ability to have characters play between worlds.

there are not too many expansions for the 1.0 game, a few lands such as
The Lone Ranger, Toy Story, and the main game you get in the base box. There are many characters that belong in Toy Box mode and more for other lands.

$34.00 for a pack of 2 with a land (like toy story)
$12.95 for a single character (from Walmart)

I have been lucky to snag a few characters from the good will store. I am not even going to start 2.0 because it seems that majority of the characters are for Toy Box mode and not too much Play stuff for adventures etc.

I know people like to "build" but then there are some of us who love to go on the adventures etc.

there are not too many expansions for the 1.0 game, a few lands such as
The Lone Ranger, Toy Story, and the main game you get in the base box. There are many characters that belong in Toy Box mode and more for other lands.

$34.00 for a pack of 2 with a land (like toy story)
$12.95 for a single character (from Walmart)

I have been lucky to snag a few characters from the good will store. I am not even going to start 2.0 because it seems that majority of the characters are for Toy Box mode and not too much Play stuff for adventures etc.

I know people like to "build" but then there are some of us who love to go on the adventures etc.

Yeah :( I was pretty bummed when I found that out. I was really hoping for a Nightmare Before Christmas world but we just got Jack. It's still fun, but, I think everyone should have a world!

me too. i don't play it as much and really thinking about selling it.
i'm not too inspired to buy the 2.0 mostly cause a.) i don't have the console to run it and b. there's not many worlds there either.

me too. i don't play it as much and really thinking about selling it.
i'm not too inspired to buy the 2.0 mostly cause a.) i don't have the console to run it and b. there's not many worlds there either.

We got the 2.0 for our son for Christmas. Mostly because of the Superheroes. I was so excited when I saw Stitch but then I realized it was just for the Toybox.

(I really wish they would do another game like the Disneyland for Kinect but not have to use the Kinect. Love that game but I hate Kinect.)

Stitch has a mini-game that comes with their (he and Merida's) starter pack but not a full playset. There are tons and tons of great downloadable levels online though that you can mix and match any characters in. It's the mode that kids seem to like the most because of the freedom to use whatever character you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!